Cody Brown in the Transfer Portal

Take out the Central Connecticut State and App State game and Cam Harris had 43 carries for 218 yards or 5.07y/c and 2 Tds (4.65 TD%). With all his games he had 71 attempts for 409 yards or 5.8 y/c and 5 tds (7.04 TD%). ... of course if we actually looked even deeper we'd probably see that like half Cam's yards came on like 4 of his runs...

Jaylan knighton in his 4-game run of UNC - NCSt - Pitt - GTech had 87 carries for 417 yards or 4.8y/c and 5 Tds (5.75 TD%). Fun fact: Those 4 games were the 4 games Knighton had the most carries. So clearly compared to Cam Harris' season after you take out the non-p5 Knighton was just straight up as good or better once you include TDs during this 4 game stretch. And this was with double the carries...

Now Idk if Knighton was hurt during his final 3 games (right after that 4 game stretch of him playing very well), but there was a very clear difference. He then had 43 carries for 100 yards or 2.3ypc and 3 Tds (6.8 TD%).

Thad Franklin had like half his yards in that Central Connecticut game as well. remove that game and he had 16 carries for 84 yards or 5.25y/c and 1 Td (6.5 TD%). Which is better averages than Cam harris, but like Cam played bama and MSU at least.... I mean 16 carries for 84 yards and a tD is like solid for 1 game - Knighton against UNC had 17 carries for 92 yards and 2 TDs (and another TD receiving), so if you just took that one game Knighton had a great year!... So yeah, comparing a guy with 145 carries to a guy with like 16 that matter, isn't a good idea...

No problem taking out Cam's Non P5 games.

But then you compare Cam's 4 P5 games and cherry pick Knighton's 4 BEST games and Knighton STILL averages .3 ypc less? You think that's fair?

For an example of explosiveness (or lack of):

- Knighton has 3 20+ yd carries in his 188 P5 carries the last 2 years (1.6%) . Cam had 3 20+ yd carries in his 43 P5 carries just last year (7.0%).
- Knighton has 1 30+ yd carries in his 188 P5 carries the last 2 years (0.5%). Cam had 6 30+ yd carries in his 152 P5 carries the last 2 years (3.9%).

Now add in Knighton's receiving AND spot him 10 yards. He's STILL not as explosive as Cam is just running the ball:

- Knighton has 8 20+ yd touches in his 219 P5 touches the last 2 years (3.6%) . Cam had 6 30+ yd carries in his 152 P5 carries the last 2 years (3.9%).

Wouldn't it make more sense to compare just the games where they got carries vs the same opponents? Let me know if you think this is unfair

1650030141395.png

Here's what those 5 Team Defenses ranked vs the Run last year:

UVA - 123
UNC - 98
GT - 100
VT - 91
Duke - 116

Against TERRIBLE Defenses - Knighton avg 4.0 while Cam/Thad avg 6.1. Do you not think that's a huge difference? How would you explain that?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everyone just take a moment, close your eyes and just think… what it would be like having Chaney healthy for the entire season.

Oh… I can feel it…

Now … go knock on wood, cross your fingers, break out the ouija board, whatever. Please God… make this happen

Don’t be surprised if Parrish gets #3 (or a little more) touches this season. He’s battle worn and game tested.

I think we can find some carries for a guy that averaged nearly 5 yards a carry last year versus SEC opponents, again that’s taking out everybody that’s not an SEC team, and includes teams like Alabama and Texas A&M and others.

Hope the guy does well elsewhere. Would excel in the Big 10. He came, competed and lost. Never going to fault someone for that.

Everyone just take a moment, close your eyes and just think… what it would be like having Chaney healthy for the entire season.

Oh… I can feel it…

Now … go knock on wood, cross your fingers, break out the ouija board, whatever. Please God… make this happen
You sir, are speaking my language. Multiple back sets with Rooster and Thad involved as well makes me feel Unholy on this Good Friday

Advertisement
No problem taking out Cam's Non P5 games.

But then you compare Cam's 4 P5 games and cherry pick Knighton's 4 BEST games and Knighton STILL averages .3 ypc less? You think that's fair?

For an example of explosiveness (or lack of):

- Knighton has 3 20+ yd carries in his 188 P5 carries the last 2 years (1.6%) . Cam had 3 20+ yd carries in his 43 P5 carries just last year (7.0%).
- Knighton has 1 30+ yd carries in his 188 P5 carries the last 2 years (0.5%). Cam had 6 30+ yd carries in his 152 P5 carries the last 2 years (3.9%).

