Coley to Kentucky?

Mark Stoops should be the Head Coach here instead. Deal?

That's what I have been saying. Those two were the 2 coordinators when FSU brought in the 2010 and 2011 classes- AKA the heart of last year's National Championship team.

Advertisement
Seriousl, are any of you guys really surprised to hear these rumors? Coley has been and always will be an opportunist. I'd be shocked if he didn't get out of here on his own as opposed to going down with the ship. I'd actually love for him to take a HC job at a smaller school and start honing his craft to one day come back and run UM.

What the **** have we done to deserve all of this. We get golden as head coach, we cant beat ******* pitt or uva, we request that everyone on the staff be fired except Coley, then ill be damned. coley is probably the only that is leaving.

This is about to get really bad. Golden is going to come back next year and we're going to have an awful recruiting class this yr and next so the following coach will have to start over. ...again

Advertisement
Seriousl, are any of you guys really surprised to hear these rumors? Coley has been and always will be an opportunist. I'd be shocked if he didn't get out of here on his own as opposed to going down with the ship. I'd actually love for him to take a HC job at a smaller school and start honing his craft to one day come back and run UM.

Its a double edged sword. Climbers always act like this, yet its climbers who become the great CEO's and football coaches, etc...

Golden stays and the only assistants he has left are his "temple 3" dorito, Franklin and williams. What a disaster of a season that would be

I know most didn't like Coley but I thought he had a lot of potential. He seemed to be the only coach on this staff to get better over the season. He struggled out of the gate but got much better as the season went on. I won't put the last two games on him. I think the gameplan wouldn't have worked regardless because the players clearly quit on Golden. He also is a big recruiter. Coley and Ice might have been the only coaches that I wouldn't mind sticking around. Fire the rest.

The offensive side of the ball is fine... Now the Defense... That's a different situation... the only person on the defense I feel we should keep is Hurley, everyone else needs to depart. Al needs to also hire a special teams coach...

Advertisement
Coley will flourish under a HC that is not so controlling and doesnt handcuff him. Coley could have did awesome things but Golden held him down with his safe and conservative ways. the ship is sinking fast.

An already bad recruiting class is going to go straight down the toilet

We are now going into a new 3 to 5 year rebuild next year under a new staff.

Not if we get a new staff here by December 15th. Not if Mark Stoops is watching our practices from his office in the Hecht. I venture to guess that we'd win 10 games with that staff…next year.

Advertisement
How can this be surprising? Top recruiters always are in demand with plenty of options. Coordinators move around. Coley is the logical age to aspire to a head coaching job in a few years. He apparently doesn't think he would get the nod here so he's looking for another resume nugget. Succeeding at a lesser SEC school would do it.

It's not true the offense was markedly worse than the defense in every category. Some aspects were actually very good, like yards per pass attempt (16th) and yards per play (9th). But when you are 104th in the nation in rushing attempts per game it coincides with lots of early down failed passes and therefore difficult third down situations, ones we did not convert with a true freshman quarterback.

As one of the articles noted, Coley hates dink and dunk. That's one thing I appreciate about him. Nothing regulates an offense like pretending that short passes are an acceptable substitute for running plays. It's all time ignorance. Granted, short passes are more of a weakness in pros than in college. Alex Smith has limited upside in the pros since he simply can't threaten a defense downfield. In college you can get away with it against weak foes but not as you move up the ladder. Smart offenses run frequently and take dagger shots downfield. That's why option teams were successful for so long, and would still be successful if elite programs ran that offense. I hope Nebraska wises up and returns to its roots.

Not if we get a new staff here by December 15th. Not if Mark Stoops is watching our practices from his office in the Hecht. I venture to guess that we'd win 10 games with that staff…next year.

Let's hope that's still a possibility. A new coach this year who is the right guy and we'll win the coastal next year. Keep Golden, and we'll be in a much worse position than w were in 2010. Much, much worse.

Advertisement
Coley will flourish under a HC that is not so controlling and doesnt handcuff him. Coley could have did awesome things but Golden held him down with his safe and conservative ways. the ship is sinking fast.

Not sure about that. Coley loves him some bubble screens. The one thing I like was late this year he stopped calling so many.

if miami is a top flight program kids aint leaving to go to kentucky. the reason it worked for strong is because we sucked.

So are you a big Mark Stoops fan even after his struggles this year at Kentucky? Personally he would be at the top of my list if we let fat *** go.

I know most didn't like Coley but I thought he had a lot of potential. He seemed to be the only coach on this staff to get better over the season. He struggled out of the gate but got much better as the season went on. I won't put the last two games on him. I think the gameplan wouldn't have worked regardless because the players clearly quit on Golden. He also is a big recruiter. Coley and Ice might have been the only coaches that I wouldn't mind sticking around. Fire the rest.

And he was the only coach that displayed any passion out there.

Advertisement
Back