Conference Championship Games this Weekend 12/1-12/2

Advertisement
Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Ohio State and Oregon would all be double digit favorites over FSU on a neutral field. The decision of FSU getting in the playoff really isn’t that hard.

See, I hate using the point spread argument, because Georgia would be favored over some playoff teams as well. But Georgia is done.

See, I hate using the point spread argument, because Georgia would be favored over some playoff teams as well. But Georgia is done.
Being a favorite and being a double digit underdog are two different things. I personally think Washington and Michigan would be favored over UGA anyway.

They’ve preached head to head matters , they’ve painted themselves in a corner. Texas is in and Bama is out if all things hold up. Booger made the point I’ve been making with friends. The eyeball test is bs, because the eyeball test was wrong with Oregon, UGA and Tulane just in the last twenty four hours. If it’s about the eyeball test or reputation why even play the games ?
Best point I've seen a pundit make. The answer is pretty obvious with Washington, Michigan, FSU, Texas. Could give a F about anything else when a team went 13-0 with a comparable resume especially with ACC having a better H2H record against SEC this season. Plenty of teams like LSU, Clemson, us, or Louisville could have saved us from FSU being here but would be an indictment on the system to leave them out because of 1 injury.

It’s going to be very close but my gut says Michigan, Washington , FSU and Texas. They’ve preached head to head and they have painted themselves into a corner with that.

Advertisement
After what we've just seen I'm convinced they're going to win the whole thing.

That was not the Louisville that played us or ND - and it wasn't down to anything FSU was doing schematically. They must have sold their souls.
I feel ya. They keep getting breaks, it’s wild lol.

they can say what they want, but they typically choose most deserving - record and conference title

Alabama today beats any of them. Alabama versus Auburn 3.5 quarters...anybody i guess could win, including us if we didn't beat the living **** out of ourselves every game.
Yes, but does the NCAA and the Committee want to put up with a sizable fan base doing the UCF thing?

Advertisement
It’s going to be very close but my gut says Michigan, Washington , FSU and Texas. They’ve preached head to head and they have painted themselves into a corner with that.

They’ve also consistently said their job is to pick the four best teams and most deserving is not a factor. I don’t think anyone would argue that Florida State is top 4 right now.

At the end of the day it’s just like the basketball committee, the criteria is whatever they say it is.

Imagine if the committee was around in the 80s and 90s how many times Miami would have ben screwed

Heck, FSU made it in 2000 after losing to Miami
The BCS computers screwed Miami by fracrions of a point. If Miami keeps starters in a ran the score up just a little more they likely get in. Point deferential mattered. Games like Syracuse. If there’s a committee Miami goes over Fsu because of h2h.

They’ve also consistently said their job is to pick the four best teams and most deserving is not a factor. I don’t think anyone would argue that Florida State is top 4 right now.

At the end of the day it’s just like the basketball committee, the criteria is whatever they say it is.
If you go by the eye ball test you might as well not play the games anymore. Eye ball test said Oregon was better than Washington , Tulane was better than UAB and Georgia over Bama. The games , record and championships have to matter. It’s a lot harder than people think. Once Bama got beat pretty handily in T town they lost their gripe. Like I said “ I see both sides “. Best vs most deserving.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you go by the eye ball test you might as well not play the games anymore. Eye ball test said Oregon was better than Washington , Tulane was better than UAB and Georgia over Bama. The games , record and championships have to matter. It’s a lot harder than people think. Once Bama hit best pretty handily in T town they lost their gripe. Like I said “ I see both sides “. Best vs most deserving.

Definitely go head to head as factor #1 but when it comes to say BAMA vs FSU getting the last spot you have to factor in the eye test. BAMA just beat the #1 team in the country and won the SEC. FSU can’t complete a forward pass. It’s unfortunate for them (not really, **** em) but it is what it is. Without Travis they’re clearly not a playoff team. Injuries matter to me; I’m not putting this FSU team/QB situation in over other deserving teams that are better than they are right now. Just my opinion. I don’t want the most deserving teams getting participation trophies. I want the playoffs to be the four best teams in the country.

That said, FSU is probably in.

The criteria, allegedly, is who is the best right now.

FSU w/ QB2 or QB3 isn't close to the best right now, so they could perhaps be on the outside looking in.

- Mich....locked
- Wash...locked
- Bama...probably
- UGA...probably-ish
- Texas...probably-ish
- FSU...probably not-ish
They were going to get smashed with QB1.

The committee will be doing them a favor. They can go to amthe Orange Bowl. With a win they can crown themselves a Natty like UCF. 🤣

If you go by the eye ball test you might as well not play the games anymore. Eye ball test said Oregon was better than Washington , Tulane was better than UAB and Georgia over Bama. The games , record and championships have to matter. It’s a lot harder than people think. Once Bama got beat pretty handily in T town they lost their gripe. Like I said “ I see both sides “. Best vs most deserving.
I think the eye test in the championship games matter S well as the outcome. Washington, Alabama, Texas, and Michigan all dominant.

Advertisement
Bama has a loss so all things aren’t equal.
as does Texas....

so as we had with pollsters voting for Natty, then poll of polls, then BCS +1, then 4 team, we arrive at 12 teams is "more fair" to determine who is the best right now...

as does Texas....

so as we had with pollsters voting for Natty, then poll of polls, then BCS +1, then 4 team, we arrive at 12 teams is "more fair" to determine who is the best right now...
H2H takes care of that. Bama got handled at home by UT. Very easy. Don’t lose and this won’t happen . That’s why CFB has always been the best watch on Tv. Every game you’re playing for your life. Twelves teams is too much but it’s more football so whatever. 8 teams is perfect. The games roll mater and the playoff doesn’t get watered down with a couple mediocre teams in it.

Advertisement
Back