CFB Colorado vs Colorado State

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a helluva game and one of thy craziest cfb storylines in recent memory. Props to Prime and Colorado. You don't have to be a Buffs fan to appreciate a good story and the way he's turned things around in Boulder. Much respect to the man. Folks are mad and hating because they hate a confident, outspoken black man who is disrupring the good ole boy system in cfb. If you're offended by my last statement then it applies to you.

Black or pink has nothing to do with it... he is a showboating Nole... full of bs.
If he had an ounce of integrity, he wouldn't have bailed out on JSU shredding their roster, one year after he touted "helping black colleges win" bs.

Advertisement
I think what he did to the existing players at Colorado was sad. He pushed many of the 78 who left out. Cut them.

Now of course lesser versions of this happen when a new coach comes in, but due to the 25 man offer limit no one has been able to dump an entire team prior to the 2021-2023 window. Until now.

I also think that his entire gimmick is similar to Saban’s. At JSU it was to quickly amass an overwhelming base of talent. At Colorado he took advantage of the No scholarship limit and made it a flashy tend to transfer there. Then he beat a depleted TCU and two lesser teams. Over the next two weeks he’ll face teams with superior levels of talent for the first time, and the gimmick will be exposed.

I snicker when Alabama fans supposedly want Deion as their next head coach. Even if Deion were to join, what could he bring to recruiting and talent levels that Saban had not already accomplished?

Like Deion or not, his job is to promote the school and team he's a coach of. I find it crazy that we have a 49 page thread on it, nevermind all the media attention. Still, it appears whatever he's doing is working. At least for now and that win / loss record is already at or beyond what most here said was the max. I don't have a dog in this fight, it's just interesting to see. He succeeds there, great. If he doesn't, it won't bother me one bit either.

Advertisement
I think what he did to the existing players at Colorado was sad. He pushed many of the 78 who left out. Cut them.

Now of course lesser versions of this happen when a new coach comes in, but due to the 25 man offer limit no one has been able to dump an entire team prior to the 2021-2023 window. Until now.

I also think that his entire gimmick is similar to Saban’s. At JSU it was to quickly amass an overwhelming base of talent. At Colorado he took advantage of the No scholarship limit and made it a flashy tend to transfer there. Then he beat a depleted TCU and two lesser teams. Over the next two weeks he’ll face teams with superior levels of talent for the first time, and the gimmick will be exposed.

I snicker when Alabama fans supposedly want Deion as their next head coach. Even if Deion were to join, what could he bring to recruiting and talent levels that Saban had not already accomplished?

Why is it sad? This board is littered with posts asking for whatever player to move on. Gotta clean up the locker room, get rid of the country club vibes, kill the cancer, find guys to buy in, etc. The numbers don't matter and we've had a **** load leave since Mario came on board. Those were all largely celebrated here while the replacements were celebrated as well. Welcome to the new age of college football.

Depleted or not, that TCU victory was something nobody saw coming. Yes, depleted team, but still unexpected. I don't think many, if any at all, predicted 3 wins for CU on the season let alone by game 3.

I find the Saban inclusion odd. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath. Are there actually Bama fans that want him as their next coach? I'd bet that's a very limited number of their fans at best. They can get literally anyone when Saban retires. He wouldn't even be in their top 25 at this point. As to what he could bring to recruiting when Saban retires, nothing more than what Saban has done. Could anyone really? Their recruiting has been off the charts.

