Coaching Update from 247

DVD seems like a nice, personable, outgoing local kid who is a positive from a community relations perspective. Doesn’t make him irreplaceable. He may end up being a good coach. Time will tell. But the U is over - focused on alum. T Rob looks like a great hire - local kid but outside experience and relationships.
Well said.

Too much nostalgia. This does seem like a major upgrade in a spot that has really been inexplicably mishandled.

Advertisement
Glad I was wrong, but **** seeing all these other teams making moves had me worried.
LOL if I would have just waited 30 more minutes I wouldn't have had to even post.
True but it seemed pretty clear which name wasn’t included. It was a process of elimination.

Screenshot_20210109-192120_Twitter.jpg
look at his bio ITS SO ******* BEAUTIFUL

Advertisement
The difference in the Manny situation and now is that Manny was already an employee of the university back then.

It happened about that quick and we had no other considerations.

I posted that Wesley McGriff’s agent floated him out to Miami and that he was interested and got no feedback so he took what Florida was offering. They knew who they wanted.
Thought he was introduced as Temples coach but Idc I'm happy T Rob is home.
And I appreciate all you guys in the know. It's amazing the knowledge y'all share with us.

Also apparently Kevin Steele has mitigation language is his contract, so he’s essentially going to be a bargain for whoever hires him. Whatever Miami or whoever hires him pays him just offsets his buyout from Auburn. That’s a pretty huge development.
So hire him for like one dollar?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Perfect. So DC+LB, TRob for DBs, get a great DL coach, use the ST job for a local recruiter, and tell Patke to look for Utah on a map.
I think Patke is safe right? Baker would be the one gone here. We lost Banda, Stroud and Rumph. Incoming would be TRob, Steele, Wilson. Telly to ST and Baker gone.

No clue if this guy is legit

Attachments

• BEC0CBB4-4801-45D0-AD6A-664D3E4C8353.png
    BEC0CBB4-4801-45D0-AD6A-664D3E4C8353.png
    713.6 KB · Views: 321
Advertisement
Stuff is moving faster than anticipated. My initial belief was our first hire will be mid to late next week.

We’re right on pace. I don’t really have any solid info but I think TRob is in the bag.

Also, notice how Penn State hired Yurcich and dumped their OC simultaneously. There wasn’t much talk on that before it happened. I could see us working the same thing at DC.
Faster than anticipated is an understatement...
@JayCane20
Great call and thanks for bringing quality content to the board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back