Cody Brown in the Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Weak. Right now you got 3 healthy RB. Citizen is a true freshman not even non campus and Chaney coming off major surgery. If Thad can’t fight his way onto the field that scenario then it’s a losers mentality. He basically would be admitting his is 4th/5th string when everyone is healthy and back and would just give up already. Not shocked based on all the stuff we heard during his recruitment
Three backs will see the field consistently when all are healthy. Chaney,Knighton & citizen. Best case is Thad gets the change of pace, bruiser back role. If you believe you are a featured back type talent are you content in that capacity? I agree it's weak. Just stating something to keep an eye on. Me, if i know Chaney is injury prone, rooster will play far more than the role of a running back in this offense & citizen you haven't seen anything out of yet, while parish is a poor man's version of several of them. I wouldn't be Goin anywhere especially knowing we will feature our running backs better than any team in America...

1) Matocha, 2) Redding, 3) Worsham, 4) Washington, 5) Reed, 6) Huff, 7) Clarke, 8) Harrell
Could both Washington’ be options? Wouldn’t shock me to see Troutman pushed out. More OL as well. At least two more. 10 more is floor IMO.

I see some super connected posters taking different positions on Thad’s season. I personally think he’ll be our number 2 behind Chaney and get a ton of snaps, especially given he has soft hands to go with his 230+ pound frame. I feel people are sleeping on Thad if he puts his heart into the game.

I’ve been wrong at time with my predictions. Believing Robert Burns would jump over Cam comes to mind. But I’ve made some good calls, too (e.g. Edwards vs Yearby). And I see Thad emerging as a major weapon especially in second half play.

Advertisement
I see some super connected posters taking different positions on Thad’s season. I personally think he’ll be our number 2 behind Chaney and get a ton of snaps, especially given he has soft hands to go with his 230+ pound frame. I feel people are sleeping on Thad if he puts his heart into the game.

I’ve been wrong at time with my predictions. Believing Robert Burns would jump over Cam comes to mind. But I’ve made some good calls, too (e.g. Edwards vs Yearby). And I see Thad emerging as a major weapon especially in second half play.
Think that boy a LB. We shall see....I think Parrish rooster and Chaney get the most snaps

we suck again GIF

I just had to lol.

I wasn't very high on Thad at all coming out.... didn't show good vision or the type of balance for a back his size imo...not too low on Thad either....let's see him against a formidable front 7 before making a true judgement.... our Lbs are VERY bad it's difficult to know how good any of our backs look on green tree...lots of spring hype going against a sorry *** lb corps isn't proving anything "yet" imo....I remember Burns and Choc getting similar preseason hype...

A healthy Chaney is #1 in my book his only knock is durability....which could easily move him out of this discussion.....Knighton and Parish are the most polished in game situations.....it's kinda hard for me to pick against them...Citizen looks VERY good on tape but some of his comp looks suspect to me....but if he does live up to the hype .... look for another back to "possibly" hit the portal....

1. Chaney ( healthy)
2. Knighton
3. Parish
4. Franklin
5. Citizen

Last edited:
If you look at Gattis' history with Michigan, the first two years (tbf, these were not good years at Michigan and you had a COVID year in there, too, that the university seemingly punted), the top 3 backs on Michigan (NFL players FWIW) got 25 and 24 touches per game (rush attempts/receptions). Thats not a lot to go around.

However, if 2021 is anything to look at for Gattis and what we HOPE for...then still, the top 3 backs had a total of 36.5 touches per game...which is good and how we should view the upside of this backfield...but the reality is, after the top two backs the drop off is significant and you better be able to catch the football and block to get snaps if you're 3rd on the depth chart.

I'm not sure how it'll shake out exactly but I think there is a good chance the lead back role is WIDE open, more wide open than any of us think. I'm excited to see how it shakes out tbh. I know Rooster will be heavily involved, especially because of his ability to catch the football...but the rest, fair game and lets see how it goes. Could be anybody...but would not shock me if Henry Parrish is your RB1 getting ~18 touches a game with Rooster getting like ~16 touches and then fill in the rest with Chaney/Franklin?

Advertisement
I wasn't very high on Thad at all coming out.... didn't show good vision or the type of balance for a back his size imo...not too low on Thad either....let's see him against a formidable front 7 before making a true judgement.... our Lbs are VERY bad it's difficult to know how good any of our backs look on green tree...lots of spring hype going against a sorry *** lb corps isn't proving anything "yet" imo....I remember Burns and Choc getting similar preseason hype...

A healthy Chaney is #1 in my book his only knock is durability....which could easily move him out of this discussion.....Knighton and Parish are the most polished in game situations.....it's kinda hard for me to pick against them...Citizen looks VERY good on tape but some of his comp looks suspect to me....but if he does live up to the hype .... look for another back to "possibly" hit the portal....

1. Chaney ( healthy)
2. Knighton
3. Parish
4. Franklin
5. Citizen
The Legend of Choc Gray. No lie CIS had me thinking his 15 carry 150 yard game was coming. I think him and noodles tricked me the most because of what I was told.

I think that Thad brings the size and speed. He's had a year in the weight room and is starting to figure out what to do. He's #3 imo. We'll have to see where Chaney is but Parrish may end up being the #1 guy.

Did everyone else miss the 2021 season where Knighton carried the load and looked great doing so?

He's the #1 RB on this roster until proven otherwise. If Chaney ever stays healthy, maybe he'll challenge him - we're 2 seasons into his Miami career and he's yet to achieve that.

Three backs will see the field consistently when all are healthy. Chaney,Knighton & citizen. Best case is Thad gets the change of pace, bruiser back role. If you believe you are a featured back type talent are you content in that capacity? I agree it's weak. Just stating something to keep an eye on. Me, if i know Chaney is injury prone, rooster will play far more than the role of a running back in this offense & citizen you haven't seen anything out of yet, while parish is a poor man's version of several of them. I wouldn't be Goin anywhere especially knowing we will feature our running backs better than any team in America...
If Parrish is healthy he’s playing. He’s a good receiver out of the backfield and he’s the best pass blocker in the RB room right now. Experience is it’s own best teacher and he has lot’s from his time at Ol ****.

Advertisement
The Legend of Choc Gray. No lie CIS had me thinking his 15 carry 150 yard game was coming. I think him and noodles tricked me the most because of what I was told.
^What kind of revisionist history is this?

What about that season where Choc ran for 2k and 30 TDs?

There’s a reason he’s ahead of Barry Sanders on that RB list ESPN put out a few days ago.

^What kind of revisionist history is this?

What about that season where Choc ran for 2k and 30 TDs?

There’s a reason he’s ahead of Barry Sanders on that RB list ESPN put out a few days ago.
Hahaha bruh that first sentence had me shook. Thought I forgot something.

Advertisement
Did everyone else miss the 2021 season where Knighton carried the load and looked great doing so?

He's the #1 RB on this roster until proven otherwise. If Chaney ever stays healthy, maybe he'll challenge him - we're 2 seasons into his Miami career and he's yet to achieve that.
Knighton is an absolute weapon receiving and I get the excitement. But the reality is he simply hasn't been good running the ball.

Knighton averaged 3.9 ypc in 2021. That's the lowest for Miami's leading rusher in 25 years, and lowest since Javarris James 4.6 ypc in 2006.

Knighton needs to improve, and he definitely "can", but "will he" is still a question mark.

If he's similar to last year he shouldn't be our #1 RB. The #1 spot should be VERY open right now, and I think all 5 RB's have a realistic shot at becoming #1.

Advertisement
Back