Coaching change

Brandonmscane

steenville
So on the radio here in Chattanooga and 4 days ago the host said rumors were Frank Martin is going to Miami’s head coach next year. That Jim Larrañaga would be retiring. I waited as long as I could. Is there any truth to this. I have not seen it on the boards

coachpatg

LET'S GO CANES!!!
LMAO. Coach L 4 more years left on contract, not retiring.
Coach Richt had some years left on his as well, but that didn't stop him from walking away.

coachpatg

LET'S GO CANES!!!
So on the radio here in Chattanooga and 4 days ago the host said rumors were Frank Martin is going to Miami’s head coach next year. That Jim Larrañaga would be retiring. I waited as long as I could. Is there any truth to this. I have not seen it on the boards
As I've stated in some of my other recent posts, I have heard thru HS/AAU coaching circles that Coach L may be stepping down after this season. On more than one occasion based on my convos with these coaches, Frank Martin's name has come up as a possible replacement. In fact, some seem to think that contact has already been made. Who knows? Again, I hope Coach L gets the opportunity to see this thing thru. I still think he's one of the best coaches in the country, just needs to do a better job recruiting.

scane

Redshirt Freshman
It didn’t sound like he was leaving Monday on WQAM when he was talking about holding off on finishing next year’s schedule to see what the committee prioritizes this year or in his comments on filling out next year’s roster in the other thread, but there does seem to be a decent amount of smoke.

I find it hard to believe we would go anywhere near Frank Martin, and certainly think we can do better.

CTCANE

Junior
As I've stated in some of my other recent posts, I have heard thru HS/AAU coaching circles that Coach L may be stepping down after this season. On more than one occasion based on my convos with these coaches, Frank Martin's name has come up as a possible replacement. In fact, some seem to think that contact has already been made. Who knows? Again, I hope Coach L gets the opportunity to see this thing thru. I still think he's one of the best coaches in the country, just needs to do a better job recruiting.
There is NO way he is leaving.. The timing would be terrible. If he were retiring, would have known months ago.

MedleyCane

Senior
You folks keep bringing up his name like this school is going to hire an overrated, if not mediocre, coach
with a shady past in soFla.
Are you folks serious?
Give it up already.