Cody Brown in the Transfer Portal

Advertisement
If Parrish is healthy he’s playing. He’s a good receiver out of the backfield and he’s the best pass blocker in the RB room right now. Experience is it’s own best teacher and he has lot’s from his time at Ol ****.
He is the best blocker but it's pretty close between several of them. But he's also basic with the ball in his hands whether it's running or recieving. The best reciever out of them and it's not close is rooster and he'll be used heavily in that role. And yes he will play some. But the 3 I mentioned will get far more burn than anyone else. I'm talking about the 3 who will consistently see the field if healthy. It's not an opinion either.

He is the best blocker but it's pretty close between several of them. But he's also basic with the ball in his hands whether it's running or recieving. The best reciever out of them and it's not close is rooster and he'll be used heavily in that role. And yes he will play some. But the 3 I mentioned will get far more burn than anyone else. I'm talking about the 3 who will consistently see the field if healthy. It's not an opinion either.

Assuming everyone including Chaney is healthy - you think Citizen is going to get more burn than Parrish?

Knighton is an absolute weapon receiving and I get the excitement. But the reality is he simply hasn't been good running the ball.

Knighton averaged 3.9 ypc in 2021. That's the lowest for Miami's leading rusher in 25 years, and lowest since Javarris James 4.6 ypc in 2006.

Knighton needs to improve, and he definitely "can", but "will he" is still a question mark.

If he's similar to last year he shouldn't be our #1 RB. The #1 spot should be VERY open right now, and I think all 5 RB's have a realistic shot at becoming #1.
You're honestly doin that? To be smart enough to go into the stats breakdown and comparisons makes me give you some credit. So I'll be nice and simply say NONE of that is valid when you're discussing his stats with a god awful run blocking line. They were clueless previously and ur putting all of that on rooster. This isn't even a discussion of who he will be moving forward compared to then. It's simply NO RUNNING BACK could Excell with THAT in front of them. Rooster is by far the most explosive and the only reason he isn't the featured back is his size & versatility. You'd be wasting his talents to keep him pigeonholed into the sole role of lead back. Think what Pete Carroll did with Reggie bush & you'll see an ideal vision of what we wanna do with rooster. Chaney when healthy(a big if at this point) is the featured back. His health is the key to how the rest of the room gets burn.

Citizen really the goods?

Advertisement
Citizen isn't even on campus and yet he's ahead of two talented guys. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Citizen isn't even on campus and yet he's ahead of two talented guys. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Bruh... You feel free to go with what you believe. You're not telling me anything new. My two cents id agree with citizen we should let him earn his way into that role. But right now that's what's expected out of him. Only way I see that changing is if he somehow struggles with blocking concepts. He is the second he steps foot on campus the best blocking back we have from everything we've seen and it's not close. You have an issue than go on Saturday and scream like a loonie at gattis.

You're honestly doin that? To be smart enough to go into the stats breakdown and comparisons makes me give you some credit. So I'll be nice and simply say NONE of that is valid when you're discussing his stats with a god awful run blocking line. They were clueless previously and ur putting all of that on rooster. This isn't even a discussion of who he will be moving forward compared to then. It's simply NO RUNNING BACK could Excell with THAT in front of them. Rooster is by far the most explosive and the only reason he isn't the featured back is his size & versatility. You'd be wasting his talents to keep him pigeonholed into the sole role of lead back. Think what Pete Carroll did with Reggie bush & you'll see an ideal vision of what we wanna do with rooster. Chaney when healthy(a big if at this point) is the featured back. His health is the key to how the rest of the room gets burn.

It isn't all on Knighton, but a majority of it is on Knighton. OL is part of the problem, but his running style/decision making is a larger part of the problem.

Cam, Chaney, Thad - each put up better rushing stats than Knighton behind the same OL. The reason isn't the OL. They've simply been better at running.

I broke down with screenshots what Knighton needs to work on completely separate from OL play a couple weeks ago in this thread:

Kevin Smith: Elite Feet and Elite Eyes

Advertisement
It isn't all on Knighton, but a majority of it is on Knighton. OL is part of the problem, but his running style/decision making is a larger part of the problem.

Cam, Chaney, Thad - each put up better rushing stats than Knighton behind the same OL. The reason isn't the OL. They've simply been better at running.

I broke down with screenshots what Knighton needs to work on completely separate from OL play a couple weeks ago in this thread:

You know @Brooklyndee played for Miami, right?

