Coaching Update from 247

Then you have to learn to lie and make stuff up.
That's what I was saying to an unnamed Miami coach the other day when he was telling me how they'd love to have Derek Stingley on the team.

Advertisement
Saturday update

Just going to pass along some things I have heard over the past couple of hours regarding Miami’s staff following the news that T-Rob has been hired. I’m currently traveling between 7v7 tryouts.

- I know there’s plenty of rumors floating around that both Blake Baker and Jonathan Patke are leaving. I haven’t heard anything along those lines. I’m under the impression that neither one is being forced out and think that both will keep their current titles at Miami. Things could obviously change, and other opportunities elsewhere could certainly arise for both Baker and Patke, but I expect both to be back.

- I think there’s a good chance that Jess Simpson returns to Miami and takes over as defensive line coach. He might not be viewed as an elite recruiter, but a lot of people think he can get the most out of a defensive line room.

- A week ago I was told Demarcus Van Dyke was headed to Utah State where he would get his own position group. I no longer think that will be the case and wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes UM’s 10th full-time assistant. I do not know what his title would be, but believe he would work with the defensive backs. If DVD were to get that role, he would be allowed to get out on the road and recruit whenever the NCAA lifts its temporary recruiting dead period. That might not seem like a big deal, but he was one of the main reasons why Miami was in it two cycles ago for Fred Davis and finished second for Nate Wiggins.

- This isn’t coaching related, but I can confirm that Miami has spoken with Auburn running back transfer Mark-Anthony Richards. I actually have heard he’s the one that initiated contact once in the portal. Miami only has two spots to work with right now and needs a corner. It would be a lot easier for Miami to take MAR if they could bring him in this summer and count him forward. It’s unclear, however, if Ahmmon’s brother would be open to that. Oklahoma and Utah are two other schools that have had dialogue with the former Top247 recruit.

Ivins

Advertisement
Saturday update

Just going to pass along some things I have heard over the past couple of hours regarding Miami’s staff following the news that T-Rob has been hired. I’m currently traveling between 7v7 tryouts.

- I know there’s plenty of rumors floating around that both Blake Baker and Jonathan Patke are leaving. I haven’t heard anything along those lines. I’m under the impression that neither one is being forced out and think that both will keep their current titles at Miami. Things could obviously change, and other opportunities elsewhere could certainly arise for both Baker and Patke, but I expect both to be back.

- I think there’s a good chance that Jess Simpson returns to Miami and takes over as defensive line coach. He might not be viewed as an elite recruiter, but a lot of people think he can get the most out of a defensive line room.

- A week ago I was told Demarcus Van Dyke was headed to Utah State where he would get his own position group. I no longer think that will be the case and wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes UM’s 10th full-time assistant. I do not know what his title would be, but believe he would work with the defensive backs. If DVD were to get that role, he would be allowed to get out on the road and recruit whenever the NCAA lifts its temporary recruiting dead period. That might not seem like a big deal, but he was one of the main reasons why Miami was in it two cycles ago for Fred Davis and finished second for Nate Wiggins.

- This isn’t coaching related, but I can confirm that Miami has spoken with Auburn running back transfer Mark-Anthony Richards. I actually have heard he’s the one that initiated contact once in the portal. Miami only has two spots to work with right now and needs a corner. It would be a lot easier for Miami to take MAR if they could bring him in this summer and count him forward. It’s unclear, however, if Ahmmon’s brother would be open to that. Oklahoma and Utah are two other schools that have had dialogue with the former Top247 recruit.

Ivins
Ivins is a moron.

Saturday update

Ivins
This shows how far out of the loop he is

Advertisement
No clue if this guy is legit

It's obviously bull****. Let's think about what the statement implies.

For the statement to be true it means UM supposedly wants Baker to leave. But for some reason Manny won't actually tell him that? Yeah, right :ROFLMAO:

And what if Baker doesn't find another job? Then what? Does that mean Manny is going to keep a DC he doesn't want because he couldn't find another job? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There's zero percent chance Baker has been told "that it's in his best interest to find another job". If the decision has been made to let him go, I'm sure Manny had a very clear, direct, professional and mature conversation about it with Baker.

The idea Manny communicated the message to Baker: "Hey Blake, i'm not saying you're fired, but it's in your best interest to find another job" is comical.

Maybe Baker can transition to Manure's butler George Costanza style. Just seems odd he and Patsy are still hanging around.

It's obviously bull****. Let's think about what the statement implies.

For the statement to be true it means UM supposedly wants Baker to leave. But for some reason Manny won't actually tell him that? Yeah, right :ROFLMAO:

And what if Baker doesn't find another job? Then what? Does that mean Manny is going to keep a DC he doesn't want because he couldn't find another job? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There's zero percent chance Baker has been told "that it's in his best interest to find another job". If the decision has been made to let him go, I'm sure Manny had a very clear, direct, professional and mature conversation about it with Baker.

The idea Manny communicated the message to Baker: "Hey Blake, i'm not saying you're fired, but it's in your best interest to find another job" is comical.
This is literally never a message delivered by an employer. Either you get sacked, or there is no such conversation. I can't believe people are even listening to this detritus.

Advertisement
Saturday update

Ivins
Could we ban this tool already?

Advertisement
Maybe Baker can transition to Manure's butler George Costanza style. Just seems odd he and Patsy are still hanging around.
1610237134638.jpeg

I hope if they’re considering MAR it’s as a CB cause I don’t see how he’s getting burn in front of anyone in the RB room outside of maybe the incoming guys...

Advertisement
Back