Coaching change

Advertisement
Did not know he was a Texan. That could definitely be a factor! Think I read somewhere the Texas job may soon be open too.

Yeah, I learned this from reading the Hokie board.
According to them, Buzz has a big Texas flag in his house.
They are scared shtless that he's returning to his home state.

Look, Coach L was not a lazy hire, he was vetted by a very reputable headhunters. All of which was on the downlow, which is how they roll. Blake James did that. No reason to think that any coach on yalls lists that’s worth a ****, won’t get the same vetting. It worked.

Advertisement
No disrespect but I don’t understand why Miami couldn’t get him. That explains the attitude our decision makers have had (chicken chit simps) but there is no reason he wouldn’t consider us if we gave him a real offer and made him the number one priority.

I am sure our decision makers assumed they couldn’t get a coach like L and they didn’t try. In fact, they didn’t know who he was.

As for talent developer, the game has completely changed. The transfer market is as important as recruiting HS players. Musselman has done it and built something in no time. I don’t care how a coach gets them (i.e. talent); just coach them up and win a chit ton of games.

As for Hoiberg, he is a no brainer too.

I like Bennett, I just don’t see him on par with the other two.
Ok just so you can put your dislike for James aside for a moment, I’ll say this clearly. Blake James is who brought Coach L to Miami. He hired the headhunters, a top company I might add, that vetted Coach L and negotiated the process. Quietly, which is their modus operandi. If y’all don’t understand how this process works,stfu.

Look, Coach L was not a lazy hire, he was vetted by a very reputable headhunters. All of which was on the downlow, which is how they roll. Blake James did that. No reason to think that any coach on yalls lists that’s worth a ****, won’t get the same vetting. It worked.
Blake wasnt the AD who hired Coach L.

Advertisement
Ok just so you can put your dislike for James aside for a moment, I’ll say this clearly. Blake James is who brought Coach L to Miami. He hired the headhunters, a top company I might add, that vetted Coach L and negotiated the process. Quietly, which is their modus operandi. If y’all don’t understand how this process works,stfu.

Wow

1. James wasn’t the AD when he was hired.
  2. That isn’t the story about how L was hired. In fact, our decision makers didn’t know who he was and asked for a resume. Please see the article below.

Wow

UNC board mentions Shaka as a possible replacement for Roy Williams if and when he retires (which, with his age and vertigo) might come sooner than later. So, there's that!

What happened when Rick Barnes left Texas?

Texas is where good coaches go to die. Shaka's a great coach. Gimmie.

Or maybe Rick Barnes is an overrated coach?
For all the years he has coached college basketball, he hasn't won much.
And LOL at wanting to hire Smart if he is canned at Texas.
That formula seems to have worked well at UM.

Advertisement
UNC board mentions Shaka as a possible replacement for Roy Williams if and when he retires (which, with his age and vertigo) might come sooner than later. So, there's that!

Sounds like their basketball board posters are as clueless as some of our fellow board members.
So, there's that!

Are you trying to be funny? Because you're basically come off as a ******* douchebag. We know all these coaches have good talent but I was specifying from a friend's experience and how other top-notch coaches were raving about Mark Few. GTFOH troll

Does your friend have an opinion on Coach K?

coach l makes 2 million. you act like we are paying nothing. we can afford 2.5-3 mil. bruce pearl makes 2.6. we can get smart if he fails at texas.

Advertisement
Don't think coach l will leave after a year like this one.too competitive I'm sure coach will do what needs to be done to get it turned around.when and if he does i d be surprised if he doesn't retire then.when it comes time to hire someone else hopefully it'll be a good quality hire like coach l was.

I live in Austin and Shaka is absolutely awful. VCU has been a cradle of coaches but each one of them has flopped (Capel, Anthony Grant, Shaka) or is now in a **** storm (Will Wade). Ironically, I could see Smart being a target at VT if/when Buzz gets the TAMU job.

Incidentally, Buzz leaving Blacksburg would be great for us as he's been a pain in our asses since he's been there.

Advertisement
Back