Collins Suspended. Arky Fans Remain Delusional Weirdos.

Kid is a pot head. Always struck me as a pothead. Looked high in many pics and interviews, and even his twitter was "Buddah".

You strike me as a coke head. Maybe it's the scar face quote under your avatar. Maybe it's your scar face avatar. Maybe it the fact you are always yelling at everyone on the board in Caps.

Advertisement
That's why congress is starting to put it on the ballot but not why a majority of people are voting for it.

People are sick of being lied to and a large percentage of the pop already use it and are sick of having to risk it by doing so.

The law makes no sense as there is no real logical argument that holds any water in today's society against it being illegal.

If you can drink legally then you should be able to smoke legally, done deal. Any argument against it is full of crap and being pushed by people whose agenda is to legislate their own twisted version of morality.

If it is weed related, I am shocked a college kid would be smoking weed.

Should be legal and most the country is starting to realize this.

Most of the country is smelling a tax revenue opportunity. Don't get it twisted.

If he chose to come to the U he could have had a whole cookie cake to himself! I bet he wishes he would have thought his decision thru a little more now.

21 played football in high school but not BBall I chose to just go to FIU instead of playing D-2 football so now I just play ball recreationally, for me when I'm high my shot feels a lot softer coming off my hand but I just felt like I was lacking intensity if I played football blazed.

While I do agree with this, that doesn't mean that doing so is a good choice for an athlete. These guys need maximum lung function, concentration, and cognitive performance to be at their best. If I'm giving a kid a full ride to be at his best, both on the field and in the classroom, I don't want him making choices that inhibit those things. JMO.

Marijuana doesn't reduce lung capacity.

Advertisement

While I do agree with this, that doesn't mean that doing so is a good choice for an athlete. These guys need maximum lung function, concentration, and cognitive performance to be at their best. If I'm giving a kid a full ride to be at his best, both on the field and in the classroom, I don't want him making choices that inhibit those things. JMO.

90% + of skill position players in the NFL say "hi"

And 99% of players in the NBA...:cigar:

I didn't say anything about capacity.

ark fans were retweeting "you can take the thug out of miami but you can't take the miami out of the thug." lol how quick they change.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only if you smoke it.

If you don't believe that then please go do some research from some unbiased medical sites. There are plenty of studies around it.

In fact you have more of chance to develop respiratory and heart disease by smoking weed than you do from cigarettes because its unfiltered.

Your lungs are not made for smoke and it causes health problems no matter how many BS facts you post here. Do you own research and look inside a bong. You cant trust some weed site for facts because they likely just forgot about them. The truth is that weed is not as damaging as alcohol or not as addictive as alcohol or cigarettes but to come on here and flat out lie like its not unhealthy at all is just dumb and does the legalize argument no justice. Please get your facts straight so you can sound intelligent if anyone actually asks your opinion. The argument is not that its healthy, you will lose that one every time. The argument is that is not as bad as things that are already legal and it will bring in tons of revenue that's already going to dealers today.

And if you have ever smoked for years and then quit for a year you would notice your capacity increases almost daily.

Please dude come on.

Only if you smoke it.

If you don't believe that then please go do some research from some unbiased medical sites. There are plenty of studies around it.

In fact you have more of chance to develop respiratory and heart disease by smoking weed than you do from cigarettes because its unfiltered.

Your lungs are not made for smoke and it causes health problems no matter how many BS facts you post here. Do you own research and look inside a bong. You cant trust some weed site for facts because they likely just forgot about them. The truth is that weed is not as damaging as alcohol or not as addictive as alcohol or cigarettes but to come on here and flat out lie like its not unhealthy at all is just dumb and does the legalize argument no justice. Please get your facts straight so you can sound intelligent if anyone actually asks your opinion. The argument is not that its healthy, you will lose that one every time. The argument is that is not as bad as things that are already legal and it will bring in tons of revenue that's already going to dealers today.

And if you have ever smoked for years and then quit for a year you would notice your capacity increases almost daily.

Please dude come on.

This is incorrect, there are no long term health impacts linked to smoking marijuana that has not been chemically contaminated. There is a small decrease in lung function for heavy smokers that is almost immediately recovered if they quit. Whatever horse**** you have been reading is right wing propaganda meant to fuel the perpetual imprisonment of minor drug offenders so they can fuel the drug war and prison systems.

Only if you smoke it.

Please dude come on.

Marijuana smoke had zero effect on my lungs. As far as cardio and lung capacity I was easily in the best shape of my life at 19-20 I would roll during open mat sessions at my old Jiu-Jitsu for the full 30-45 minute straight. I could run 5 miles. I could free dive 30+ feet and stay down for close to 2 minutes. I also smoked about and ounce a week. It was the Dania way. I noticed a decrease in my lung capacity when I stopped working out. I don't think it had anything to do with me smoking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1828794 said:
This is incorrect, there are no long term health impacts linked to smoking marijuana that has not been chemically contaminated. There is a small decrease in lung function for heavy smokers that is almost immediately recovered if they quit. Whatever horse**** you have been reading is right wing propaganda meant to fuel the perpetual imprisonment of minor drug offenders so they can fuel the drug war and prison systems.

Well, we don't actually know what is correct at this point. There are a lot of studies about the long-term effects of marijuana use, but the results are generally inconclusive because it's virtually impossible to isolate marijuana as the only factor (you can't find a statistically significant pool of subjects that have identical lifestyles, socio-economic background, genetic predisposition, etc.). That said, on the issue of lung capacity, several studies show that lung capacity actually increases due to hyperinflation (cause unknown), but that should not be confused with improved lung function. Airway restriction due to mucus is a known short-term effect, which decreases lung function, as are long- and short-term effects on memory and cognitive ability. Those effects really aren't any worse than known effects of many legal substances, but they certainly aren't conducive to maximum athletic or academic performance. The issue of the current legal status is also a problem, since getting busted reflects badly on the program and, make no mistake, affects an athlete's marketability to sponsors and professional leagues. The universities and football programs are investing a lot in these kids, who are also bringing in a lot of revenue for the universities...so, there should be motivation on both sides to deal with this issue. To be clear, I do agree that it should be legalized.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back