Collins Acheampong???

Advertisement
Yes. Miami is over the 85 limit and needs even more transfers to win next year. Mario has to win
I think I saw that they were at 95 as of a few days ago and the only change that I believe that happened since that was Brashard Smith entering the portal. So they have to trim ~9 guys not counting any additional portal signings.

Last edited:
I am just not sure it is realistic that you keep a lot of these guys moving forward and in-time, I would assume a guy like Collins Acheampong - even though he is a 4-star prospect - is more of a G5 type start, get playing time and reps, then if you show out, you move up to the next level as a transfer.

The projects that are 3-4 years out and need a lot of work are already becoming a thing of the past. Tough keeping guys around unless they just ******* love the university they are at and its about more than football for them. And even then, once they get that degree and can call themselves a (blank) for life...they are free to roam...the Sam Hartman so-to-speak.

Are scholarships are at such a premium that we’re forcing out guys who have only been here one year? I mean, there’s plenty of proven JAGs that should see the door too then. Especially on the offensive line.
We're currently at 91 spots rn. Need to lose about 10-13 more guys to add the portal guys we want to add so yes spots are extremly limited not just limited

Advertisement
We're currently at 91 spots rn. Need to lose about 10-13 more guys to add the portal guys we want to add so yes spots are extremly limited not just limited
There better be some 4th, 5th and 6th year backups being asked to complete their masters program at another school. This team had a lot of veteran jags.

Not mad at losing projects. I'm sure the potential is there but we need contributers NOW
85 guys don't contribute at the same time. If you have a guy with high end traits that needs time, you groom that guy. You boot the kids 3-4 years in the program who've contributed little or the questionable takes that probably shouldn't have been recruited to begin with. I'm curious was the insiders hear on this one bc it seems odd to give up on a highly ranked kid with his length at a high value position after a single redshirt year.

Advertisement
There better be some 4th, 5th and 6th year backups being asked to complete their masters program at another school. This team had a lot of veteran jags.

There will be. Logan, Gore, Redding. Not sure if Denis is still on the roster. Many more still to leave the program. A few WR, maybe a Jaccuri, a DT or two. Maybe one of the younger LB. Balom at safety

85 guys don't contribute at the same time. If you have a guy with high end traits that needs time, you groom that guy. You boot the kids 3-4 years in the program who've contributed little or the questionable takes that probably shouldn't have been recruited to begin with. I'm curious was the insiders hear on this one bc it seems odd to give up on a highly ranked kid with his length at a high value position after a single redshirt year.
Like some one already mentioned, probably just can't stay healthy or his injury is way worse than what has been reported

I am just not sure it is realistic that you keep a lot of these guys moving forward and in-time, I would assume a guy like Collins Acheampong - even though he is a 4-star prospect - is more of a G5 type start, get playing time and reps, then if you show out, you move up to the next level as a transfer.

The projects that are 3-4 years out and need a lot of work are already becoming a thing of the past. Tough keeping guys around unless they just ******* love the university they are at and its about more than football for them. And even then, once they get that degree and can call themselves a (blank) for life...they are free to roam...the Sam Hartman so-to-speak.
A G5 type....

I see

Advertisement
A G5 type....

I see
I mean, he was already behind G5 and low P5 upperclassmen on this roster. So...idk...probably.

But what I meant was, there will be a shift in these types of prospects because there seem to be a flood of guys like this that are one and done. We have often tried to recruit them on the flipside and they are transferring down to lower P5 type schools like Michigan State, Auburn or Arkansas. I'm just saying that perhaps the next step for these types of recruits is to do similarly what Antione Jackson is trying to do. Take a one year at a G5...start and show out...move up to a destination ready to contribute immediately.

Last edited:
Hot Dog Face GIF
I was talking about htown lol.

Advertisement
I mean, he was already behind G5 and low P5 upperclassmen on this roster. So...idk...probably.

But what I meant was, there will be a shift in these types of prospects because there seem to be a flood of guys like this that are one and done. We have often tried to recruit them on the flipside and they are transferring down to lower P5 type schools like Michigan State, Auburn or Arkansas. I'm just saying that perhaps the next step for these types of recruits is to do similarly what Antione Jackson is trying to do. Take a one year at a G5...start and show out...move up to a destination ready to contribute immediately.
So is Kinsler G5? Is Bobby Washington G5? Is Kaleb Spencer G5? Is Horton G5? Or does that only apply to the guys that transfer?

Collins, as I understand it, is a long DE prospect who could grow into a DT. Kid had no chance of gaining a spot in the DE rotation (the Marshall kid's probly comin' too), and is probably a couple of years at best away from growing into a DT (where we just brought in a haul). So it wasn't looking good for his foreseeable future is what I'm guessing. And you could even say he was recruited over, in spite of being a 4 star. From his own class Bain and Wayne are farther along. Then add Blount and Lightfoot at DE...

Advertisement
Back