Coaches deserve most of the blame. Here's why.

Advertisement
If it's the coaches, why are we paying them top dollar like we are? We coulda hired the MTSU staff for chump change and got at least this level of competitiveness.

If Manny said this, we would have accused him of throwing the kids under the bus. Better if he would have said, "If someone’s not COACHING hard, they have to go COACH somewhere else. What we have to do requires tough people. To turn a program, rebuild it, it requires tough-minded people willing to do the work…IT STARTS WITH ME.”

Advertisement
lane kiffin dancing GIF by FAU Athletics

Tough to get buy-in when what you’re asking players to do makes them look even worse than they already have.

I’ll repeat: it’s not one thing. It’s everything. My biggest concern is a philosophy that seems to be based on accountability doesn’t look like it applies to the coaching staff themselves. Through their own actions, they’ve already changed their initially terrible offensive plan. Now, we hear more and more how things are about discipline and execution. Come on, man. Let’s keep things consistent. It’s all awful. It should be owned.

Advertisement
Tough to get buy-in when what you’re asking players to do makes them look even worse than they already have.

I’ll repeat: it’s not one thing. It’s everything. My biggest concern is a philosophy that seems to be based on accountability doesn’t look like it applies to the coaching staff themselves. Through their own actions, they’ve already changed their initially terrible offensive plan. Now, we hear more and more how things are about discipline and execution. Come on, man. Let’s keep things consistent. It’s all awful. It should be owned.

If Mario was a poster on this board, he’d be posting “I’m done” threads

It’s both and ppl who think it’s only the coaches or only the players have an agenda because either the coach wasn’t their choice or the player is not their favorite player.

coaching matters and the best practices and scheme you deploy matters.

It’s also true the cream rises to the top.

And there are just certain guys that at this stage of their college careers aren’t going to suddenly morph into word beaters.

Is there enough talent on this team to beat Duke?

sure if you don’t fumble 5 times.

And for all the football gurus who post here I have a question: What’s the scheme for your OG getting beat by an undersized Saftey on a blitz?

Oh that’s right….”more WRs outside the numbers bro”.

Anyways….

Obviously Gattis is not living up the hype, along with Rooster, James Williams and a host of others.

At least we’re spending money on facalities and croots and we have the foosball czar Zo to be the voice of reason behind the scenes right…

Right????

Back in the day I believe the term was “soft shouldered”

Well I don’t want to be that.

So I guess I’ll just have to have faith.

These games are tough to watch and even tougher to suffer through on this board in the postgame.

But i guess after 20 years it just becomes apart of the experience.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back