Coaching Coaching Profile: Aaron Feld

I literally quoted my own post on page 4 with a simplified explanation of what could be going on:

I mean I'm not going to go into an entire dissertation on knee stability but non-contact ligament problems in the knee are a strong indicator of improper S&C programming, it means there's an overemphasis on hip and knee extension without properly balancing the agonist movement which helps prevent you from blowing your knees out. There are entire protocols for ligament health in the knees and shoulders. ****, I've been to S&C conferences and all they talked about was shoulder and knee health and injury prevention.

Like I said, I don't know what's going on - there are a ton of variables at play here - but I know that the rise in non-contact injuries we're seeing are not coincidence.
Say what you want about Mario, but he's not stupid & not oblivious to the rash of injuries - both at Oregon & Miami. Folks on this board don't have the data related to each and every injury, but Mario & staff do. So, can only hope time will be spent this offseason compiling and interpreting the data to determine why the number of injuries and what can be done to reduce.

Advertisement
Stevenson has been out multiple times, some other DB is out indefinitely- no?, a couple of DT's have missed time, Harvey is in a shoulder sling, haven't multiple ILB's been out? Hedley got injured in warm-ups.
So now we're going from saying non contact injuries are S&C fault to Contact injuries sustained during games are S&C fault?

For once i would just like to have a healthy team. Feel like we have struggled with injuries for a while now. Which honestly hearing stories like the one from LT recently where he finally had a heart to heart with mario and got his diet right and what not just leaves me scratching my head. Like how with all the people mario brought in especially the sports science guy and the nutritionist are the players just now getting these things fixed the coaches have been with them for almost a year...

Oh, yes, let's weave pedophilia into the conversation. That's decidedly mature. We've gotten to the Mark Twain time-"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers won't be able to tell the difference."
“A wise man told me don’t argue with fools cause people from a distance cant tell who is who”

Shawn Carter> Mark Twain 🤣

Advertisement
For once i would just like to have a healthy team. Feel like we have struggled with injuries for a while now. Which honestly hearing stories like the one from LT recently where he finally had a heart to heart with mario and got his diet right and what not just leaves me scratching my head. Like how with all the people mario brought in especially the sports science guy and the nutritionist are the players just now getting these things fixed the coaches have been with them for almost a year...
Nah you’re wrong, we’ve never had an injury before Feld got here 🤣

And the slinged LB, the DL that have been out, the Stevenson. One of the safeties. Wasn’t J Williams hurt? Aren’t a pair of LBs out still?
I’m confused is this now about contact injuries or not? I mean wasn’t this entire thing talking about how S&C is supposed to decrease non contact injuries like ankles/knees/hamstrings etc? Cause if ila guy gets hit and injured his shoulder are y’all really now saying that is S&C? **** let’s throw in another offensive player - Jacolby George…after all what kind of S&C program allows a guy to break his hand…

Let’s just make this simple, my main issue is y’all saying this is a S&C concern when you have ZERO info about the actual S&C program at all. Like if y’all were coming in here saying Feld is doing x/y/z and it isn’t good, then I wouldn’t even be arguing. It’s the saying ‘well technically this could be the case so now I’ve come back to brag that I’m right’ even though there is absolutely zero way to prove your right and it’s likely impossible to get anything to prove yall wrong. Literally the only thing is saying total injuries is an indication that S&C is an area of concern… and I guess Felds personality on Twitter? I just personally find it dumb and why I’m talking the opposite position. Y’all saying it’s an area of concern with zero info and with zero info I’m saying it’s not

Advertisement
I’m confused is this now about contact injuries or not? I mean wasn’t this entire thing talking about how S&C is supposed to decrease non contact injuries like ankles/knees/hamstrings etc? Cause if ila guy gets hit and injured his shoulder are y’all really now saying that is S&C? **** let’s throw in another offensive player - Jacolby George…after all what kind of S&C program allows a guy to break his hand…

Let’s just make this simple, my main issue is y’all saying this is a S&C concern when you have ZERO info about the actual S&C program at all. Like if y’all were coming in here saying Feld is doing x/y/z and it isn’t good, then I wouldn’t even be arguing. It’s the saying ‘well technically this could be the case so now I’ve come back to brag that I’m right’ even though there is absolutely zero way to prove your right and it’s likely impossible to get anything to prove yall wrong. Literally the only thing is saying total injuries is an indication that S&C is an area of concern… and I guess Felds personality on Twitter? I just personally find it dumb and why I’m talking the opposite position. Y’all saying it’s an area of concern with zero info and with zero info I’m saying it’s not
It's funny to me how a guy who doesn't even know the difference between "you're" and "your" is calling everyone else's arguments "dumb" while you continue to strawman the issue. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but now you're just being an ***.

First of all, you continue to say there's "ZERO EVIDENCE." That isn't true, we do have some anecdotal evidence. We don't have access to the hard data but we do have an uptick in non-contact injuries as multiple people in this thread have laid out for you. Again, no one is saying Feld needs to be fired or put in jail, I'm simply saying this is a cause for concern. I've already told you that the sample size isn't large enough to draw any specific conclusions, but you keep harping on and on about it like I and others didn't think of it or something. I promise you that I understand the null hypothesis in statistics better than you do.

