COACHING CANDIDATES THREAD (UPDATES, NEWS, THOUGHTS)

***** the search committe. Get Jimmy Johnson, Jankovich, Vilma and Kosar together.

No input from Blake the Snowflake

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are infinitely better than Louisville as a program even in our current state ?

Again, he wouldnt go to his alma mater why would he come to this place. This place is not much better and he got Purdue to match what UL was offering

Moving Quickly is the opposite of what I want tbh. Recruiting is already absolutely ****ed. Idgaf what happens on NSD in February. I want to make sure we get the right guy

This....Have to get it right this time and I dont care even if we have to go the Ohio State route after they let Tressel go and waited almost a whole year to hire a coach.

Advertisement
...Recruiting Coordinator is fine with me. Just put him in charge of recruiting (who to target) as that is by far his best ability. We do NOT need him to be an on field coach, but I'd love to have him in the program somehow. Just don't think he'd leave FIU for anything less than HC.
He was a solid DC at one time right?

I get the argument against taking a chance on Diaz because he would be a first time HC. But the same thing is true of Brent Venables and some of you are clamoring for him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get the argument against taking a chance on Diaz because he would be a first time HC. But the same thing is true of Brent Venables and some of you are clamoring for him.

Huge difference because Venables comes with a pedigree. On staff at KSU when they went 11-1 and won the conference. Co-DC at OU when they beat FSU in 2000 for the national championship. DC at Clemson in 2016 and it their 3 title game in 4 years. Always terrific defenses wherever he has gone. He has the best defense in the country this year.

Seriously, what has Diaz really done? Diaz has had 1 Top 10 defense. GA at FSU in 1999. Followed Amato to NC State then bounced for DC job to DC job.

Advertisement
Back