Now add in Knighton's receiving AND spot him 10 yards. He's STILL not as explosive as Cam is just running the ball:

- Knighton has 8 20+ yd touches in his 219 P5 touches the last 2 years (3.6%) . Cam had 6 30+ yd carries in his 152 P5 carries the last 2 years (3.9%).

Wouldn't it make more sense to compare just the games where they got carries vs the same opponents? Let me know if you think this is unfair

View attachment 182085

Here's what those 5 Team Defenses ranked vs the Run last year:

UVA - 123
UNC - 98
GT - 100
VT - 91
Duke - 116

Against TERRIBLE Defenses - Knighton avg 4.0 while Cam/Thad avg 6.1. Do you not think that's a huge difference? How would you explain that?
The point -> *
You.

Cams non P5 games is a sample of 4 with 43 carries.

Knighton had double the Carries in the same number of games. Had a good average and more total touchdowns.

Now imagine if you will that Cam Harris played 4 more games? Or imagine if Rooster played against Central Connecticut St. and like I said I don’t think it is crazy to thing Rooster was hurt over those final 3 games.

Now with Thad it is just ******* stupid to say he was better because he had 16 Carrie’s against Non - Central Connecticut st. And guess what If you just want to take 16 snaps, Rooster had 17 against UNC, in which he averaged the same basically and had 2 more Tds!

Your entire point about explosiveness is a major mark against Cam Harris. You understand how averages work and that those handful of runs are outweighing the rest of his body of work right? If in a game he has 9 runs of 3 yards and then 1 run of 20Yds, well that’s an average of 4.7y/c yet you just possibly killed 3 drives, while that 20 yd run got you about 1/4 way towards a TD. You don’t want a guy to be explosive at the cost of sucking the rest of the time. That’s called inconsistent. So remove Cams 3 explosive runs and what do you have? A guy that over 40 Carries ran for at best 3.95 y/c - and that’s if those 20+yard runs were JUST 20 yards cause I don’t want to go look them up. The problem isn’t that he gets long runs more, the problem is that when he isn’t breaking a long runs he’s a complete drive killer.

Yeah I wasn't even gonna get into the breakdown of actual competition opposed to YMCA. To me that was even more of a case of why he really didn't think that argument through. We gotta be careful with these analytical breakdowns. Far too logical for on here.

You guys are funny - Anytime stats show up that don't support your position it "isn't apples to apples" or "doesn't have context". Then you cherry pick the stats that aren't apples to apples that help make your case and act like it's fine.

Since you guys are struggling - I'll help you make the case for Knighton, because AGAIN, I think Knighton has a ton of talent - he just still has a ways to go in the run game to put it all together.

To make the case for Knighton, and highlight their differences in run style, look at our RB's results vs Top 50 Defenses:

1650037070462.png

Knighton
Vs Good Defenses
- When the OL isn't opening much space, Knighton is the best at dropping his head and getting the most when there's little room.
Vs Bad Defenses - When the OL does open up a lot of space, Knighton still just drops his head and runs fast as he can straight into the defenders.

I know it's hard to wrap your head around - but Knighton runs more like a Fullback than a shifty/speed back. If he can learn to NOT do that - watch out!
That's why he averages 3.9 ypc vs Good D's & 3.9 vs Bad D's.

Cam
Vs Good Defenses
- When OL isn't opening space, Cam still tries to run to space that isn't there, eats losses/freezes in the hole/doesn't fight for extra yds
Vs Bad Defenses - When the OL does open up a lot of space, Cam hits that space and feasts on bad Defenses.

Cam is feast or famine, looks for the big play too much, and isn't as physical as he should be often enough. But hits homeruns when he has daylight.
That's why he averages 2.3 ypc vs Good D's & 6.7 vs Bad D's.

Chaney
Is the best mix of the two styles - blending both power and moves to make him more steady and consistent. His injury history is tough.
That's why he averages 3.6 ypc vs Good D's & 5.2 vs Bad D's.

The OL no question plays a large part in our run game success. But the larger part is our RB's style/tendencies/decision making when they either do or don't have room to work with.

The point -> *
You.

Cams non P5 games is a sample of 4 with 43 carries.

Knighton had double the Carries in the same number of games. Had a good average and more total touchdowns.

Now imagine if you will that Cam Harris played 4 more games? Or imagine if Rooster played against Central Connecticut St. and like I said I don’t think it is crazy to thing Rooster was hurt over those final 3 games.