All due respect sir, are you really telling a board full of Miami fans that they don't like Confident Outspoken black men. Fans that supported a team that acted more brash and bold than Colorado, A TEAM that literally brought the word swagger to modern lexicon. That **** could fly in an Bama or UGA board but bra this is a dumb take. Deion winning hurts UM directly because we are competing against him for recruits. IF you are a Miami fan the last thing you want is another program coming down here and taking our ballers. I don't give a **** if Deion was Yellow him winning directly affects us as a program so **** Deion, Colorado, the Migos, Cam'ron, Raekwon and anybody else riding CU nuts. Go Canes Baby!
Young man this is good for college football. Sorry to tell you. To the other guy. It's not all about blk n white all the time . It's about norms n abnormal Prime is abnormal as the come . Most hate n abnormal out spoken person . As far as recruits sure he'll get his share' but Miami will win most of the battles. One man went to a state n revived a football team. That's good for college football especially the state of Colorado. This **** is a marketing machine. You can't deny that. So yes they going to ride prime nuts all the way to the bank. Especially Fox sports n ESPN. If you look at what's he's bringing the game. Look no farther then the ratings. Colorado merchandise sells ticket sells n the local economy. No coach as far as remember. Has never done anything like this. Some people's do hate that. Most of prime haters , hate him for no reason. Cause he's doing stuff that's unconventional. Not the traditional way things are normally done. Is he's outspoken? Yes he is. But prime has always been outspoken. He's just on a national stage now. Have they played anyone yet? Nope. At the same time who has OU played? As a fan of prime fan . I love it. At the same time. I bleed orange n green. If your a true fan of college football. Your understand what's he's doing n his value to the game. College football needs to be shaking up. That's exactly what prime is doing. Now do some of these good old boys hate it? **** yes. But who are they? Most will STFU n wish for his downfall. Some will love it. Especially the younger coaches Them folks n Colorado don't give a F@ck The University the local economy the state.... They banking. So who tf are we. Let's sit back n enjoy the ride. Love him or hate him. The guy is a marketing machine. That's what college football is people's. Entertainment

Advertisement
Why is it sad? This board is littered with posts asking for whatever player to move on. Gotta clean up the locker room, get rid of the country club vibes, kill the cancer, find guys to buy in, etc. The numbers don't matter and we've had a **** load leave since Mario came on board. Those were all largely celebrated here while the replacements were celebrated as well. Welcome to the new age of college football.

Depleted or not, that TCU victory was something nobody saw coming. Yes, depleted team, but still unexpected. I don't think many, if any at all, predicted 3 wins for CU on the season let alone by game 3.

I find the Saban inclusion odd. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath. Are there actually Bama fans that want him as their next coach? I'd bet that's a very limited number of their fans at best. They can get literally anyone when Saban retires. He wouldn't even be in their top 25 at this point. As to what he could bring to recruiting when Saban retires, nothing more than what Saban has done. Could anyone really? Their recruiting has been off the charts.

So Deion won’t be better than Saban? Good. Because if he is, Alabama will be right back to dynasty mode…on steroids, because Deion actually seems like fun

Deion drives people to madness on this board.

Last edited:
Young man this is good for college football. Sorry to tell you. To the other guy. It's not all about blk n white all the time . It's about norms n abnormal Prime is abnormal as the come . Most hate n abnormal out spoken person . As far as recruits sure he'll get his share' but Miami will win most of the battles. One man went to a state n revived a football team. That's good for college football especially the state of Colorado. This **** is a marketing machine. You can't deny that. So yes they going to ride prime nuts all the way to the bank. Especially Fox sports n ESPN. If you look at what's he's bringing the game. Look no farther then the ratings. Colorado merchandise sells ticket sells n the local economy. No coach as far as remember. Has never done anything like this. Some people's do hate that. Most of prime haters , hate him for no reason. Cause he's doing stuff that's unconventional. Not the traditional way things are normally done. Is he's outspoken? Yes he is. But prime has always been outspoken. He's just on a national stage now. Have they played anyone yet? Nope. At the same time who has OU played? As a fan of prime fan . I love it. At the same time. I bleed orange n green. If your a true fan of college football. Your understand what's he's doing n his value to the game. College football needs to be shaking up. That's exactly what prime is doing. Now do some of these good old boys hate it? **** yes. But who are they? Most will STFU n wish for his downfall. Some will love it. Especially the younger coaches Them folks n Colorado don't give a F@ck The University the local economy the state.... They banking. So who tf are we. Let's sit back n enjoy the ride. Love him or hate him. The guy is a marketing machine. That's what college football is people's. Entertainment
Funny that peeps are sitting here on a Miami board hating on him for his unconventional approach to college football. Hello!