@PIPO

@PIPO

I didn't know - and I'm not attacking him, or saying I know more, or trying to say Knighton sucks. Did you look at the thread?

I'm saying let's look at the bigger picture and ask these questions:

1) What are the odds the OL was the worst it's been in 25 years, to the point where Knighton averaged a half yard less than any other leading Miami rusher?
2) What are the odds that as a Sophomore, Knighton was the finished product and doesn't have anything in his game to improve on?
3) If in the last 2 years - Cam avgs 5.2 ypc, Chaney 4.6, Thad 7.5, Brown 4.1, Knighton 3.9 - what are the odds it's 100% on the OL that Knighton is the lowest?

The odds are pretty slim for each, right? That's the bigger picture.

For the details - I'd say keep an open mind, read the thread & screenshots, and see if you think what I'm pointing out about Knighton has some validity.

I didn't know - and I'm not attacking him, or saying I know more, or trying to say Knighton sucks. Did you look at the thread?

I'm saying let's look at the bigger picture and ask these questions:

1) What are the odds the OL was the worst it's been in 25 years, to the point where Knighton averaged a half yard less than any other leading Miami rusher?
2) What are the odds that as a Sophomore, Knighton was the finished product and doesn't have anything in his game to improve on?
3) If in the last 2 years - Cam avgs 5.2 ypc, Chaney 4.6, Thad 7.5, Brown 4.1, Knighton 3.9 - what are the odds it's 100% on the OL that Knighton is the lowest?

The odds are pretty slim for each, right? That's the bigger picture.

For the details - I'd say keep an open mind, read the thread & screenshots, and see if you think what I'm pointing out about Knighton has some validity.

If the most explosive RB (and 2nd most explosive player behind Brashard Smith) you have on your team is standing next to Gattis half the time on the sidelines this season..then someone isnt doing there job. I dont care what Kevin Smith's favorite saying is.

@PIPO
No showdown!!
Danny Devito No GIF by reactionseditor
Donald Trump Head Shake GIF by Election 2016

Advertisement
If the most explosive RB (and 2nd most explosive player behind Brashard Smith) you have on your team is standing next to Gattis half the time on the sidelines this season..then someone isnt doing there job. I dont care what Kevin Smith's favorite saying is.

Some RB's are great at running, but bad at receiving. Some RB's are great at receiving, but bad at running.

You need to look at the rushing & receiving separately.

Knighton should no question be our #1 receiving option. He's a weapon, he's created huge explosive plays in the passing game, and is our fastest player.

But Knighton needs to improve a lot as a runner. He's not been explosive in the run game at all. It's hard to believe - but he's been historically bad.

my 10 year old was just asking me yesterday, who I thought was going to be the best RB this upcoming season, and I legit couldn't answer.. big Chaney fan but everything on him revolves around health... I want them all to eat, so I'm hoping Gattis is earning his paycheck with working them all in. We just better not run the same RB 4plays in a row, with 2 of them inside the redzone like last year... PUT FRESH LEGS IN every chance we get!!!!!!

Advertisement
Knighton is an absolute weapon receiving and I get the excitement. But the reality is he simply hasn't been good running the ball.

Knighton averaged 3.9 ypc in 2021. That's the lowest for Miami's leading rusher in 25 years, and lowest since Javarris James 4.6 ypc in 2006.

Knighton needs to improve, and he definitely "can", but "will he" is still a question mark.

If he's similar to last year he shouldn't be our #1 RB. The #1 spot should be VERY open right now, and I think all 5 RB's have a realistic shot at becoming #1.
yeah lets blame him not lashlee
simon cowell facepalm GIF

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU
Thank U GIF

Cody saw the writing on the wall and Citizen isn’t even here yet. You already have an established lead back in Chaney when healthy with another established guy in Rooster as well as Citizen who will definitely be in the rotation which was probably a big reason why he came here. And you can’t forget about Parrish and Thad who were also probably ahead of him.

Cody saw the writing on the wall and Citizen isn’t even here yet. You already have an established lead back in Chaney when healthy with another established guy in Rooster as well as Citizen who will definitely be in the rotation which was probably a big reason why he came here. And you can’t forget about Parrish and Thad who were also probably ahead of him.
I wouldn’t count on Chaney. Unfortunately bad shoulders and RB’s go together like oil and water.

Advertisement
Back