Coaches deserve most of the blame. Here's why.

As I said Mario needs a big talent advantage to be successful. He’s not going to out coach people on Saturday’s. The sooner people wrap their hands around that the better. Blaming the culture or current roster won’t change that.
Unless he adjusts like Saban did, He’ll never do more than get us respectable, if we are lucky and this class doesn’t fall apart. It would ultimately be an upgrade I guess but whatever

Advertisement
As I said Mario needs a big talent advantage to be successful. He’s not going to out coach people on Saturday’s. The sooner people wrap their hands around that the better. Blaming the culture or current roster won’t change that.
So he knows that that's why he recruits the hardest of anyone but we can agree that this formula can be successful

Advertisement
Not sure any of them looked good last year. Ivey and Stevenson seem to be playing better than last along with Flagg. Not good enough but better than last.
We had a really good offense last year the second half of the season. The young guys were all flashing. Knighton had a bunch of big plays.

Buy in. The coaches didn't get it from these players. Even from early on you could see the disinterest and blank stares from TVD and others on offense. As a coach you have your philosophy (what you're all about and what we're gonna do) and then you have the implementation of that philosophy, meaning getting buy in from the players. Without buy in from the players, your philosphy doens't mean **** no matter how brilliant it is. These players haven't bought in at all. They're making penalties, making boneheaded plays, exhorbitant turnovers, poor technique, freelancing....these are all signs of guys that just don't care.

Some people see all that stuff from the players and simply conclude that the players stink. You know what the odds are that we assembled an 85 man roster consisting of an average recruting class ranking of 13 and everyone stinks? Off the charts astronomical. It's not a realistic or logical conclusion. We don't have playoff contending talent, but it's better than this. Better than what they are showing. These guys are all playing worse than their talent because they're not trying. THAT is on the coaches. It's the coaches job to sell their vision to the players and to get them to buy in. It's the coaches job to motivate the players. As a coach if you can't do those things, you failed.

Now, Mario can still get buy in from another group of players in the future (his guys etc). Maybe in a couple years when the roster has been turned over he'll be able to put together a team that's fully bought into his vision. Even if that happens, this time period that we're in now is still a massive failure by Mario because he was not able to sell his vision to the current players and get them on board. That's what we're paying him $8 million a year to do and he failed.
Maybe a part of Big Manny's plan doesn't depend on getting but in from these players.

He's messaged that theme from the start.

We had a really good offense last year the second half of the season. The young guys were all flashing. Knighton had a bunch of big plays.
We have done a terrible job finding creative ways to get Knighton the ball, that I agree

When i read Stevenson weekly olr montly column and he said MC asked him .."What happened?" after the MTSU loss....its all i needed to know.

Advertisement
now none of them were any good last year lol. the ****ign defending that goes on for the Columbus ***** boy is incredible. purge all miami guys forever

you already know which Ones cape for that miami guy in here. its hilarious the mental gymnastics.

I loved that wheel route Knighton scored on at least twice.

He’s a solid multi-purpose back, not a 25 carry, ‘pound the rock’ type.

8-10 carries, mostly outside, 5-8 catches out of the backfield.

Instead his confidence is shot, and to be honest he’s been dinged up.

My uninformed fan opinion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Buy in. The coaches didn't get it from these players. Even from early on you could see the disinterest and blank stares from TVD and others on offense. As a coach you have your philosophy (what you're all about and what we're gonna do) and then you have the implementation of that philosophy, meaning getting buy in from the players. Without buy in from the players, your philosphy doens't mean **** no matter how brilliant it is. These players haven't bought in at all. They're making penalties, making boneheaded plays, exhorbitant turnovers, poor technique, freelancing....these are all signs of guys that just don't care.

Some people see all that stuff from the players and simply conclude that the players stink. You know what the odds are that we assembled an 85 man roster consisting of an average recruting class ranking of 13 and everyone stinks? Off the charts astronomical. It's not a realistic or logical conclusion. We don't have playoff contending talent, but it's better than this. Better than what they are showing. These guys are all playing worse than their talent because they're not trying. THAT is on the coaches. It's the coaches job to sell their vision to the players and to get them to buy in. It's the coaches job to motivate the players. As a coach if you can't do those things, you failed.

Now, Mario can still get buy in from another group of players in the future (his guys etc). Maybe in a couple years when the roster has been turned over he'll be able to put together a team that's fully bought into his vision. Even if that happens, this time period that we're in now is still a massive failure by Mario because he was not able to sell his vision to the current players and get them on board. That's what we're paying him $8 million a year to do and he failed.
The players who have had mediocre performances at best, are to run the show? We got Mario who won the PAC 12, a Rose Bowl, etc. and Gaddis who put 40 points plus on Ohio State, should deferred to the players who haven't done squat here

Tough to get buy-in when what you’re asking players to do makes them look even worse than they already have.

I’ll repeat: it’s not one thing. It’s everything. My biggest concern is a philosophy that seems to be based on accountability doesn’t look like it applies to the coaching staff themselves. Through their own actions, they’ve already changed their initially terrible offensive plan. Now, we hear more and more how things are about discipline and execution. Come on, man. Let’s keep things consistent. It’s all awful. It should be owned.
Again we are asking our poor players how many times to get one yard on 3rd and 4th down, seems like every college team can accomplish this except the players we got

Advertisement
Back