College football attendance declines for a 7th straight year.

JD08

Ready for Ska's fourth wave
Maude
Advertisement
"We really are competing against the 70-inch TV and the beer that is cold in your refrigerator and no lines at the restroom," Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said.

Between that and the in-depth coaching in the CIS game thread, you’re really just getting sunburn by going to the games…

(Get your asses to the stadium if you can make it)

Between that and the in-depth coaching in the CIS game thread, you’re really just getting sunburn by going to the games…

(Get your asses to the stadium if you can make it)
The game threads have been very bipolar. We either suck balls or are putting a scare in Bama. It will be interesting to see is that keeps up.

There are people who rarely post anywhere but gameday threads.

Whenever the Canes play Maryland, I'll be right there!!!!

Plus, if I vacation to Miami, the wife usually wants to do that in the summer...but if I ever do in the fall, I'll definitely come to a game.
I try to get to Lane or Charlottesville to see us play the Hokies or Whahoos

Advertisement
I know the SEC schools and specific Florida is looking at potentially reducing the seating capacity. Looking at pod concepts. Florida Field is truly a dump right now. Their new football facility is pretty **** impressive.

The couch. “Best seat in the house”. Seriously, there are so many extrinsic factors that play a role in this result? Economics, social decline, the effeminacy of young men in today’s society, etc.. It is what it is?🤷🏾‍♂️

Season tickets sales for the U are through the roof according to some news outlets, however, this may have nothing to do with game attendance.

Advertisement
I have all the amenities at home, and I rate Miami home games as better. I have everything I need at Hard Rock and more.

Try it. If you can afford the Club level, even better.
Yes, I know we don't have our own stadium, but there are a lot of amenities at Hard Rock that are first rate. If and when we do build a new stadium there are concepts we should consider, too.

The couch. “Best seat in the house”. Seriously, there are so many extrinsic factors that play a role in this result? Economics, social decline, the effeminacy of young men in today’s society, etc.. It is what it is?🤷🏾‍♂️
Shift in demographics is playing a significant role here, too. For these Power 5 state schools, this is about alums not about study body. For instance, Florida used to do a homecoming show called Gator Growl. It would draw 65K the Friday night of Homecoming. They shifted away and now do it in their gym and barely fill that. Even Miami's homecoming concert should be more about the alums and Watsco should be filled to capacity. I think that is Thursday night. The goal should getting the alums on campus as much as possible. That is really the beauty of an on campus stadium or having our own at Tropical Park. Alums donate or should. You need the alums connected to the university.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I have all the amenities at home, and I rate Miami home games as better. I have everything I need at Hard Rock and more.

Try it. If you can afford the Club level, even better.

I think price is now a big thing as well. My pops used to take me to a ton of games. Tickets were cheap, it was a nice afternoon out.

Now? just to see a college football game with a father/son you are paying hundreds of dollars and is an all day event.

This country is not full of people whose primary identity is sports fandom. Sports are a "fun family activity" or a "diversion." This isn't Argentina.

The more amenities outside the stadium (and they rise every day) and the greater the opportunity cost of going to a game (also increasing), makes competition for one's time, money, and energy difficult.

Is any of this attributable to the same 4-5 teams getting into the playoff and the same like 3 teams winning it every year? Cincy was the outlier this year but only about 8 teams have any chance of making it to begin with. The NCAA has turned a blind eye to Bama for so long they have all the talent.

Advertisement
Back