Coburn???

Would be an amazing steal by the staff if it happens. Texas kids don’t leave Texas though. So I’m going to wait and see.

See Eric Winston, Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees, Jason Peters, Chris Ivory, Dez Bryant, Chase Daniel, Russell Okung, Chris Campbell, Kirby Freeman, Jessie Armstead....those are fresh off the dome.

Yes it's harder to pull a Texas kid then most states, but top kids from that region leave to go to big time programs or programs w/ the most upside, as well. Maybe, just maybe, Coburn sees more upside w/ our program than UT.

Advertisement
Would be an amazing steal by the staff if it happens. Texas kids don’t leave Texas though. So I’m going to wait and see.

See Eric Winston, Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees, Jason Peters, Chris Ivory, Dez Bryant, Chase Daniel, Russell Okung, Chris Campbell, Kirby Freeman, Jessie Armstead....those are fresh off the dome.

Yes it's harder to pull a Texas kid then most states, but top kids from that region leave to go to big time programs or programs w/ the most upside, as well. Maybe, just maybe, Coburn sees more upside w/ our program than UT.

Ohio State went in there and pulled a bunch of top kids
Pac-12 & SEC (besides A&M) also hits texas hard

So correct me if I'm wrong but everything [MENTION=19550]Jcanes5[/MENTION] has said so far has come true. He said Coburn was a real flip possibility and since that statement there has been a ton of "smoke" surrounding his recruitment. Then yesterday, before anyone anywhere mentioned anything, he says that Ojomo will announce his commitment to Texas on Tuesday and then sure enough today Ojomo says he's announcing tonight. So either he has real connections to the Coburn recruitment or he's had some lucky guesses and we are getting masterfully trolled. I really hope it's the former.

giphy.gif

Anyone with a brain can guess that Coburn flipping was a possibility considering he was on an OV. Plus if the jcane was trolling is obviously he'd say we are in it.
Secondly the ojomo to Texas thing I'm pretty sure was reported first by a Texas insider - I'm like 80% sure about that.

Advertisement
Found it interesting that Texas fans think they only have a couple spots left...one for Ojomo and a guy named waddle....the numbers game could fall in our favor big time

So correct me if I'm wrong but everything [MENTION=19550]Jcanes5[/MENTION] has said so far has come true. He said Coburn was a real flip possibility and since that statement there has been a ton of "smoke" surrounding his recruitment. Then yesterday, before anyone anywhere mentioned anything, he says that Ojomo will announce his commitment to Texas on Tuesday and then sure enough today Ojomo says he's announcing tonight. So either he has real connections to the Coburn recruitment or he's had some lucky guesses and we are getting masterfully trolled. I really hope it's the former.

giphy.gif

Anyone with a brain can guess that Coburn flipping was a possibility considering he was on an OV. Plus if the jcane was trolling is obviously he'd say we are in it.
Secondly the ojomo to Texas thing I'm pretty sure was reported first by a Texas insider - I'm like 80% sure about that.

If jcane source is in the Coburn circle how does he know about Ojomo's commitment?

Found it interesting that Texas fans think they only have a couple spots left...one for Ojomo and a guy named waddle....the numbers game could fall in our favor big time

Coburn is a current commit. So if he de commits that should make space. If he sticks it doesnt change there current number of 25

Advertisement
Advertisement

Are you still as confident on Coburn?

Texas has 25 guys signed and committed right now. They expect Ojomo, Ossai and a flip from an Arkansas commit. If they get Waddle that would leave them with 29.

Exactly. Too many people buying into the mythology of the "religion" of football in Texas keeping kids there. My question is when was the last time Texas had a big name kid flip at the last minute on them to an out of state school not named Oklahoma? I'm sure it has happened and I personally like our chances with Coburnt but I'm just looking for an example.

Advertisement

So now it's possibly because they won't have room?

Exactly what you're saying is what has me conflicted on all of his posts from the past week, it wasn't about Texas not having room.

So now it's possibly because they won't have room?

Exactly what you're saying is what has me conflicted on all of his posts from the past week, it wasn't about Texas not having room.

Yeah man I'm about ready to bow out of this one. LOL

Advertisement
Back