COACHING CANDIDATES THREAD (UPDATES, NEWS, THOUGHTS)

**** urban that would be the equivalent of signing Richt
I do not like Urban but he is NOT Richt. Urban has won natties at the last two places he coached. I think he is a scumbag and I don't think I would want him here but he is the most proven coach of any of the others mentioned.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brother, someone needs to fly banners to get James the **** out of Miami before he f#cks it up. He's the sweaty nervous cop with shaky hands in a Law and Order episode who plugs a kid after mistaking a basketball for an AK-47.

UCF's Danny White hired Frost, then Heupel. In baseball he hired Lovelady. Another excellent hire. He needs to run this coaching search.
He also hired buffalo’s fb coach and basketball coach

Dino Babers
Mike Norvell
Cristobal
Huepel

That’s my current preferred candidates

Hmmm close

Heupel
Leach
Babers
Norvell
Cristobal is a CEO coach. Not what is needed at the moment. Dont need a rebuild, need nitrous and a turbo for immediate boost .

Advertisement
It's not 10 mil if the AD leaves before 2020. Drops to 5 mil. It's in Heupel's contract.
Danny is waiting for Jack at Nd to leave or die. That’s his dream job/alma mater and a way to continue his dad’s legacy. He’s going to build his rep at Ucf then take Nd job

Danny is waiting for Jack at Nd to leave or die. That’s his dream job/alma mater and a way to continue his dad’s legacy. He’s going to build his rep at Ucf then take Nd job

Miami is a better job (P5)than UCF. He would improve his resume for the ND job.

Advertisement
whats the time table for hiring the coach? there are a couple decent candidates waiting for the call
Need to have him by August. In the interim, let Blake James and Julio Frenk oversee spring practice. Too bad Donna's not available.

Or we certainly can take the Richt "It's a Wonderful Life" approach and cancel half the Spring practice sessions because they might conflict with Easter and finals are but just 2-3 months away.

Need to have him by August. In the interim, let Blake James and Julio Frenk oversee spring practice. Too bad Donna's not available.

Or we certainly can take the Richt "It's a Wonderful Life" approach and cancel half the Spring practice sessions because they might conflict with Easter and finals are but just 2-3 months away.
By August 2019??

Advertisement
This is completely out of left field. Does he even have any college coaching experience? What would make former players push for this guy?
Former player Vinny Testaverde gave most nonanalytical reason to hire Richt.

No more players or former players selecting coaches. They had a hand in Coker and Shannon hire.

No more Butch and Chrustobal. You people don't remember how much you hated Butch before 2000. I remember Chritobal being put on his *** by Bama DE in Sugar Bowl fiasco.

Just bad taste when mediocre former players come on like high-power coaches. (Richt and Cristobal). Rather have non-players like Manny Diaz and Jed Fisch running things. (And thank God Donna's not available--don't want politically correct first woman coach.)

Advertisement
Back