Now with Thad it is just ******* stupid to say he was better because he had 16 Carrie’s against Non - Central Connecticut st. And guess what If you just want to take 16 snaps, Rooster had 17 against UNC, in which he averaged the same basically and had 2 more Tds!

Your entire point about explosiveness is a major mark against Cam Harris. You understand how averages work and that those handful of runs are outweighing the rest of his body of work right? If in a game he has 9 runs of 3 yards and then 1 run of 20Yds, well that’s an average of 4.7y/c yet you just possibly killed 3 drives, while that 20 yd run got you about 1/4 way towards a TD. You don’t want a guy to be explosive at the cost of sucking the rest of the time. That’s called inconsistent. So remove Cams 3 explosive runs and what do you have? A guy that over 40 Carries ran for at best 3.95 y/c - and that’s if those 20+yard runs were JUST 20 yards cause I don’t want to go look them up. The problem isn’t that he gets long runs more, the problem is that when he isn’t breaking a long runs he’s a complete drive killer.

Where in the world are you going with this?

You say Knighton is explosive - I point out Cam makes much more explosive plays - and you then say Cam's explosive plays are a knock against him? Huh?

You say "imagine if Cam played 4 more games" - but Cam outperformed Knighton when they played the same teams in 2020 (Cam 5.2 vs Knighton 4.0) and in 2021 (Cam 6.9 vs Knighton 4.3). So why wouldn't it just have been 4 more games of Cam being better?

You say "imagine if Rooster played against Central Connecticut St.". Are you saying Knighton would've been better than Cam's 10 - 100 yd 2 TD game?

Cam had 51 carries & Knighton 0 going into the 123rd Run D UVA game. Cam - 7.9 ypc / Knighton 2.9. No mention of Cam's mileage or this game at all?

Comparing Thad & Knighton vs the same 3 opponents is stupid - but cherry picking Knighton's best game vs UNC to compare vs Thad isn't? Huh?

Taking Cam's 43 P5 runs & removing his best 3 runs is ok....because why? Why wouldn't you also remove Knighton's best 3 runs to be consistent?

Bottom line is - RB's with more carries have been better than Knighton. RB's with less carries have been better than Knighton. It's just a fact.

You're making no sense. Seriously - what points are you trying to make?

You can't pick & choose Knighton's best games, remove the games & runs you want from the other RB's - then say "there. look at it now!" Because....that...makes,....no....sense

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys are funny - Anytime stats show up that don't support your position it "isn't apples to apples" or "doesn't have context". Then you cherry pick the stats that aren't apples to apples that help make your case and act like it's fine.

Since you guys are struggling - I'll help you make the case for Knighton, because AGAIN, I think Knighton has a ton of talent - he just still has a ways to go in the run game to put it all together.

To make the case for Knighton, and highlight their differences in run style, look at our RB's results vs Top 50 Defenses:

View attachment 182096

Knighton
Vs Good Defenses
- When the OL isn't opening much space, Knighton is the best at dropping his head and getting the most when there's little room.
Vs Bad Defenses - When the OL does open up a lot of space, Knighton still just drops his head and runs fast as he can straight into the defenders.

I know it's hard to wrap your head around - but Knighton runs more like a Fullback than a shifty/speed back. If he can learn to NOT do that - watch out!

Cam
Vs Good Defenses
- When OL isn't opening space, Cam still tries to run to space that isn't there, eats losses/freezes in the hole/doesn't fight for extra yds
Vs Bad Defenses - When the OL does open up a lot of space, Cam hits that space and feasts on bad Defenses.

Cam is feast or famine, looks for the big play too much, and isn't as physical as he should be often enough. But hits homeruns when he has daylight.

Chaney
Is the best mix of the two styles - blending both power and moves to make him more steady and consistent. His injury history is tough.

The OL no question plays a large part in our run game success. But the larger part is our RB's style/tendencies/decision making when they either do or don't have room to work with.

Just looking at game stats alone, which is one of the best indicators, Parrish is the guy that may surprise some. Yes he could’ve been used more, but averaging 5 yards per carry against some top-tier SEC competition, tells me the guy is better than some people think he is.

Where in the world are you going with this?

You say Knighton is explosive - I point out Cam makes much more explosive plays - and you then say Cam's explosive plays are a knock against him? Huh?

You say "imagine if Cam played 4 more games" - but Cam outperformed Knighton when they played the same teams in 2020 (Cam 5.2 vs Knighton 4.0) and in 2021 (Cam 6.9 vs Knighton 4.3). So why wouldn't it just have been 4 more games of Cam being better?

