COACHING CANDIDATES THREAD (UPDATES, NEWS, THOUGHTS)

Advertisement
Do these guys really buy that recruiting schtick? They think all these magical Alabaga recruiters would do the same thing here without bags and with the current negativity around the program?

Need an offensive wiz who will immediately turn the offense around and win 10 games and put some energy on this dead program.

Amazing how many times this path has to be proven to not work. You learn how to run a program or organize a program. Even guys like Muschamp who go places that could replicate it still tend to fail. Off the top of my head I can’t think of anyone besides Smart who has even had short term success coming out of the Saban tree.

Advertisement
Amazing how many times this path has to be proven to not work. You learn how to run a program or organize a program. Even guys like Muschamp who go places that could replicate it still tend to fail. Off the top of my head I can’t think of anyone besides Smart who has even had short term success coming out of the Saban tree.
Jimbo Fisher has done pretty good

Advertisement
If you want good fruit, don't buy it at the market. Go straight to the tree.

I'd be looking at the entire Alabama coaching staff for the next coaching hire. Someone young and hungry with something to prove and can bring that culture with them.

*Slamming bama*
You mean one of there 20-something (more?) advisers (consultants or whatever they call the coaches on a pay roll that could be coaching elsewhere)...

Current online betting odds

Mario Cristobal +250
Mark Stoops +400
Lane Kiffin +500
Manny Diaz +600
Butch Davis +700
Neal Brown +800
Urban Meyer +2000
Field (Any Other) -200

Advertisement
These former players are intent on killing the program. Same guys who spew the worst ideas every time the job come straight open. They started the downfall with Coker.

How the **** would the players even know who Rex Ryan is?? That has to be bs

They gotta be elite recruiters, first and foremost. The way Bama and UGA have been able to big-timing our program has to be stopped.

1. Mario
2. Urban
3. Butch

Mario just had a top 10 recruiting class and can win the Pac 12
Urban is an effin whack job and will get a much better offer when he uretires... again
Butch ........ maybe, but Miami would have to eat crow after he begged and they scoffed at him

Advertisement
Question. As someone new to this canes insight subculture, I would like to know what happens to Richt slurpers. Do they now become mopers because their guy left? Do we all become one big canes family? Or will knew tribes arise based on who people believe should be hired?

Its been like that since Coker was here...to think this is an attractive HC landing spot for any proven winner is disingenuous and/or stupid.

But it is. Is it a 7 mill a year spot? No? But it’s almost a fact that places like WSU and oksu almost have no real shot of winning a national title.

No, elite recruiter or talent evaluator at the top.

No. Miami won championships with innovators. Winning brings recruits. Rick was considered an "elite" recruiter and you see how that turned out. Don't have time to slowly recruit and build a team. You need someone to make Miami exciting and fun to watch, then recruiting takes care of itself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back