Coburn???

Would be an amazing steal by the staff if it happens. Texas kids don’t leave Texas though. So I’m going to wait and see.

See Eric Winston, Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees, Jason Peters, Chris Ivory, Dez Bryant, Chase Daniel, Russell Okung, Chris Campbell, Kirby Freeman, Jessie Armstead....those are fresh off the dome.

Yes it's harder to pull a Texas kid then most states, but top kids from that region leave to go to big time programs or programs w/ the most upside, as well. Maybe, just maybe, Coburn sees more upside w/ our program than UT.

Exactly. Too many people buying into the mythology of the "religion" of football in Texas keeping kids there. My question is when was the last time Texas had a big name kid flip at the last minute on them to an out of state school not named Oklahoma? I'm sure it has happened and I personally like our chances with Coburnt but I'm just looking for an example.

Can't think of a flip at the last minute from UT off hand, bro. Don't follow their program enough to know that...but I do like Texas HS football so I'm familiar w/ top kids from that state.

Last edited:
Advertisement
what is the latest on coburtain?

We all think he’s coming. Texas people all think he’s staying.

Not true, my best friend is a member of the UT rivals board and says they've been in complete meltdown mode over Colburt. They don't know.
The only hope they have if anUT reporter is going to his announcement. I remember UM people going to see Big 6 choose fsu over us, just to name one that didn't workout.

The people I know still expect him to throw that U up people... Richt didn't fly to Houston just because he was interested ;-)

Advertisement

Not true, my best friend is a member of the UT rivals board and says they've been in complete meltdown mode over Colburt. They don't know.
The only hope they have if anUT reporter is going to his announcement. I remember UM people going to see Big 6 choose fsu over us, just to name one that didn't workout.

The people I know still expect him to throw that U up people... Richt didn't fly to Houston just because he was interested ;-)

You're either going to have a coronation day or you're trying to silver medal behind DSJ....

whats your % on coburman?

Well this is the first I have heard of Texas people being legit worried on any board. Can anyone confirm this?

Advertisement
Some guy in a big cowboy hat is gonna pay him a special visit tonight

416Hlv3kQ-L.jpg

Well this is the first I have heard of Texas people being legit worried on any board. Can anyone confirm this?

One of them literally just came to this thread earlier today talk **** about Coburn and say weren't worried because a 247 reporter for UT was allegedly invited to his announcement. If that's not "Texas people being legit worried on any board," then I don't know what is.

Would be an amazing steal by the staff if it happens. Texas kids don’t leave Texas though. So I’m going to wait and see.

See Eric Winston, Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees, Jason Peters, Chris Ivory, Dez Bryant, Chase Daniel, Russell Okung, Chris Campbell, Kirby Freeman, Jessie Armstead....those are fresh off the dome.

Yes it's harder to pull a Texas kid then most states, but top kids from that region leave to go to big time programs or programs w/ the most upside, as well. Maybe, just maybe, Coburn sees more upside w/ our program than UT.

Exactly. Too many people buying into the mythology of the "religion" of football in Texas keeping kids there. My question is when was the last time Texas had a big name kid flip at the last minute on them to an out of state school not named Oklahoma? I'm sure it has happened and I personally like our chances with Coburnt but I'm just looking for an example.

Can't of a flip at the last minute from UT off hand, bro. Don't follow their program enough to know that...but I do like Texas HS football so I'm familiar w/ top kids from that state.

I'm sure I follow it on an even more cursory level than you but it does seem like it'd be pretty unique for a kid to unexpectedly flip on Texas at the last minute while they still have a "****" head coach and think they're on the way back.

Will be pretty exciting if it happens. I've always said that they're not as deludinoid cultish as your typical SEC inbred but I'm sure they'll immediately accuse us of some recruiting shenanigans with the kid- which is comically rich.

Advertisement

giphy.gif

Advertisement

One of them literally just came to this thread earlier today talk **** about Coburn and say weren't worried because a 247 reporter for UT was allegedly invited to his announcement. If that's not "Texas people being legit worried on any board," then I don't know what is.

It is literally the opposite of Texas being worried.

It is literally the opposite of Texas being worried.

It really isn't. Again...

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Advertisement
Back