Coaching Coaching Profile: Aaron Feld

Advertisement
Do you guys notice that he is always behind Mario like a security guard during games? Is this the norm for his position?

Advertisement
So which injuries exactly do you believe are S&C related? List the injured players, their injury, and if you think that actually has anything to do with S&C.
This is an impossible ask.

There are so many factors. This is why S&C conversations on a message board never go anywhere. Data is hard to come by.

@AlphaMarshan is more equipped to address this, but you'd likely have to look at S&C, recovery, practice schedule, and the specific injury. I mean, we know football is violent and injuries will happen. Trying to determine which are in the natural course of football and which are somehow related to S&C or some other factor is likely impossible.

I've never been a fan of the guy. That said, for all I know, he's awesome but Mario's practice schedule lends itself to overuse and overtraining and the kids can't recover on a day-to-day basis. I mean, again, there are just so many variables and possibilities.

Anyone with a handlebar mustache in 2022 is a look-at-me guy. I said when he was hired that he wouldn't fit in the South Florida culture. That gimmick works up in the Northwest not here. The topper was that stupid video when he yelled Cafecito and burned himself, straight clown.

Anyone with a handlebar mustache in 2022 is a look-at-me guy. I said when he was hired that he wouldn't fit in the South Florida culture. That gimmick works up in the Northwest not here. The topper was that stupid video when he yelled Cafecito and burned himself, straight clown.

woahhhhh where is this video?

Advertisement
I got killed on this site when I questioned his qualifications when he was hired.,
On CIS
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

This is an impossible ask.

There are so many factors. This is why S&C conversations on a message board never go anywhere. Data is hard to come by.

@AlphaMarshan is more equipped to address this, but you'd likely have to look at S&C, recovery, practice schedule, and the specific injury. I mean, we know football is violent and injuries will happen. Trying to determine which are in the natural course of football and which are somehow related to S&C or some other factor is likely impossible.

I've never been a fan of the guy. That said, for all I know, he's awesome but Mario's practice schedule lends itself to overuse and overtraining and the kids can't recover on a day-to-day basis. I mean, again, there are just so many variables and possibilities.
Wouldn’t that still fall on Mario and Feld being on the same page to limit those injuries from a training standpoint.

Advertisement
Wouldn’t that still fall on Mario and Feld being on the same page to limit those injuries from a training standpoint.
Yes. But let's assume that's the case (which, again, is a total assumption because no one knows what our practice schedule looks like in comparison to other teams). If that's the case, does Feld have any authority (or the balls!) to tell MC to pull back on practice? Quite frankly, I'm not sure any S&C coach in the country has a lot of say when it comes to practice schedule. That would seem to be something that's decidedly off-limits for an S&C guy.

The good news is that we do have a separate exercise science guy that at least is putting extra eyes on these topics.

In his defense for this post and the hash tag, it’s selling shirts for the Special Olympics.

Obviously coaches shouldn’t be taking 5 mins out of their day to try and raise money for a good cause, each post means one player injury for the Canes. He doomed us.

Advertisement
Yes. But let's assume that's the case (which, again, is a total assumption because no one knows what our practice schedule looks like in comparison to other teams). If that's the case, does Feld have any authority (or the balls!) to tell MC to pull back on practice? Quite frankly, I'm not sure any S&C coach in the country has a lot of say when it comes to practice schedule. That would seem to be something that's decidedly off-limits for an S&C guy.

The good news is that we do have a separate exercise science guy that at least is putting extra eyes on these topics.
I meant more so from the standpoint of Feld working with Mario on a conditioning program to get these guys to a conditioning level to limit the injuries of harder more physical practices. But I guess that’s where the exercise science will come in?

I meant more so from the standpoint of Feld working with Mario on a conditioning program to get these guys to a conditioning level to limit the injuries of harder more physical practices. But I guess that’s where the exercise science will come in?
The thing is, at some point, you hit a point where more work doesn't lead to better conditioning; rather it produces overtraining and your athletes can't recover and performance suffers. At some point, more work becomes counterproductive. Honestly, "train more" is usually never the right answer. If we had to guess, the answer with some of the injuries is either train smarter or train less.

Advertisement
Back