Coaching Coaching Profile: Aaron Feld

Advertisement
The thing is, at some point, you hit a point where more work doesn't lead to better conditioning; rather it produces overtraining and your athletes can't recover and performance suffers. At some point, more work becomes counterproductive. Honestly, "train more" is usually never the right answer. If we had to guess, the answer with some of the injuries is either train smarter or train less.
I agree with you. Exactly my point. Doesn’t seem like there there’s a symbiotic relationship between the S&C players goals and the coaching staffs goals. I honestly don’t know enough about S&C to know the answer but it’s obvious that the injury problems have followed them both here. Look at Benson, he was injured for 2 years at Oregon he left Mario and Feld and is injury free and looks like one of the best RB’s in the ACC if not the nation.

In his defense for this post and the hash tag, it’s selling shirts for the Special Olympics.

Obviously coaches shouldn’t be taking 5 mins out of their day to try and raise money for a good cause, each post means one player injury for the Canes. He doomed us.
My kid is a stage 4 cancer survivor, my wife is on a board that’s raised millions to pay for clinical trials that no corporate company would back because it’s not a money maker. You can raise awareness and money without his nonsense. He’s posts are just as much as selling his brand as helping kids.

My kid is a stage 4 cancer survivor, my wife is on a board that’s raised millions to pay for clinical trials that no corporate company would back because it’s not a money maker. You can raise awareness and money without his nonsense. He’s posts are just as much as selling his brand as helping kids.

You and I are looking at it two different ways.I think he was using his brand to sell the shirts, you think it’s the opposite.

Don’t really get why it’s a negative thing in this day in age but it is what it is.

Advertisement
Yes. But let's assume that's the case (which, again, is a total assumption because no one knows what our practice schedule looks like in comparison to other teams). If that's the case, does Feld have any authority (or the balls!) to tell MC to pull back on practice? Quite frankly, I'm not sure any S&C coach in the country has a lot of say when it comes to practice schedule. That would seem to be something that's decidedly off-limits for an S&C guy.

The good news is that we do have a separate exercise science guy that at least is putting extra eyes on these topics.
Bryan Mann is THE sports science guy however is he being listened to at all? Can’t think of the other dudes Name for FB but he’s good too. Gotta not copy and paste a Cochran workout from 2012 every week and act like you’re doing good ****.

Bryan Mann is THE sports science guy however is he being listened to at all? Can’t think of the other dudes Name for FB but he’s good too. Gotta not copy and paste a Cochran workout from 2012 every week and act like you’re doing good ****.
Tommy Moffitt is the best I've ever seen....and as much as people Dog Swasey...he wipes his *** with Feld. There's a reason why so many former Great UM players, who seeked him out in the off season the past 15+ yrs

Advertisement
Tommy Moffitt is the best I've ever seen....and as much as people Dog Swasey...he wipes his *** with Feld. There's a reason why so many former Great UM players, who seeked him out in the off season the past 15+ yrs
I never understood that. Why would players be trusting careers that could lead to 100’s of millions of dollars to a guy that we fired. Firing Swasey never made sense to me.

Here we go again with this nonsense Re: our S&C coaches

Ya guys ever think Swasey was also successful here because we were bringing in DOGS that lived and breathed the game? They were freaks of nature on and off the field.

You guys talk about how soft our team is every week and you think one season with a S&C guy is gonna fix that?

But we can just continue with yet another useless, circular debate because we don’t have enough of those already

I would love to sit in on the S&C for one week jsit to see the actual “culture” there because it’s usually, in my experience, what really carries over to the field

Advertisement
Have a great time.
I am....Lol...
FB_IMG_1667649213289.jpg

Ask ANY former Cane (including @Brooklyndee ) about Swasey...and see what their response is. Moffitt was even higher regarded.
Now you are giving us a better timeframe for when Brooklyn was at Miami. ha

Pretty easy to look good when you replace the GREAT Dave Hulett (RIP). The question I have with Moffitt- does he have the drive to push as hard as he did at LSU? Does he want to move to Miami?

Advertisement

Pretty easy to look good when you replace the GREAT Dave Hulett (RIP). The question I have with Moffitt- does he have the drive to push as hard as he did at LSU? Does he want to move to Miami?
No....I text Tommy a few times a yr. No way is he interested in coming back...but he absolutely loved his time at UM...

I never understood that. Why would players be trusting careers that could lead to 100’s of millions of dollars to a guy that we fired. Firing Swasey never made sense to me.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it was b/c Swasey was missing credentials. I’m not sure if that was on him or The University, but iirc, b4 Swasey was fired, bro wasn’t even allowed to be on location training. Also, iirc, Swasey’s whole techniques changed after Golden b/c Golden wanted B1G type of athletes, which made Swasey look incompetent.

@SWFLHurricane

Tommy was only at UM for 2yrs...I think 98-99. Brooklyndee was already gone by then.

Advertisement
Back