COACHING CANDIDATES THREAD (UPDATES, NEWS, THOUGHTS)

Feldman always puts out the same awful names every time.

I feel like its the only names he knows.

However, tbh, do you - in your heart of hearts - think Miami's creativity is going to be much different than that?

Blake James - if he's the lead on this - will likely just go back to the well on names he was presented with three years ago.

We can talk about who we SHOULD be looking at. I love fantasy booking Gary Patterson or Dino Babers as much as the next guy. But, is there really any doubt in your mind that the #1 candidate to those that matter is Mario Cristobal?

Advertisement
Even Chuck Todd agrees with me....

Todd is a f-king idiot if he thinks we should Randy Shannon this team again.

Let the **** guy go cut his teeth at a lower tier job before we start begging for him back. I think he will be a good coach...just not here, not now. We actually need a new head coach who will tell the **** BOT that a top end DC is not only desired, but f-cking necessary....along with a quality OC.

Xmas shopping 4 elite coaches ! They all in play ! Don’t rain on our parade we have suffered so long ....

[]_[]

Start w Meyer
Make him turn it down

Then go to Patterson, Peterson, Gundy
Only after you eliminate these options do we go w cristobl or someone else.....

Advertisement
Bob Stoops? He’s Mark Richt 2.0

Mario? His record as a coach is terrible

Miami cant afford Urban. We broke the bank with Ricth 4 million a year. Urban demands 7 million or more a season.

Todd is a f-king idiot if he thinks we should Randy Shannon this team again.

Let the **** guy go cut his teeth at a lower tier job before we start begging for him back. I think he will be a good coach...just not here, not now. We actually need a new head coach who will tell the **** BOT that a top end DC is not only desired, but f-cking necessary....along with a quality OC.
F Chuck Todd is a ***** Moron
He is as dumb as they come in life

However, tbh, do you - in your heart of hearts - think Miami's creativity is going to be much different than that?

Blake James - if he's the lead on this - will likely just go back to the well on names he was presented with three years ago.

We can talk about who we SHOULD be looking at. I love fantasy booking Gary Patterson or Dino Babers as much as the next guy. But, is there really any doubt in your mind that the #1 candidate to those that matter is Mario Cristobal?
If it’s up to Fake he’ll get bullied by the former players into a list of Booch, Stoops, Chud and Mario.

Advertisement

Why do you think the old, tried and true names come from James? You've got a guy with alleged sources in @nycane bringing up Mario and pushing for Butch on here. The lack of creativity runs deep and isn't simply coming from a figurehead in James. It is the same way a Mack Brown gets hired at UNC. Too many people are afraid and think "if he did it here once..."

He seems pretty comfortable, but man, I would love to have him here.

Him with our defense..... Just have to get him money for a top OC
I think it was even quoted last night, that he's far too competitive to leave the position he's in. He loves winning too much to have to deal with building something, or much worse dealing with the disaster at Miami. Besides he's barely paid less than our HC is (or would be) in his coordinating position

Advertisement
Start w Meyer
Make him turn it down

Then go to Patterson, Peterson, Gundy
Only after you eliminate these options do we go w cristobl or someone else.....
I don't believe any of those guys would consider the job. Why would they? Some Miami fans have an inflated sense of worth about this gig.

Advertisement
**** yeah but I don't see them doing it. We know this much they cant afford to not hire a top name / coach.

Agree with this. In my opinion, $4 million is the low end of the salary range for the next coach. It's got to be a big(ish) name.

Miami cant afford Urban. We broke the bank with Ricth 4 million a year. Urban demands 7 million or more a season.
I don’t think it will ever happen but I don’t think it would have anything to do with money. Next year we start getting ACC network money.

Advertisement
Back