COACHING CANDIDATES THREAD (UPDATES, NEWS, THOUGHTS)

Advertisement
Advertisement
That would be an incredibly lazy hire.

So I guess we can expect him to be announced shortly.

Oh sweet jesus no. Get Diaz and Cristobal out of my face. Equivalent to Rick hiring Banda after his exhaustive 12 hr national search for a DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brent Venables-HC/LB
Corey Raymond-DC
Jess Simpson-DL
Mike Rumph-CB
Banda-Safety

David Host or Bill Bendabaugh-OC
Rest of offense staff fill in

I dont see the logic in hiring a great up and coming offensive coordinator. They will just end up leaving for a HC job in 2 to 3 years and your back to square 1 again. Yiu need to hire a head coach who is a top of OC as well or DC. Then find an oc or DC who wants to stay an oc or dc

Advertisement
Why would Urban even consider it? Babers could be a possibility and I'd be psyched about that; maybe Mario wants to come home but I doubt it.
Urban and/or Mario would be great. I keep coming back to Babers as the one to take us to the promised land.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is Crisobal or Campbell . It ain't going to be some of the wild *** names people are throwing out . It will be a guy they can get for 2 million or so a year who is an up and comer . It wont be Botch either.

Lol 2 million wouldn’t be enough for Mario or Campbell.

Saban did what he did to Riley because Bama buys recruits. That's not "elite" recruiting. Bama was always an excellent, but not unbeatable team until they bought a the top QB in the country from Hawaii, family and all. You could get the slickest salesman in the world and he will lose all the battles for recruits who want to get paid. We could hire Saban himself and Bama would beat him out for money grubbing recruits. That's not changing. So you have to get a guy who can squeeze the most out of the talent available, which will ultimately be mostly high 3 and 4 stars, with a few 5s who grew up with love for the U. If you think Saban without bags would recruit the same in Miami, then amigo I don't think you know how CFB really works.

If you've been on the board in the last 24hrs you'd know exactly what I think of Saban. If not, you can simply check my post history from last night.

That said, everything starts with recruiting on the trail and up front on the field. Mario just convinced (Herbert) the draft's top QB to return and has a top 6 recruiting class. We need his well-known recruiting ability, S. Fla ties, and experience at Bama to offset the bag game as much as possible, if not completely. You can hire assistants with no personality to scheme and develop talent, because they are much easier to find than elite recruiters.

Advertisement
Back