Also, in literally the original post starting this thread, I laid out videos where we can draw out some of Feld's training philosophies. Literally the first ******* post. So just because I'm not actually in the Hecht watching him work and reading his programming, I can still infer my own conclusions about the kind of training he does. And I can also make comparisons to the last S&C coach we had, and the injuries we had under him. We never had guys dropping and tearing **** during warm-ups. There are simply more injuries this year, both contact and non-contact injuries, than there were last year. There are no official reports listed to the public but I don't need one, I know it to be true. Half our ******* team is hurt dude. And so was Oregon's last year, and now, miraculously, they have way fewer injuries than they did previously.

Maybe it's the way Mario makes them practice. Maybe it's Feld's lack of proper programming. Maybe morale is low and nobody is sleeping well. Maybe guys don't give a **** so they're eating McDonald's and drinking liquor every night. Maybe it's a combination of everything.

That doesn't make anyone in this thread wrong for being concerned about the injuries. There are too many variables to say for sure what the cause is, but Feld is part of that equation, whether you like it or not. And all of this has already been laid out and explained to you beforehand, so stop acting like we all wanna throw Feld in jail with "ZERO EVIDENCE" because that's not the case and you know it.

It's funny to me how a guy who doesn't even know the difference between "you're" and "your" is calling everyone else's arguments "dumb" while you continue to strawman the issue. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but now you're just being an ***.

First of all, you continue to say there's "ZERO EVIDENCE." That isn't true, we do have some anecdotal evidence. We don't have access to the hard data but we do have an uptick in non-contact injuries as multiple people in this thread have laid out for you. Again, no one is saying Feld needs to be fired or put in jail, I'm simply saying this is a cause for concern. I've already told you that the sample size isn't large enough to draw any specific conclusions, but you keep harping on and on about it like I and others didn't think of it or something. I promise you that I understand the null hypothesis in statistics better than you do.

Also, in literally the original post starting this thread, I laid out videos where we can draw out some of Feld's training philosophies. Literally the first ******* post. So just because I'm not actually in the Hecht watching him work and reading his programming, I can still infer my own conclusions about the kind of training he does. And I can also make comparisons to the last S&C coach we had, and the injuries we had under him. We never had guys dropping and tearing **** during warm-ups. There are simply more injuries this year, both contact and non-contact injuries, than there were last year. There are no official reports listed to the public but I don't need one, I know it to be true. Half our ******* team is hurt dude. And so was Oregon's last year, and now, miraculously, they have way fewer injuries than they did previously.

Maybe it's the way Mario makes them practice. Maybe it's Feld's lack of proper programming. Maybe morale is low and nobody is sleeping well. Maybe guys don't give a **** so they're eating McDonald's and drinking liquor every night. Maybe it's a combination of everything.

That doesn't make anyone in this thread wrong for being concerned about the injuries. There are too many variables to say for sure what the cause is, but Feld is part of that equation, whether you like it or not. And all of this has already been laid out and explained to you beforehand, so stop acting like we all wanna throw Feld in jail with "ZERO EVIDENCE" because that's not the case and you know it.
man sick burn with the your/you're part!

Feld was at Oregon for 4 years I think. Yet you're only using injuries from one season? Interesting. Feld has been here what just under year total now. How many injuries of the total non-contact were over spring when he was only here like 3 months? So this is an important question how long in your opinion do non-contact injures start being attributed to the new S&C coach/program? Cause judging by the fact you are valuing the injuries so highly at Oregon in yr 4 rathe than the presumable lack of injuries the first 3 years (I have no idea the injury situation at Oregon), it takes a while? Or is it immediately upon stepping on campus and getting kids in the training program he is responsible for any injuries? This is important to know for the argument you are making for why you say there is a clear correlation and its an area of concern.

QB: TVD injured throwing shoulder. Pretty sure it happened in a game. Last year King was injured to his shoulder.

RB: Chaney tore his acl last year. (But lets ignore that along with the fact Cam Harris also had a season ending non-contact injury last year). Injured again this time his hip (If he ever even was healthy) in Spring I believe when Feld was here 3 months? Citizen, we assume a knee injury - literally zero clue what his injury is. He enrolled mid May, was Injured during first scrimmage mid august. Thats exactly 3 months. Parrish has had a few minor injuries, pretty sure during games. Jaylan Knighton got injured again MTSU. He was also injured during spring. But again thats what 3 months of working with Feld vs year of Feeley?

WR: George broke hand/thumb or whatever during game. Restrepo re aggravated a foot injury from HS - I assume we're not going to pin either of these on Feld. Redding out for season with Labrum injury. Don't know what happened there. Not even Brinson has played since before Spring. So again is 3 months enough to assign blame to Feld? Or is that still applied to Feeley? Just curious. Pretty Sure Brashard Smith got injured during a game.

