COACH Travis Williams (LB’s) is available, Would you add him as a LB’s coach to our staff

Advertisement
I can't say I'm a fan of that move. Not that Diaz is a bad DC, I just think it's too much for him to handle both HC and DC jobs at the same time. I'd prefer he take over as ST coach, Patke as an analyst can help him. That way it frees up another position coach job.
Manny was an elite DC at Miami.

what a huge upgrade if were able to add him!! Recruiting would explode! Plz make this happen Manny!!!!!

Advertisement
Solid, not elite
In college, you don't need to be an "elite" DC or have the ability to split atoms, in order to have an elite D. If you recruit elite athletes, teach them solid fundamentals and to be aggressive and tough, you will have an elite D. I believe we are on our way to this very thing.

Advertisement
A staff that can recruit would be a welcome thing around Miami, imo. We now also have some recruiting resources. Improving analytics and recruiting support (and obviously evals) remain needs but this can start to make sense as an approach. I’ll reserve judgment on Manny’s efforts here but it’s been two decades since we’ve had a staff that understood the importance of recruiting and evals, didn’t have crap schemes and had a clue on process. Hoping we can get back to that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A poster on Rivals is saying that he has heard Williams has several other offers - One is a Defensive QC job with an NFL team, and a LB/DC position with an American Athletic Conference team, and some position with Florida. Ferman confirmed they have heard this too.

supposedly he is letting Manny know his decision in the next day or two.

A poster on Rivals is saying that he has heard Williams has several other offers - One is a Defensive QC job with an NFL team, and a LB/DC position with an American Athletic Conference team, and some position with Florida. Ferman confirmed they have heard this too.

supposedly he is letting Manny know his decision in the next day or two.

This is interesting considering Miami is the best offer of what is mentioned above.

AAC team DC/LB - is a step down, because UC just hired Mike Tressel as DC, so that leaves UCF and UH as the next two deepest pocket programs. UCF will have a new staff soon and u of Houston is dumpster fire.

NFL defensive Quality Control - could be very interesting, but I think TWill enjoys molding young men to much to leave the college game.

Miami - I am thinking there is the @DMoney small town comfort moving to the urban city with his family concern. Twill would have to move to western Broward county to get that same suburban Auburn Alabama vibe, which would make his daily commute roughly 1 hour each way. But in the end I think there are a few areas in Miami-Dade that could work.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back