COACH Travis Williams (LB’s) is available, Would you add him as a LB’s coach to our staff

Advertisement
Highly doubt it.

I think Manny really wants Baker to work as the DC, but he understands he couldn’t justifiably keep him as the main play caller on Defense after the UNC embarrassment, so he took play calling away from Baker but kept him on under the guise of after this season if the Defense returns back to “normal” under Manny then he can hand it back over to Bake for 2022 & say “see he learned under me how to not let the Defense slide off a cliff & now he’s all better & can call plays again!”

Manny doesn’t believe his defense is an issue, he just thinks if the players just executed it correctly then everything would be fine. He believes in Baker because Bake is his disciple & he’s not gonna part ways with Baker until Baker decides he wants to go elsewhere.

In all honesty, I’ll be shocked if T-Rob is even on staff after this season.
I agree “manny“ does want Baker with him as DC cool/ he can still hire a LB ( Position coach/analyst position coach ) and use Him in other roles , YES MANNY DOES Believe in his defense that’s cool, and if he thinks the players does not execute it properly then this is a must need to bring in a position coach like“ linebacker coach “ T-WILL for developing/ young players , so he can go head and believe in baker just move him to another role / title .

if any thing , it would be successful bring in T-ROB , SIMPSON, and a coach like T-WILL .that wold be in his favor and still as a HC control his defensive unit along with managing the team Overall/ being HC .... ...with baker as an assistant dc/ or unknow title because that’s what it is Just titles in the end.

Attachments

• 5DCBE075-6BDC-4FDB-83AC-208FC2B0E552.jpeg
    5DCBE075-6BDC-4FDB-83AC-208FC2B0E552.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 2
Patke is a glorified analyst anyways. strip baker of the LB title, and give it to Williams. Make Patke an administrative assistant
Admin Asst.....I'm dying over here mane :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ....yall boys too hard on Patke....Baker yeah, I even cringe when I hear recruits mention that they spoke to Baker as the lead recruiter, instantly makes me think UM doesn't think we can get them but since they're putting us in their top 3,000 the optics/politics of recruiting says we have to have a coach to reach out lol.

Realistically though, how can we make this happen? We lost what 3 on field coaches (Rumph-Banda-Stroud) then we brought in 3 on field coaches (TRob-Simpson-DVD) so unless TWilliams takes an analyst position I'm not seeing how we get him if Manny doesn't reassign Baker. I know one thing though, if CMD is indeed looking into ways to bring him onboard (which i have zero knowledge that this is the case) he'd better move quick because TWilliams isn't going to be available very long. I'm shocked he's not already at Tenn with Steele tbh.

Admin Asst.....I'm dying over here mane :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ....yall boys too hard on Patke....Baker yeah, I even cringe when I hear recruits mention that they spoke to Baker as the lead recruiter, instantly makes me think UM doesn't think we can get them but since they're putting us in their top 3,000 the optics/politics of recruiting says we have to have a coach to reach out lol.

Realistically though, how can we make this happen? We lost what 3 on field coaches (Rumph-Banda-Stroud) then we brought in 3 on field coaches (TRob-Simpson-DVD) so unless TWilliams takes an analyst position I'm not seeing how we get him if Manny doesn't reassign Baker. I know one thing though, if CMD is indeed looking into ways to bring him onboard (which i have zero knowledge that this is the case) he'd better move quick because TWilliams isn't going to be available very long. I'm shocked he's not already at Tenn with Steele tbh.
Quick note , DVD was already there , he held a paying position , they just moved Him , so really it was just 2 they brought in ( T-rob & Simpson ) I have to look and see about tally lockette going to marshall as rb coach if so , that’s a spot as well , marshall hired Charles huff from Alabama as new HC ,as well.....We just need to bring him in ...I’m sure T-Rob is mentioning his name to come , having ties together. 👍🏾

Advertisement

I bet Patke makes an excellent cafecito with perfect espuma every time.

Advertisement
Quick note , DVD was already there , he held a paying position , they just moved Him , so really it was just 2 they brought in ( T-rob & Simpson ) I have to look and see about tally lockette going to marshall as rb coach if so , that’s a spot as well , marshall hired Charles huff from Alabama as new HC ,as well.....We just need to bring him in ...I’m sure T-Rob is mentioning his name to come , having ties together. 👍🏾
Yeah but off field positions don't impact the # of on-field positions. I'd have to look it up to see exactly where we stand, but before I confused myself I thought the on-field roles were already taken...we may have an analyst role open but I doubt TWill would take that unless CMD convinced the BOT to really open that checkbook....and even then he still couldn't help us with recruiting but so much due to restrictions on off field coaches reaching out etc.

Advertisement
He's already come out and said he took a pay cut to be here. Usually, guys like TRob dont work under guys like Baker for long (ex: Banda).
He was a DC at USCe. Makes sense he would take a pay cut. LSU looking at Baker's salary in the same way. According to them, he makes $700K. Too much even for the wealthy SEC to pay for a position coach... Will Baker take a pay cut?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back