College Football Opt out should start happening soon

Advertisement
For sure. Just make sure you explain how selfish Greg is to all of his family members after he changes their lives and get back to me.
It makes no difference to me so your explanation is a nonfactor. Im sure his family will be ok...

The only player in the UM locker room who should consider opting out is Navaughn 14 cheesburgers Donaldson. Dude is the epitome of obesity and we all know those underlying conditions are the only thing that puts young people in danger.

The only player in the UM locker room who should consider opting out is Navaughn 14 cheesburgers Donaldson. Dude is the epitome of obesity and we all know those underlying conditions are the only thing that puts young people in danger.
Truth...

Advertisement
I see both sides to this. In Rousseau’s case you question whether there is enough film from 3/4 of a season to warrant an opt out and also what is the NFL going think about those that choose to opt out? That’s different than forgoing Sr year. That in itself could severely hurt draft stock if a guy doesn’t want to play. Could also be a red flag for underlying health issues.
I would think only a few projected 1st rounders would opt out and I doubt not playing will hurt their draft stock that much in most cases imo. The NFL puts talent above almost everything else and it’s not like this is something that comes around every couple years or it’s a character issue. Other players opting out may have legitimate concerns (I’m sure that triggers some people) or they may have underlying health issues as you mentioned. That is a very tiny percentage of players opting out. Personally, I don’t see guys that need thIs season to get drafted choosing to sit out. I think Greg is a great player but I’m not in the camp that last year alone makes him an automatic 1st rounder, so I think he plays.

Advertisement
Many players from many different programs will. I expect the projected first rounders to opt out- players from Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, etc.
Y’all are out of your mind if y’all don’t think Trevor Lawrence isn’t considering this.. why does he need to play anymore? Fields is a QB so based on the premium of his position he wouldn’t even need to play anymore.. the list goes on and these kids hate college football and you’re giving them a way out early

Disagree. For players who are already among the more highly regarded in this draft class, there are several reasons to NOT play -- serious injury is always possible, and you could drop in scouts' estimation just as easily as move up The virus basically gives players an acceptable rationale for not playing. No one is going to call a player a malingerer, or question competitiveness, in this climate.
College football players, especially the really good ones, don't think like scared fans. They come from a position of power and strength and bubbling testosterone, not "oh no I might get injured or catch COVID and have the sniffles for a few days." Some fat dude with diabeetus hiding in his mom's basement thinks of this stuff differently than a 20 year old big time athlete in his prime.

Y’all are out of your mind if y’all don’t think Trevor Lawrence isn’t considering this.. why does he need to play anymore? Fields is a QB so based on the premium of his position he wouldn’t even need to play anymore.. the list goes on and these kids hate college football and you’re giving them a way out early
Exactly. There is literally nothing to play for in 2020. You don’t risk millions to play a shortened, on again/off again season. That’s what’s going to happen (at best). MLB already suspended games.

Advertisement
Prove that last sentence. I can easily say they live for the camaraderie and want to win one more for the team. Complete speculation....

Advertisement
If so many guys want to opt out, then why would anyone ever bother staying after 2 seasons? You don't need COVID to opt out. You can opt out whenever you want. Just play 2 seasons then put yourself on ice. They could have done that before COVID.

LSU had at least 3 guys go in the first round in 2020 that wouldn't have been drafted before the 5th round had they opted out last year. You guys have been warped by the awful decisions our players at UM typically make leaving early.

Advertisement
Back