You say "imagine if Rooster played against Central Connecticut St.". Are you saying Knighton would've been better than Cam's 10 - 100 yd 2 TD game?

Cam had 51 carries & Knighton 0 going into the 123rd Run D UVA game. Cam - 7.9 ypc / Knighton 2.9. No mention of Cam's mileage or this game at all?

Comparing Thad & Knighton vs the same 3 opponents is stupid - but cherry picking Knighton's best game vs UNC to compare vs Thad isn't? Huh?

Taking Cam's 43 P5 runs & removing his best 3 runs is ok....because why? Why wouldn't you also remove Knighton's best 3 runs to be consistent?

Bottom line is - RB's with more carries have been better than Knighton. RB's with less carries have been better than Knighton. It's just a fact.

You're making no sense. Seriously - what points are you trying to make?

You can't pick & choose Knighton's best games, remove the games & runs you want from the other RB's - then say "there. look at it now!" Because....that...makes,....no....sense
When did I say Knighton was more explosive exactly? I guess if your point was to argue with something that was never said you made a good argument?

Go ahead and remove Knighton best 3 runs and tell me what that does to his stats. 3 runs against 40 compared to 3 runs against 85 is a far bigger difference. Again it’s like you don’t know what an average is.

If you’d like to understand the point, literally the first thing you should do is go read what I said. It’s pretty simple.

Last year - you know the season we are talking about - Cam and Rooster played in 2 games together - one in which Cam was better than Rooster and one in which Rooster was better than Cam… so you’re point is basura

When did I say Knighton was more explosive exactly? I guess if your point was to argue with something that was never said you made a good argument?

Go ahead and remove Knighton best 3 runs and tell me what that does to his stats. 3 runs against 40 compared to 3 runs against 85 is a far bigger difference. Again it’s like you don’t know what an average is.

If you’d like to understand the point, literally the first thing you should do is go read what I said. It’s pretty simple.

Last year - you know the season we are talking about - Cam and Rooster played in 2 games together - one in which Cam was better than Rooster and one in which Rooster was better than Cam… so you’re point is basura

This is amazing - and you're really going for it - but still only my 2nd favorite hot take of yours. Can you guess the first?

It's like a HR hitter hits 3 HR's in a game, and you're telling me "Yeah but take away his 3 HR's and he's not that good".

So back to the UVA & UNC games:
1650061770364.png

- Cam had 3 20+ yd carries in these 2 games/20 runs. Knighton has 3 20+ yd carries in career 188 P5 runs
- The YPC difference was Cam +5.0 (UVA) and Cam -1.1 (UNC)
- Cam averaged 2.6 ypc more than Knighton overall in these 2 games
- Knighton's highest ypc last year was 5.4 vs UNC. So at his best - not even close to Cam
- Cam averaged 4.3 vs UNC. Knighton averaged 4.0 or less in 5 of 8 games last year.

I give you all this info, and your takeaway is - "Cam was better in one game, Knighton was better in one - so they're the same"? Amazing....

But wait - you're not done!

You then want to take Cam's 2 other P5 games, both against Top 10 teams, and compare Cam's 3.5 ypc to Knighton's 3.8 ypc vs the trash ACC like those are equal??

1650062973544.png

But NO! I got that wrong. You're NOT DONE!

What you ACTUALLY want to do is....

Throw out the UVA game because Knighton wasn't good
Throw out the FSU/VT/Duke games because Knighton wasn't good - but say he was hurt, which you made up, because you need a reason he wasn't good
Then take Cam's 4 P5 games in which 53% of his carries against Top 10 teams, and compare it to Knighton's 4 BEST games in the trash ACC

Then after ALL that - come to the genius conclusion:

"Knighton was just straight up as good or better once you include TDs during this 4 game stretch. AND this was with double the carries!"

1650065311843.png

You Beautiful *******! I wasn't smart enough to realize how dumb what you were doing was - But I got there & apologize for asking what your point was

I'm not even lying....this was very impressive

Advertisement
I’ll never understand the need for grown men to put down a kid online who enters the transfer portal.

What’s understood doesn’t need to be said. Best of luck Cody.
Could turn out to be another Gus Edwards. Gus had one of the slowest first steps and was often brought down behind the LOS while at UM, before he could even get started. Musta been the OL after all.

This is amazing - and you're really going for it - but still only my 2nd favorite hot take of yours. Can you guess the first?

It's like a HR hitter hits 3 HR's in a game, and you're telling me "Yeah but take away his 3 HR's and he's not that good".

