Coaching Update from 247

Advertisement
If we hire TRob, I wonder what they’ll do with the 10th assistant spot? They could make TRob DB/Co-DC, and give him control over the entire DB room, and still keep DVD on as CB coach, essentially as an on-field assistant to TRob. Seems like a win-win for us and DVD. Just would need to be clear to TRob and DVD that TRob runs the show in the DB room.
Exactly. If DVD is waiting to make a decision it’s not because it was him or TR for DB coach. He might be starting to see if an extra spot on the staff gets freed up where he could be in some subordinate role as an onfield coach.

Dude, the kids who play major football in Utah aren’t choir boys. Wittingham has had more arrests and issues on his team than we have.
Thanks for attempting to read between my lines and find a narrative.

I did not mean to insinuate that Utah is Bible thumping and he’d be recruiting kids from Mormon missions...

Advertisement
We Got Him GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
What is this love affair with DVD? Are we so accustomed to mediocrity? He is absolutely replaceable and not needed if TRob is on board.
If he stays or goes I won’t lose sleep over it, but he seems to be a great recruiter and builds relationships well with our recruits. They seem to like him a lot. That would be my biggest downside to losing him

Advertisement
Exactly. If DVD is waiting to make a decision it’s not because it was him or TR for DB coach. He might be starting to see if an extra spot on the staff gets freed up where he could be in some subordinate role as an onfield coach.
DVD special teams coach

Advertisement
Back