COACH Travis Williams (LB’s) is available, Would you add him as a LB’s coach to our staff

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Highly doubt it.

I think Manny really wants Baker to work as the DC, but he understands he couldn’t justifiably keep him as the main play caller on Defense after the UNC embarrassment, so he took play calling away from Baker but kept him on under the guise of after this season if the Defense returns back to “normal” under Manny then he can hand it back over to Bake for 2022 & say “see he learned under me how to not let the Defense slide off a cliff & now he’s all better & can call plays again!”

Manny doesn’t believe his defense is an issue, he just thinks if the players just executed it correctly then everything would be fine. He believes in Baker because Bake is his disciple & he’s not gonna part ways with Baker until Baker decides he wants to go elsewhere.

In all honesty, I’ll be shocked if T-Rob is even on staff after this season.
🐐 with the original reverse jinx

Advertisement
He's with SOTU.

I'm trying to put the puzzle pieces together. If Diaz hires T-Will, then I think that's all the available position coach jobs and there isn't room for a DC (and he's not making T-Rob DC or that would have been done already). It sounds like Diaz is still looking for a full time DC. Best I can figure, the only way he can make that happen is by moving Patke to an off-field role (which I think is the right move). Don't think Patke would care as he just got a big fat raise. More pay and less responsibility? Yes please.

Advertisement
I'm trying to put the puzzle pieces together. If Diaz hires T-Will, then I think that's all the available position coach jobs and there isn't room for a DC (and he's not making T-Rob DC or that would have been done already). It sounds like Diaz is still looking for a full time DC. Best I can figure, the only way he can make that happen is by moving Patke to an off-field role (which I think is the right move). Don't think Patke would care as he just got a big fat raise. More pay and less responsibility? Yes please.
Manny would be the DC is Twill is hired, IMO.

Manny would be the DC is Twill is hired, IMO.

I can't say I'm a fan of that move. Not that Diaz is a bad DC, I just think it's too much for him to handle both HC and DC jobs at the same time. I'd prefer he take over as ST coach, Patke as an analyst can help him. That way it frees up another position coach job.

I can't say I'm a fan of that move. Not that Diaz is a bad DC, I just think it's too much for him to handle both HC and DC jobs at the same time. I'd prefer he take over as ST coach, Patke as an analyst can help him. That way it frees up another position coach job.

That's why you bring Shoop in as an analyst. He handles the weekly game planning and Manny only has to worry about calling plays. Plenty of HCs call plays.

Advertisement
Back