Coaching Failure in 2016

* Berrios was a late bloomer who had not yet bloomed in 2016.

Berrios had nothing to do with blooming. For whatever reason Richt had Berrios playing outside instead of the slot like was He supposed to. And He had Richards running those dumb *** screens behind the line of scrimmage instead of using Him as a downfield threat.

Advertisement
First year in a new regime. That’s mostly what it was imo. Even saban and Kirby had mediocre year 1s

Let’s slow down. They haven’t coached a game yet.

The 2016 staff looked pretty good on paper, too.

HC - Richt
OC - Brown
DC - Diaz

QB - Richt
RB - Brown
WR - Dugans
TE - Hartley
OL - Searles

DL - Kool
LB - Diaz
CB - Rumph
S - Banda

Searles is like a black hole that will suck the rest of the staff down to his level eventually. Searles apparently being retained by Mack Brown was some of the best news of the offseason.

Can someone explain to me how we went 8-4 in 2016? Looking back, that team had enough talent to go 10-2 or better.

This is prob the most underachieving team in the last 15 yrs. Not to say we had elite talent but this was a relatively talented team that should of beat FSU, ND, and UNC that year.

I wonder how our current staff with Cristobal would do with this roster?

QB - Kaaya was good enough
RB - Walton was electric
WR - Ahmon, Coley, Berrios - NFL players
TE - Njoku, Herndon - NFL players
OL - Avg but serviceable. - Scout Team
DE - Chad, Joe Jack, Trent - NFL players
DT - McIntosh, Norton - Drafted late
LB - Shaq, Pinckney - Shaq is borderline elite
CB- Corn, Mike Jack - NFL players
CB, Colbert, Redwine, M Young - NFL players
S - Rayshawn, J Carter, J Johnson - NFL players

easy, Richt kept running the I-formation

During that four game skid, the offense scored no more than 20 points in any game IIRC

It wasn't till the Pitt game where Richt went more spread that they got back on track

Advertisement
Searles is like a black hole that will suck the rest of the staff down to his level eventually. Searles apparently being retained by Mack Brown was some of the best news of the offseason.

Searles isn’t a good coach, but he must be a **** of a guy to hang out with. He’s gotten Saban, Richt, Mack Brown and Frank Beamer to hire him.

2252DAC9-8F22-41E2-B3AE-6FE678243FD4.jpeg

That o line was an abomination. Plus I remember we had la rash of injuries around mid-season with paper thin overall depth.
That's what I remember most. I seem to remember a bunch of OL and DL getting hurt in the GT and FSU game, leaving us depleted for the rest of that 4 game skid. Once those guys got healthy and the OL rotation was settled on we finished strong and into 2017.

**** is a blur in a sea of 7n5 seasons.. same difference.. hopefully the nightmare ends sooooon

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me how we went 8-4 in 2016? Looking back, that team had enough talent to go 10-2 or better.

This is prob the most underachieving team in the last 15 yrs. Not to say we had elite talent but this was a relatively talented team that should of beat FSU, ND, and UNC that year.

RB - Walton was electric
That’s a 8-4 roster bruh. Losses that’s year were FSU, @Norte dame, at blacksburg, and UNC. The oline was good enough and struggled at times. Also think they were adjusting to a new system on O and struggling in the 4 game loss stretch.

RB - Walton was electric
**** Shaq is doing that good in the NFL? Good for him

Yeah I agree. But the FSU, UNC, and ND games we should of have won.
Bruh..”should’ve won” based on what? We always seem to think we have more talent than opponents. Miami in 2016 was not clear cut more talented than any of those teams.especially at the LO. Games with close talent level Is when executing becomes paramount. A 3rd down here or there. A false start, dropped pass/pick etc etc can change that type of game.

Advertisement
If this was complete truth I would like this post.
Over the last 20 years, we should have won more than what 1 or 2 Coastal titles. I’m not saying we are a top 4 playoff caliber team but we should have had much more success in the ACC. How many years did the coastal champ have like 2-3 conference losses? We won like 1 of those years? It’s a disgrace.

Advertisement
That's what I remember most. I seem to remember a bunch of OL and DL getting hurt in the GT and FSU game, leaving us depleted for the rest of that 4 game skid. Once those guys got healthy and the OL rotation was settled on we finished strong and into 2017.

Those injuries actually made the O-Line better. Linder was a turnstile at C, night & day difference when we put Gall in there. And I believe Darling got hurt at LT, soon as we moved McDermott there our pass pro improved...McDermott had quicker feet.

Those injuries actually made the O-Line better. Linder was a turnstile at C, night & day difference when we put Gall in there. And I believe Darling got hurt at LT, soon as we moved McDermott there our pass pro improved...McDermott had quicker feet.

Gall was actually one of the most improved players that season. He came a loooong way in a short time

8-4 is Diaz level. And the bowl game was against WVA. That’s not too impressive.
Well considering it's our ONLY bowl win in the last 12 seasons (1-10 with no bowl game 2021 due to COVID), any bowl win is impressive...that's how far we've fallen, but the future is bright

Advertisement
Back