Advertisement
This was a helluva game and one of thy craziest cfb storylines in recent memory. Props to Prime and Colorado. You don't have to be a Buffs fan to appreciate a good story and the way he's turned things around in Boulder. Much respect to the man. Folks are mad and hating because they hate a confident, outspoken black man who is disrupring the good ole boy system in cfb. If you're offended by my last statement then it applies to you.
People will certainly acknowledge that Deion has done a great job so far because he has, but the media is the real issue. They're so incredibly over the top that people get annoyed with the insane amount of coverage, and cheesy coverage at that.

So you don't seem to understand what people even have a problem with. And honestly, there are plenty of reasons to not like Deion personally as well if that is their issue (and no, not because he's black). He went to FSU, he used JSU (debateable), and he unnecessarily humiliated a ton of kids (like Pope) both at JSU and Colorado for no reason for personal gain (not debatable). This last reason is why most dont like him, he's very clearly a self serving ******* and he completely **** on kids for the whole world to see for personal gain.

So maybe try to understand the issue before claiming a bunch of fans of Miami....the epitomy of black culture in football btw, racists.

Exactly. Let’s take the Florida fans who want Deion…is he going to recruit at an Alabama / Georgia level? Is he going to use the transfer portal to raid other teams of their 4 and 5 star talent? Because that is what it would take to replicate the conditions he enjoyed at JSU and at Colorado in two of its first three games…talent superiority.

I don’t like seeing our players get slammed and trashed. And I expect some culture issues when a new coach comes aboard. And attrition. Mario has seen around 60 players from the 2021 leave over two cycles. Deion beat that significantly in eight months. Most players didn’t have a choice, he binned nearly the entire team. I’m not certain how I would have felt if Mario had cut 78 of Manny’s players by the summer of 2022. Because maybe your can replace some players who don’t fit your vision or your required talent level, but you also threw out players like Kitchens, TVD, Cheney, Williams, and LT. Just because you could.

I also don’t like making public spectacles of cutting players. If you want to do it in front of your whole team to set an example - that’s appropriate. Doing it in front of the entire world - that’s cruel.

Advertisement
Prime effect, you go low, we go to the bank.

Deion Sanders' sunglasses line with Blenders Eyewear made $1.2M in sales yesterday
🤯

Prime was recently called out by Colorado St HC Jay Norvell for wearing shades to his interviews

1694957133822.png

“Fans” are hilarious to me. If Mario was doing the exact same thing as Deion and getting UM the attention Colorado is getting.. no way would some of y’all be reacting this way.

This man gets talked about on here so much, but in the same thread you see many saying how they're tired of him and the hype.. welp.. a lot of y’all are contributing to it.

Tbh.. I have to problem with what he and his players are doing.. it’s basically the NIL/Social media version of our Canes back in the day.. I think it’s hypocritical for Canes fans to be mad at it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Plus.. I’m a Cane fan.. why the F would I spend a lot of energy on what they doing at Colorado?

“Fans” are hilarious to me. If Mario was doing the exact same thing as Deion and getting UM the attention Colorado is getting.. no way would some of y’all would be reacting this way.

This man gets talked about on here so much, but in the same thread you see many saying how they're tired of him and the hype.. welp.. a lot of y’all are contributing to it.

Tbh.. I have to problem with what he and his players are doing.. it’s basically the NIL/Social media version of our Canes back in the day.. I think it’s hypocritical for Canes fans to be mad at it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Plus.. I’m a Cane fan.. why the F would I spend a lot of energy on what they doing at Colorado?
There is a 50 page thread about Colorado/Colorado St on a Miami message board and people still question whether Deion's plan is working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back