Conference Championship Games this Weekend 12/1-12/2

None of that matters. They’re an undefeated P5 conference winner. They’re in.

Tomorrow the narrative will suddenly be about how they proved all the doubters wrong and gutted out a win even with their 3rd string QB. They’re in. The only question now is whether the 4th team is Bama or the team that beat Bama.
if FSU is in doesn't it have to be Texas over Bama? they're both p5 conference champions, but one beat the other head2head.

Advertisement
They’ve preached head to head matters , they’ve painted themselves in a corner. Texas is in and Bama is out if all things hold up. Booger made the point I’ve been making with friends. The eyeball test is bs, because the eyeball test was wrong with Oregon, UGA and Tulane just in the last twenty four hours. If it’s about the eyeball test or reputation why even play the games ?
H2H Games matter. So do the ither 12 ganes you have played. Remember when LSU beat Bama in the regular season and then lost in the title rematch?

No way Bama is out and nor should they be.

Yes they lost to Texas, another playoff team. They also beat:

The likely #5 or 6 tomorrow in UGA.
#11 Ole Miss
#13 LSU
#21 Tenn

That's three Top 15 teams and 4 in the Top 25.

Bama has actually played the most legit schedule out of any of these playoff contenders.

No other contender has 3 wins over Top 15 teams, UGA, Miss, LSU. Do those games not matter?

Texas beat likely #4 Bama, #18 OK St. and #25 KSU.

Tomorrow FSU will be the only contender without a win against a team ranked in the Top 10.

You keep Bama out and you punish them for playing a tougher schedule. You are pretty much saying, "Hey, don't schedule anyone worth a **** out of conference, win, and you will get in."

This will all be moot next year. but this year Bama has the best resume out of any playoff contender, even with their loss to Texas.

Last edited:
Absolutely **** FSU but if they’re not in just take a formula of talent composite and Vegas lines and put the bracket together that way because clearly games don't matter. This **** is ridiculous.

Bruh. The top undefeated teams are Mi., FSU and Wa. But the transitive property says: Texas>Bama>UGA! What’s it gonna be??

Advertisement
I don’t think theres a wrong answer. Once teams start losing you’ve put yourself in this position. Is it most deserving or eye ball? If it’s the eyeball test why even play the games ? I mean the eyeball test said Oregon would house Washington and that’s why they were such a big favorite. The one thing they’ve preached is head to head matters. Nothing else.
Washington +9.5 easiest money I’ve ever made

fsu should be in the playoffs. If they do, they will get absolutely blasted by Michigan. If they don’t and they play another team in a meaningless bowl game and they win they will be 14-0 and claim a national championship.

Do not let FSU claim a fake natty. Let them be exposed in the playoffs

To me it should be

Michigan
Washington
Fsu
Texas

But if u factor on that fsu with there backup qbs is not a playoff team then it should be

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Bama

It will be hard for the committee to not have the sec champ in..I think uga and bama are currently better than texas today but u can’t ignore that bama lost to them and beat uga so they should be locked in.

I just want the best games, im a football can first so i fan put my hate for fsu aside and honestly say nobody wants to see them with a backup in the playoffs man. It will be tuff to penalize a 13-0 team so i get if they get in but you’re basically giving a team a bye week in the playoffs

Advertisement
Michigan
Washington
Texas
Bama

Can't put UGA in over Bama now. FSU is out, not their fault the acc stinks. Even more reason for them to try to blow up the conference, which I think leads us to the B1G. IMO, Rad isn't going to make that move on his own, he loves the acc too much but FSU and Clemson leaving might force his hand. I hate FSU more than I hate the SEC so I shed no tears for them, and I dont think Bama is going to beat Michigan so SEC isn't going to win a chip again this year. Would love to see Washington win the natty just because it's not one of the traditional bag schools.

