COACH Travis Williams (LB’s) is available, Would you add him as a LB’s coach to our staff

That's why you bring Shoop in as an analyst. He handles the weekly game planning and Manny only has to worry about calling plays. Plenty of HCs call plays.

Some of the most reputable posters are saying that a DC might still be in the works though. So can't figure how that happens with T-Will. Seems to be an "either / or" scenario.

Advertisement
Just wondering, if Twill was that good, why didn’t LSU go after him than Baker? Please explain

Because Baker was esteemed to be a better fit for the HC and staff?
Baker is from that part of the country, knows the state well and Orgeron got a chance to play against his defense. In fact, if you look up articles leading up to that game, Orgeron had alot of praise for how Baker ran that LT defense, which racked up crazy number of sacks that season. Also, as I mentioned before, Baker's Dl coach Rick Petri, is highly regarded in coaching circles, including Coach O, and there was probably a chance Petri recommended Baker to the LSU coach. Finally, can't overlook the optics of hiring a DC to your staff as positional coach, especially SEC program trying to emulate Alabama.

Because Baker was esteemed to be a better fit for the HC and staff?
Baker is from that part of the country, knows the state well and Orgeron got a chance to play against his defense. In fact, if you look up articles leading up to that game, Orgeron had alot of praise for how Baker ran that LT defense, which racked up crazy number of sacks that season. Also, as I mentioned before, Baker's Dl coach Rick Petri, is highly regarded in coaching circles, including Coach O, and there was probably a chance Petri recommended Baker to the LSU coach. Finally, can't overlook the optics of hiring a DC to your staff as positional coach, especially SEC program trying to emulate Alabama.
**** forgot about Petri. He was awesome when he was here.

Yes.....theres a chance
morgan freeman laughing GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Sustainable? I'll take a LSU year like 2019. Winning a championship in 2021 then ****ting the bed in 2022 is just fine by me.

I understand what you're saying but do you honestly think people would give Manny a break in 2022 if this happened in 2021 (not that I think it's happening)? Weren't people ready to run Ed O out of town this past season even after he gave them a season for the ages in 2019?

Advertisement
Back