TE: Will Mallory got hurt in a game. Also was hurt during spring with a shoulder injury. And if you wanna think thats on Feld, well he also missed last spring with a shoulder injury. Doubt S&C had anything to do with either. Arroyo, I have literally zero clue what his injury is.

OL: Zion Nelson. Injured last season and has yet to return. (Interesting another injury from last season that has had an impact on this season, but lets ignore that too). Justice got hurt during UNC game, Don't remember what it was. Jakai Clark also got injured during UNC game, think he got rolled up on but don't remember. Denis hurt his knee in game against Duke. Jalen Rivers was rolled up on pretty badly during a play against FSU too. Lot of these I really can't see being attributed to S&C Unless the argument is just that if they were stronger they wouldn't be sustaining these contact injuries as much?

I'm not gunna do this for defense because we both know there have been less injuries on defense and it'd probably be the same story. Is that a lot of injuries? yes. Is it REALLY that many more serious injuries than last year? Not so sure... Am I also supposed to blame Feld for a lot of injuries that happen within just a couple of months of him being here when I seriously doubt that is so much time for their body to just break down due to his teachings... Maybe a year or two from now if a lot of major injuries continues to happen, then I'll maybe say theeres a problem. Otherwise I'm just not seeing it.

At this point, you're either being deliberately obtuse or actually have such poor reading comprehension that I can't tell the difference.

You've made your point: you don't think there's enough evidence to support the claim that Feld has a significant role in the injuries to the team, while I do. That's all you have to say. It's really not that hard to just agree to disagree, but you keep wanting to be a ****, calling everyone dumb, and you continue to strawman how I want to "put" individual injuries on Feld, which is never what I said nor implied.

For the record, I don't want to be right about this. I hope these injuries really are just "flukes," if there is such a thing. We will have more data over the next few years.

Advertisement
At this point, you're either being deliberately obtuse or actually have such poor reading comprehension that I can't tell the difference.

You've made your point: you don't think there's enough evidence to support the claim that Feld has a significant role in the injuries to the team, while I do. That's all you have to say. It's really not that hard to just agree to disagree, but you keep wanting to be a ****, calling everyone dumb, and you continue to strawman how I want to "put" individual injuries on Feld, which is never what I said nor implied.

For the record, I don't want to be right about this. I hope these injuries really are just "flukes," if there is such a thing. We will have more data over the next few years.
So commenting and responding is being a **** now huh? Maybe youre reading my responses with the incorrect tone. This is the internet, and just because I'm responding and disagreeing completely doesn't mean people are typing with vitriol or some ****. Remember how you said you thought this was a message board...

Also I didn't even call you dumb. I said I find the opinion and overall "see I was right" attitude dumb - especially how every single person lately is doing that for like every single coach on this staff this week. I think its very annoying how everyone here is doing that - especially with Mario. And the reason why I'm bringing that up is because I can't "make a causal relationship yet, but I think we all see the correlation" as to why this thread was bumped this week... see You like how I tied that in? lol

Random ramblings….

There do seem to be more injuries this season.

There is sufficient anecdotal evidence from this season and last season at Oregon, i.e, Feld. Seemingly enough to warrant evaluation.

We don’t know the S&C programs each player followed this past off-season or during this season. IG posts of squats tell us nothing.

We don’t know the circumstances of many of these injuries. Lower or upper extremity doesn‘t reveal much.

Perhaps some of it is a combination of being a collision sport and some unfortunate bad luck, like TVD’s shoulder injury (was tackled and landed on awkwardly shoulder…this happens). Parrish seems have missed time with a concussion (head clearly bounced off turf in one game, at least).

Maybe some players are continuing to practice and be physical through minor issues, and not healing properly. I doubt the medical staff would allow an injured player to go full contact in practice, but all the hitting and lifting and conditioning all adds up.

Maybe some of the rules limiting the intensity of practice are backfiring in the long run come game time. Where the intensity is not limited except targeting rules.

Didn’t we barely hit each other in practice under manny. They basically had pillow fights and made each side of the ball feel good about each other.

So injuries are prob up due to that a bit as well as these guys are being asked to actually be physical as a habit and not just on gameday. Tough to turn it on 4-5 days as compared to just game day.

Advertisement
I think when you suck everything needs to be looked at and everything can be the reason..TVD got hurt because Gattis called a dumb *** play that was never going to work and got TVD killed..i think Rivers injury this last week with a crappy oline getting pushed around can be looked at…I’m just saying the players suck, coaches suck and all of that can also attribute to injuries along with Felds program

Mario is 100% to blame, he could've had any strength coach and chose a guy with a poor track record of development and injury rate. The best ability is availability and right now the roster isn't available.

Someone should set Mario straight on load / recovery but with his personality I doubt that's easy to do. In the end Oregon was decimated last year, Miami this year. Back to back seasons.

So 4y into Feld's program and 1y into it, neither looked good for availability data which is rule #2 after rule #1 being don't injure anyone in training sessions.

George is a broken hand, **** happens. Didn't X injure his foot after talk of WR's going to practice after a game? Rest and recovery, boys.

Advertisement
Back