Collins Acheampong???

Advertisement
Why? He could easily end up a starter here

Fair question, but hasn't played thus far. IMO, playing >* ... when you're still underdeveloped and play at the high P5, its tough to put you on the field...look at what happened with FSU yesterday against Georgia. But when the competition is lowered, there is no reason a guy like a healthy Acheampong can't play for like...Charlotte in year one and be more ready to compete immediately at the P5 level. Instead this just ends up being kind of an overall beat year for the player (I know there was some health issues here, but I'm talking holistically).

I'm thinking more of an Antione Jackson type scenario, where they enroll at a G5 as a true freshman (even think of it similar to when Deion was getting good players to Jackson State) and get real playing time, ball out, and then level up to the P5, NIL money for them increases in most cases, and they are in line with real playing time at the major college level immediately (especially if they EE or something like that).

With that said, go back and re-read my original post...it was in response to a pretty bad question that failed to read the post it was responding to.

And still more physically ready to see the field. Maybe that's the reason for the departure.
Maybe but I still see it as a loss. This kid was highly thought of by the staff when we signed him. To cut bait after he was a couple of months on campus isn’t ideal. We will be fine and it’s not a huge loss but I’m not dismissing it as being over recruited.

Advertisement
1704070169425.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back