COACHING CANDIDATES THREAD (UPDATES, NEWS, THOUGHTS)

No way on Schiano, Diaz, Cristobal, Coley.
Need a proven coach that brings instant credibility with recruits in order to salvage this class or a solid X's and O's type.
Make the top dogs turn us down first, then look at Matt Campbell, Kiffin, etc.

Advertisement
Why do you think the old, tried and true names come from James? You've got a guy with alleged sources in @nycane bringing up Mario and pushing for Butch on here. The lack of creativity runs deep and isn't simply coming from a figurehead in James. It is the same way a Mack Brown gets hired at UNC. Too many people are afraid and think "if he did it here once..."

True, it's all a disease. We have been programmed to not only believe there are just no funds for top end coaching...but also to know for a fact that the search will end with some average choice out of a predictable list of average choices.

We need a good coach, not a recruiter. Our list should look like

Mike Leach
Dino Babers
Matt Campbell
Dean Brown

Cristobal went 8-4 with an elite QB in a bad conference. Why do people want him?

Because he is elite at recruiting and you need jimmys and joes unless you have elite Xs and Os. Plus bringing in guys that don’t understand Miami advantages and disadvantages does us no good. see al Golden didn’t want speed and explosiveness which is our geographical advantage in what we produce.

Would build a dominant defense then just would need an elite offensive staff. Knows how to kick every ACC team *** firsthand. Would seemingly be perfect hire if he would hire right OC

Advertisement
Veneables-don't see him leaving Clemson for Miami
Mario-don't see him leaving Oregon
Butch -i don't think miami wants him. JMO
Mark stoops-dont see him leaving UK

My personal targets would be : Mike leach, Matt Campbell
Mario seems to be the fav other than that. Nothing solid except some bot guys who backed butch were the ones most heated
You don't think leach will be heavily considered?

apparently we will be moving quickly... Hope its the right guy though... Take your time if need be but give me the best possible hire!

Some good names thrown up I would have no problem with. Do not want a coach who is not really interested in coaching here except d'ffor the money thrown in his face. Before any offer is made I think they should find out if real interest in the job which you can feel out with proper interviews. .Would like to see a list I actual candidates before I state my preference.

Advertisement
All them names and I don't see butch no where?
...Recruiting Coordinator is fine with me. Just put him in charge of recruiting (who to target) as that is by far his best ability. We do NOT need him to be an on field coach, but I'd love to have him in the program somehow. Just don't think he'd leave FIU for anything less than HC.

apparently we will be moving quickly... Hope its the right guy though... Take your time if need be but give me the best possible hire!

Moving Quickly is the opposite of what I want tbh. Recruiting is already absolutely ****ed. Idgaf what happens on NSD in February. I want to make sure we get the right guy

Advertisement
Nah, you hire innovators as assistants. We need stop the recruiting Ls we take on the trail. Look what Saban just did to Lincoln Riley.

Saban did what he did to Riley because Bama buys recruits. That's not "elite" recruiting. Bama was always an excellent, but not unbeatable team until they bought a the top QB in the country from Hawaii, family and all. You could get the slickest salesman in the world and he will lose all the battles for recruits who want to get paid. We could hire Saban himself and Bama would beat him out for money grubbing recruits. That's not changing. So you have to get a guy who can squeeze the most out of the talent available, which will ultimately be mostly high 3 and 4 stars, with a few 5s who grew up with love for the U. If you think Saban without bags would recruit the same in Miami, then amigo I don't think you know how CFB really works.

58590F85-102C-4470-9BBB-3060CA857CD9.jpeg

Advertisement
My God Major outlets are starting to spew this Rex Ryan crap - I won’t be able to take it if Miami goes that route.

Too early to get excited, but this is doing a great job raising my blood pressure.

Advertisement
Back