Conference Championship Games this Weekend 12/1-12/2

H2H takes care of that. Bama got handled at home by UT. Very easy.
I don't disagree, but losing to OU, who then when on to lose to powerhouse Kansas (and also Ok State) certainly adds fuel to fire.

Just as Bama squeeking bye an outgunned Auburn last week and USF early in season.

So then we you further muddy the water with, "who are the best four teams today..."

I think this is where CFB just gets to an NFL superconference model with AFC-NFC divisions and a playoff. The regular season is important to make the playoff season and then just win. No beauty contest bull****.

Derailment alert 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
Are schools recruiting, drafting, or hybrid of both option for players to roster at that point???

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, but their strength of schedule is 5th and FSU's is 55th.

It's like crowing that q984 BYU team a natty for beating an 6-5 Michigan team.

ESPN's CFP projection has Bama 4th and FSU 6th.
Fsu won a power five conference going undefeated and man handled LSU . Bama’s SOS is a tad better because the sec is top heavy and conference games. It’s not FSU’s fault the Acc is mediocre . That said the Acc had a better h2h record versus the sec. I mean in the NFL if you get home field because you play in a weaker conference you still get home field. They’re both NFL conferences. Bama went out and played against Texas and lost. Fsu went out and played LSU and won. Then won all their other games , that has to matter.

H2H takes care of that. Bama got handled at home by UT. Very easy. Don’t lose and this won’t happen . That’s why CFB has always been the best watch on Tv. Every game you’re playing for your life. Twelves teams is too much but it’s more football so whatever. 8 teams is perfect. The games roll mater and the playoff doesn’t get watered down with a couple mediocre teams in it.
All true. ESPN's prediction is:
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. UGA
6. FSU

Fsu won a power five conference going undefeated and man handled LSU . Bama’s SOS is a tad better because the sec is top heavy and conference games. It’s not FSU’s fault the Acc is mediocre . That said the Acc had a better h2h record versus the sec. I mean in the NFL if you get home field because you play in a weaker conference you still get home field. They’re both NFL conferences. Bama went out and played against Texas and lost. Fsu went out and played LSU and won. Then won all their other games , that has to matter.
ACC is mediocre and FSU is just the king of thst mediocrity. Best win is against a 3 loss LSU team that Alabama also manhandled.

They weren't going to win with Travis and they will get smoked without him.

You an FSU fan now?
You point out the good, but leave out thr games they struggled with including the 7-5 Miami Hurricanes.

Sorry, but FSU ain't it.

Advertisement
ACC is mediocre and FSU is just the king of thst mediocrity. Best win is against a 3 loss LSU team that Alabama also manhandled.

They weren't going to win with Travis and they will get smoked without him.

You an FSU fan now?
You point out the good, but leave out thr games they struggled with including the 7-5 Miami Hurricanes.

Sorry, but FSU ain't it.
Lsu / Bama was a game entering the fourth quarter and Daniela got hurt. They didn’t handle them on their home field. Fsu didn’t play them at home and kicked their *** from the third quarter on. They’re both lower five teams and winning all the games HAS TO MATTER. Or the games don’t matter and it’s just opinion. Once again don’t get bullied at home if ya want to get in the playoff.

[/QUOTE]
If you go by the eye ball test you might as well not play the games anymore. Eye ball test said Oregon was better than Washington , Tulane was better than UAB and Georgia over Bama. The games , record and championships have to matter. It’s a lot harder than people think. Once Bama got beat pretty handily in T town they lost their gripe. Like I said “ I see both sides “. Best vs most deserving.

All I’m saying is the committee’s made it clear that they are to pick the four best teams and Florida State is not one of them. It’s pretty cut and dry as far as I’m concerned. But I am obviously biased.

If it’s about who’s the best tram what if Bama has two losses and won the Sec? I still think they’re better than FSU but they shouldn’t get in over them.

If it’s about who’s the best tram what if Bama has two losses and won the Sec? I still think they’re better than FSU but they shouldn’t get in over them.
exactly

and if head to head doesn't matter... are we all certain that if bama and UGA played against next weekend that UGA wouldn't win?

also Ohio State has the "best loss" in the nation and they are not getting buzz about "best 4" although UGA is.. which shows that it really boils down to SEC bias

Advertisement
Lsu / Bama was a game entering the fourth quarter and Daniela got hurt. They didn’t handle them on their home field. Fsu didn’t play them at home and kicked their *** from the third quarter on. They’re both lower five teams and winning all the games HAS TO MATTER. Or the games don’t matter and it’s just opinion. Once again don’t get bullied at home if ya want to get in the playoff.
That was week 1. That's the highlight of thier resume. You already said the ACC is mediocre this year. FSU struggled against several teams. It's not as if they blew everyone away like the Clemson teams of the past decade. FSU is Miami 2017. Good, but not great and had a lot of things go their way.

You can make an argument that they deserve to be in, but they are not 1 of the 4 best teams. I don't even think they're better than 8th.

Michigan, Ohio State, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia are all better teams. They've played and beat more ranked and higher ranked teams than FSU.

That was week 1. Thst's the highlight of thier resume. You already said the ACC is mediocre this year. FSU struggled against several teams. It's not as if they blew everyone away like the Clemson teams of the past decade. FSU is Miami 2017. Good, but not great and hand a lot of things go their way.

You can make an argument that they deserve to be in, but they are not 1 of the 4 best teams. I don't even think they're better than 8th.

Michigan, Ohio State, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia are all better teams. They've played and beat more ranked and higher ranked teams than FSU.
Week one but It happened ON FIELD. Thats why Cfb is awesome , every game on field matters.

Week one but It happened ON FIELD. Thats why Cfb is awesome , every game on field matters.
It's just a unique situation that ironically has happened in the last year of the 4 team playoffs.

There are too many variables in the selection process. Moving forward, I'd like to see the 4 power conference champions get an automatic bid and host. The other 8 can be selected.

Advertisement
Love that FSU doesn‘t get in. I hope they fight their way out of the ACC now and leave a bunch of money for the rest of the conference to split up.
T

Love that FSU doesn‘t get in. I hope they fight their way out of the ACC now and leave a bunch of money for the rest of the conference to split up.
T

FSU leaving is not a benefit to the rest of the ACC, it’s the nail in the coffin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back