Coaching Failure in 2016

Bruh..”should’ve won” based on what? We always seem to think we have more talent than opponents. Miami in 2016 was not clear cut more talented than any of those teams.especially at the LO. Games with close talent level Is when executing becomes paramount. A 3rd down here or there. A false start, dropped pass/pick etc etc can change that type of game
That’s a 8-4 roster bruh. Losses that’s year were FSU, @Norte dame, at blacksburg, and UNC. The oline was good enough and struggled at times. Also think they were adjusting to a new system on O and struggling in the 4 game loss stretch.
I definitely disagree. We had high impact players on that team. Coaching got us to 8-4 not the roster.

Advertisement
Some thoughts.

* Kaaya was a good QB but he lacked a winner's mindset. He was a swinger not a hitter.
* Walton was far from electric. He was serviceable at best. The running game really took off when he got hurt and Travis Homer became the starter. Which one made the NFL?
* Berrios was a late bloomer who had not yet bloomed in 2016.
And Shaq wasn’t elite in 2016. Kaaya was a statue behind center. Colbert and Redwine were not good in 2016. List goes on. You just can’t say “this team had NFL players so they should have been good”. Context matters.

Some thoughts.

* Kaaya was a good QB but he lacked a winner's mindset. He was a swinger not a hitter.
* Walton was far from electric. He was serviceable at best. The running game really took off when he got hurt and Travis Homer became the starter. Which one made the NFL?

Hmmmm, hold on my brotha. I think u’re misremembering things from 2016.

-Kaaya was pretty dog on good in 2016. 3500+yrds passing on 62% w/ 27 TDs to 7 ints? That’s pretty good.

-Walton put up over 1300 total scrimmage yrds w/ 15 TDs, including 1100+ rushing in 2016. Homer only had 44 total yrds in 2016. Lol

-U r correct about Berrios, that’s b/c we had Coley, and some guy named Richards. Berrios was seldom used. Malcolm Lewis was the 3rd wide out.

U’re also forgetting how great Njoku was this season.

I definitely disagree. We had high impact players on that team. Coaching got us to 8-4 not the roster.
Now go look at the other teams across from us that we lost to. you think it was a clear cut talent advantage in those matchups?

Advertisement
Hmmmm, hold on my brotha. I think u’re misremembering things from 2016.

-Kaaya was pretty dog on good in 2016. 3500+yrds passing on 62% w/ 27 TDs to 7 ints? That’s pretty good.

-Walton put up over 1300 total scrimmage yrds w/ 15 TDs, including 1100+ rushing in 2016. Homer only had 44 total yrds in 2016. Lol

-U r correct about Berrios, that’s b/c we had Coley, and some guy named Richards. Berrios was seldom used. Malcolm Lewis was the 3rd wide out.

U’re also forgetting how great Njoku was this season.

In 3 seasons of starting Kaaya never won a game he was trailing at halftime or down in the 4th, I understand who he had as a coach but a good QB can find a way somehow

Kaaya lost us the FSU game throwing a horrific INT while we were driving to go up 2+ scores starting the 2nd half after a 3 out for FSU

y’all gotta go look at those losses. That 4 game stretch was the heart of our schedule. That was the key stretch. We hadn’t beaten FSU in a while. FSU had a good roster just bad oline play. UNC had a very good roster even compared to us tribusky >>Kaaya. Along with switzer..Mack Hollans along with the other 6”5 dude that was a good WR in CFB. was on that team along with Hood and Logan in the backfield. Va tech went
10-4 That year. Vs the Irish we was *** and couldn’t run the ball. Along with Brad struggling

Brad didn’t play particular well during that 4 game skid. The oline was nicked and couldn’t create push. The decent teams we played, we lost too. I get the numbers. But the bulk of those came against our weaker opponents. That was a 8-4 type of team..for some to comeback in retrospect and say what we should’ve been (especially in this instance over exaggerate our talent in those losses). This some Dallas Cowboys fan type ****.

Takes time for a new staff’s impact to show on the field, 8-4 maybe 9-3 is my prediction for this year too

In 3 seasons of starting Kaaya never won a game he was trailing at halftime or down in the 4th, I understand who he had as a coach but a good QB can find a way somehow

Kaaya lost us the FSU game throwing a horrific INT while we were driving to go up 2+ scores starting the 2nd half after a 3 out for FSU

U know what I love about post like this? It ain’t for CHIT to do w/ what we’re talking about. Are we talking about 2016 or nah? Let me know, b/c last check, unless my IOS hasn’t updated, but the OP is entitled: “Coaching Failure in 2016.” So y did u feel the need to bring up chit we’re not talking about? We’re talking Kaaya 2016, if I remember correctly, Kaaya in 2016 threw 2 TDs & 1 int against FSU, including the last second potential game tying FG. Do u remember y we didn’t go into OT that yr? B/c we couldn’t protect an extra point FG Attempt, that’s why. Also, Dalvin Cook went HAM on us while Yearby & Walton combined for 78 yrds.

Advertisement
U know what I love about post like this? It ain’t for CHIT to do w/ what we’re talking about. Are we talking about 2016 or nah? Let me know, b/c last check, unless my IOS hasn’t updated, but the OP is entitled: “Coaching Failure in 2016.” So y did u feel the need to bring up chit we’re not talking about? We’re talking Kaaya 2016, if I remember correctly, Kaaya in 2016 threw 2 TDs & 1 int against FSU, including the last second potential game tying FG. Do u remember y we didn’t go into OT that yr? B/c we couldn’t protect an extra point FG Attempt, that’s why. Also, Dalvin Cook went HAM on us while Yearby & Walton combined for 78 yrds.

Up 13-3 driving on the FSU 18 yard line and Kaaya throws a terrible INT nowhere near the WR

We were completely shutting down FSU until that INT

Sorry you don’t want to admit Kaaya cost us that game

Great he threw 1 pass to get a TD after Berrios got us inside the 20 on a PR because Kaaya wasn’t going 60+ yards to tie it up at that point well since you know he never did it in his entire career

Up 13-3 driving on the FSU 18 yard line and Kaaya throws a terrible INT nowhere near the WR

We were completely shutting down FSU until that INT

Sorry you don’t want to admit Kaaya cost us that game

Great he threw 1 pass to get a TD after Berrios got us inside the 20 on a PR because Kaaya wasn’t going 60+ yards to tie it up at that point well since you know he never did it in his entire career

Cool story bro; but the fact is u’re blaming the performance on one guy when the running game was absolutely putrid, just like it was putrid against ND, & VT. One game u can blame him solely for is UNC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some thoughts.

Really disagree on Walton. Walton was better a rb than Homer.

Which one made the NFL? Walton was starting games before getting arrested.

That was a pretty talented team. Especially at receiver. Richards, Coley and Njoku were as good a trio as we’ve had here in a long time.

There were holes at certain spots and zero depth at others. It’s the kind of team that goes 9-4 or 10-3. Honestly, they were about where they should have been. It was nice getting a bowl win too.

Advertisement
Back