So back to the UVA & UNC games:
View attachment 182147

- Cam had 3 20+ yd carries in these 2 games/20 runs. Knighton has 3 20+ yd carries in career 188 P5 runs
- The YPC difference was Cam +5.0 (UVA) and Cam -1.1 (UNC)
- Cam averaged 2.6 ypc more than Knighton overall in these 2 games
- Knighton's highest ypc last year was 5.4 vs UNC. So at his best - not even close to Cam
- Cam averaged 4.3 vs UNC. Knighton averaged 4.0 or less in 5 of 8 games last year.

I give you all this info, and your takeaway is - "Cam was better in one game, Knighton was better in one - so they're the same"? Amazing....

But wait - you're not done!

You then want to take Cam's 2 other P5 games, both against Top 10 teams, and compare Cam's 3.5 ypc to Knighton's 3.8 ypc vs the trash ACC like those are equal??

View attachment 182151

But NO! I got that wrong. You're NOT DONE!

What you ACTUALLY want to do is....

Throw out the UVA game because Knighton wasn't good
Throw out the FSU/VT/Duke games because Knighton wasn't good - but say he was hurt, which you made up, because you need a reason he wasn't good
Then take Cam's 4 P5 games in which 53% of his carries against Top 10 teams, and compare it to Knighton's 4 BEST games in the trash ACC

Then after ALL that - come to the genius conclusion:

"Knighton was just straight up as good or better once you include TDs during this 4 game stretch. AND this was with double the carries!"

View attachment 182160

You Beautiful *******! I wasn't smart enough to realize how dumb what you were doing was - But I got there & apologize for asking what your point was

I'm not even lying....this was very impressive
It really is amazing how you have literally zero reading comprehension lol.

Cam played better in UVA game. Rooster played better in UNC game. That is the Fact. And again its JUST a 2 game sample lol.

And most importantly which has been the entire point this entire time you are trying to use 16-43 P5 carries and comparing it to someone with 140+ P5 carries from last season. Yet you are not able to understand how that can play a difference. What if Rooster just didn't play after that good 4 game stretch? Thats the ******* point - Roosters stats would look pretty ******* good, now wouldn't they? One guy has a handful of carries that happened to be statistically solid when looking at the averages, the other had just as good if not better of a statistical performance over twice the carries, THEN over the next 4 games played poorly. Are you seriously not able to understand that just because Cam Harris averaged 5.1ypc on 43 attempts that he wouldn't neccessarily have averaged that had he received 4x more carries like Rooster did? Thats the point that you can't get because you're too ******* thick

Once again because you clearly challenged, I'll put it this way - Cam Harris' MEDIAN y/a is likely no better than Roosters. Cam gets a handful of big runs and literally nothing else the rest of the time. That does NOT make you a better RB - IMO it makes you a worse RB, because Cam Harris is killing 3x as many drives as he is helping, regardless what his Average Y/C says. And like I've already said multiple times and will repeat again - comparing a guy with 16 carries in a season like Thad to a guy with >100 is stupid as ****. Go back and re-read what I actually said and why the comparisons were made - not what you're dumbass wants the reason those comparisons were made to be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I What if Rooster just didn't play after that good 4 game stretch? Thats the ******* point - Roosters stats would look pretty ******* good, now wouldn't they?

Of Miami's last 25 leading rushers YPC vs P5 teams (since 1997):
- Knighton's 2021 3.9 ypc would rank 25th out of 25. 24th worst is 4.2
- If Knighton stopped playing after the 4 game stretch - Knighton's ypc would be 4.5 - which would rank 21st out of 25

You think a 4.5 ypc looks "pretty ******* good" when in reality it's pretty bad. The fact you don't know that....shows you are clueless.

Just because Knighton was worse last year after 100 carries, you thinking RB's breaking down after 100 carries is a common thing- shows you are clueless.

The fact you think if Cam stayed healthy he wouldn't have averaged more against GT/VT/Duke than he did against Alabama & Michigan St - clueless.

Last edited:
if our RB's were as great as we thought they were, Mario wouldn't have brought in Parrish and worked his butt off to get citizen.

View attachment 182096

Knighton
Vs Good Defenses

Cam
Vs Good Defenses

Chaney

Not sure why you tagging me in this when I been left it alone. Cause what you're doing is changing your argument. Myself I agree he has TONS of room to grow(as I stated from the very beginning) I'm just done with this conversation as it's not relevant to me. You ****ting on the kid is just amusing in my eyes based upon what your initial points were. But fans are fans. You're welcome to do and say whatever you choose. No point in continuously tagging me though.

Advertisement
Back