I don’t think theres a wrong answer. Once teams start losing you’ve put yourself in this position. Is it most deserving or eye ball? If it’s the eyeball test why even play the games ? I mean the eyeball test said Oregon would house Washington and that’s why they were such a big favorite. The one thing they’ve preached is head to head matters. Nothing else.
On top of that, not only did Bama lose a game, they also needed a miracle 4th and throw it 50 yards to the corner lucky win against a bad Auburn team.

The eye test theory doesn't apply to Bama this year because everyone in the world can see this is a down Bama team compared to past Bama teams. And for the record, they didn't just beat a juggernaut Georgia team like the past 2 Georgia teams, they beat a Georgia team who's best win is Missouri by 1 possession. Even Georgia Tech had an onside attempt to tie Georgia. Did Georgia or Bama beat any notable teams out of conference... Nope.

I did the math on their team back when we played them. They lose 17 seniors at minimum and most them are super (Covid) 6 year seniors. Factor in the juniors declaring for the draft and they are losing 20-24.

Norvell has to strike gold again in the portal replacing all of his skill positions. I expect a drop off from them because contrary to the BS spin they and the media put out there, they do NOT have quality depth. There best recruiting class in the last 4 years is 19th and the trenches are filled with low 3-star dudes. I fact checked on 247Sports. FSU had 7 4-star OL and DL from their last 4 recruiting classes in total. That's 7 including both offensive (4) and defensive (3) lines for 4 years total. Norvell will hit the portal heavily for trenches again next year.

The portal is not a sustainable method to build a program. They have a top 5 recruiting class for 2024. Time will tell if they can sustain high school recruiting.

My prediction is that the portal is not going to be as big after next year. The extended year given from Covid has created the overflow of portal players. I think there won't be any Covid eligible players after next year or maybe 2025 for Covid freshman that also redshirt. The number of quality players in the portal will decrease dramatically. There will always be high impact players in the portal looking for a big payday, but there will be fewer of them to go around.

Mario has it right in the way he's recruiting. When we hit the 10 win mark, recruiting will be on autopilot. We will have back to back top 10 classes with records of 5-7, and 7-5. Imagine what 10-2/11-1 seasons can bring in.1

I think Miami is built for a 10 win season next year with the right QB. I hope we get Cam Ward or Will Rodgers.

Re: portal: Exactly there will be quality guys the rest will be jags. And filling your roster with them will not be the answer.

Re: fsu roster: agreed. They are losing a ton of leadership and key contributors. With major question marks. This was their perfect storm window.

Advertisement
Who gets left out? ACC or SEC?

Was Bama's win over #1 UGA better than FSU's win over #17 LSU? Not even counting how the teams LOOKED

I have no idea. Regardless it’ll be unprecedented. Either the Sec won’t get a team in or undefeated P5 conference champion will be left out. Gun to head I’d say Bama because of the Sec but I can honestly see both sides. I’d like to watch FSU get blitzed in the playoff though lol.
Semenholes get in the CFP, they’ll probably wind up like TCU last year.

Advertisement
Michigan & Washington are the only absolute locks.

You’re smoking rocks if you think a 1 loss SEC champ who just took down undefeated #1 gets left out. Therefore Bama should be in. And if that’s the case then you can’t leave out Texas.

Texas boat racing Okies and Bama winning makes it easy for the playoff committee. The moment Bama won close that was the worst case scenario for Fsu. They likely would’ve still gotten in over Texas but Bama doing what it did significantly stregethened Texas’ case.

Let's be honest, none of the three should be left out, period. But one of them has to be left out. It just depends on the criterion the committee thinks is most important.

Let's be honest, none of the three should be left out, period. But one of them has to be left out. It just depends on the criterion the committee thinks is most important.
The criteria, allegedly, is who is the best right now.

FSU w/ QB2 or QB3 isn't close to the best right now, so they could perhaps be on the outside looking in.

- Mich....locked
- Wash...locked
- Bama...probably
- UGA...probably-ish
- Texas...probably-ish
- FSU...probably not-ish

Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Ohio State and Oregon would all be double digit favorites over FSU on a neutral field. The decision of FSU getting in the playoff really isn’t that hard.

Advertisement
Back