Coburn???

Advertisement
We looking good here. Texas fans will say a&M is the threat, but not so fast my friend! He wants to be here, loves the Miami vibe, loves the guys he knows from the all star game. This might be one of those "commits to sign elsewhere" on nsd. Happens every year.
Colbert getting in his head and Shaq telling him he'd right behind him for the next two, which he liked hearing....

Parents l/family members have all given him the green light to come here...just gotta close the deal ��������

I believe this young man. I'm not expecting Coburn, but this would be the signing day surprise that would make me happiest.

Advertisement
Dexters bbq the best barbecue I’ve had in any state and it isn’t close

Advertisement
What happens when he finds out that So. Fla. BBQ is bad?

He's just gotta go out to Shivers

Smoke BBQ on A1A and Oakland Park. Best BBQ in South Florida, and it's not even close.

Shortys BBQ right up the street from the U is great too.

Back in the day Shorty's was the truth. But since they expanded and opened up some other restaurants the quality has dipped. The one on US-1 is still among the best BBQ in Dade, but Tom Jenkins and Georgia Pig up in Broward beat them out. Just my $.02.

Miami is more like Houston than Austin is.

just moved back to miami from houston. i'm still amazed at how similar the cities are.

First time I went to Houston, all I could think was that it was a bigger version of Miami. It's not at all country like I thought it would be. It's actually a pretty dope city.

Side note: Best BBQ in south Florida is Blue Willie's on Commercial just east of Dixie. Tom Jenkins is close second.

Somebody take that young man to Tom Jenkins.

Red Cow and GA Pig also!

Any of you fools remember Texas Hold Em BBQ in Broward before they got too ambitious and tried expanding to 5 different spots?

Best brisket you were going to find down here.

Was that the place that was in that weird triangle shaped building on US 1 near Oakland Park blvd? I went there once and there were a few things that were really good and a few things that totally missed the spot.

Advertisement

just moved back to miami from houston. i'm still amazed at how similar the cities are.

First time I went to Houston, all I could think was that it was a bigger version of Miami. It's not at all country like I thought it would be. It's actually a pretty dope city.

Side note: Best BBQ in south Florida is Blue Willie's on Commercial just east of Dixie. Tom Jenkins is close second.

You're the second person I've heard mention Blue Willy's BBQ in the last few weeks. Other dude was a much older gentleman from Georgia who said the best BBQ he's had in South Florida was Tom Jenkins and Blue Willy's (in no particular order). I'm going to have to get out there.

You're the second person I've heard mention Blue Willy's BBQ in the last few weeks. Other dude was a much older gentleman from Georgia who said the best BBQ he's had in South Florida was Tom Jenkins and Blue Willy's (in no particular order). I'm going to have to get out there.

It's worth the trip. Dude started off with a food truck, then moved to a little spot off US1 in Pomano, outgrew that and is now in a converted Burger King on Commercial. Brisket is money. They do pastrami on Thursdays that always sells out before 5 pm.

Advertisement

Somebody take that young man to Tom Jenkins.

Red Cow and GA Pig also!

Any of you fools remember Texas Hold Em BBQ in Broward before they got too ambitious and tried expanding to 5 different spots?

Best brisket you were going to find down here.

Was that the place that was in that weird triangle shaped building on US 1 near Oakland Park blvd? I went there once and there were a few things that were really good and a few things that totally missed the spot.

That may have been their original location. I first started hitting them up when they were across from Hardy Park just south of downtown Lauderdale across from the courthouse.

What you're describing sounds similar though. They used to absolutely kill the brisket, mac & cheese, cornbread and desserts but you could get better chicken and ribs at some of the other spots mentioned here.

I always appreciated them too though because they once catered a tailgate for me in early September when it's 200 degrees here and their a/c was broken and they weren't even going to open that day but they sent a staff in just to make my order. Said they'd never ruin a Canes tailgate.

Last edited:

Do explain. I've never seriously considered moving to Texas, but if Houston is like a big Miami I might have to take a closer look. I told my wife I'm done living in blue states. The cure for liberalism is trying to make a living in Hawaii for a few years, you'll get tired of the answer to every problem created by the fiscal irresponsibility of the 100% democrat government (Hawaii is the bluest state in the union) being more taxes.

Do explain. I've never seriously considered moving to Texas, but if Houston is like a big Miami I might have to take a closer look. I told my wife I'm done living in blue states. The cure for liberalism is trying to make a living in Hawaii for a few years, you'll get tired of the answer to every problem created by the fiscal irresponsibility of the 100% democrat government (Hawaii is the bluest state in the union) being more taxes.

My home girl and her husband just moved down to Houston and she loves it down there. She said it's a popping city and she said the strip clubs are popping there too. (she swings both ways and only mess w/ the baddest....hence we became friends ASAP. lol).

Advertisement
Back