College Football Opt out should start happening soon

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Screenshot_20200729-145825_Twitter.jpg

Gregory Rousseau is the only one I would worry about unless there are player's with underlining Health issues. Rousseau has already cemented himself as a 1st Round pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I see both sides to this. In Rousseau’s case you question whether there is enough film from 3/4 of a season to warrant an opt out and also what is the NFL going think about those that choose to opt out? That’s different than forgoing Sr year. That in itself could severely hurt draft stock if a guy doesn’t want to play. Could also be a red flag for underlying health issues.

Scholarships are honored if you "opt out?" I wouldn't expect guys like Saban to allow many of his players to "opt out"

Advertisement
Would be a bad move on Rosseau's part IMO. He may need another season of production to solidify being a top 5. If he sits out, he might end up in the mid to late 1st. Thats a lot of money to miss out on. Hopefully Lawrence sits out and Dabo blows a fuse

Would be a bad move on Rosseau's part IMO. He may need another season of production to solidify being a top 5. If he sits out, he might end up in the mid to late 1st. Thats a lot of money to miss out on. Hopefully Lawrence sits out and Dabo blows a fuse
Yeah good point but he might just be satisfied with being a 1st Rounder. He's likely going to have a big combine as well to help out.

COVID, while a disease we as a country and individuals should take very seriously and is dangerous, is not particularly dangerous to college aged athletes in general, assuming they do not have any underlying conditions or are living with at-risk people. I’d be a bit surprised if there was a lot of opt outs, especially when compared to the NFL. Unless of course they planned on regularly visiting and seeing older family or friends, then I could understand an opt out. I’d be more worried about coaches in general, especially considering some of them aren’t in best health themselves.

Advertisement
if the draft were to start today as it stands
1.Trevor “Sunshine” Lawrence, QB- Clemson
2.Penei Sewell, OT-Oregon
3. Justin Fields, Q- OSU
Greg could go anywhere between as high as 4th and as low as 11th overall.. If the draft were to start today. Now if he has another Season of 15+ sacks, which is doable. He’ll shoot up as high as #2 And no lower than 4th overall. If this tweet holds any merit than it wouldn’t be wise in Greg to sit out and potentially miss his chance at being drafted #2. He won’t be drafted #1 overall because of Lawrence assuming that Sunshine isnt injured. And even then.

if the draft were to start today as it stands
1.Trevor “Sunshine” Lawrence, QB- Clemson
2.Penei Sewell, OT-Oregon
3. Justin Fields, Q- OSU
Greg could go anywhere between as high as 4th and as low as 11th overall.. If the draft were to start today. Now if he has another Season of 15+ sacks, which is doable. He’ll shoot up as high as #2 And no lower than 4th overall. If this tweet holds any merit than it wouldn’t be wise in Greg to sit out and potentially miss his chance at being drafted #2. He won’t be drafted #1 overall because of Lawrence assuming that Sunshine isnt injured. And even then.
I don't think anyone is surpassing Sewell unless it's a QB. Sewell Is a once in every 5 year's or so LT. He's a future Multiple All Pro OT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back