COACH MARIO [is great, but do we have enough talent to win now?]

Advertisement
we have the talent to win every game on our schedule. We wont win them all, but not because we're less talented, other than Clemson maybe
If we're going strictly off recruiting rankings, Texas A&M and Clemson are more talented and UNC is probably a toss up.

UNC roster and UM roster is a coin clip. But 8 wins is insane if we say the challenge is the coaching and development in years past.

We will have the best QB in every single game this season. You can argue UVA but I don’t think there’s another argument where we go in without the best QB.

We 100% need 5-6 more players:
- RT
- DE
- DT
- LB
- CB
For sure and maybe 2 will be above average starters elsewhere

Easily enough talent and depth to win the Coastal. Maybe enough depth and talent to win the ACC if Clemson struggles again. Nowhere near enough talent or depth yet to compete in the playoffs against teams like Bamma or UGA.

Advertisement
We don't have the horses at OL/DL.. now if we hit the Portal and get 4 or 5 good big uglys then we cooking

With the current roster we can be good, probably 10 wins.. If we pick up a few surprise portal entry's that become immediate contributors than we can be a top 10 team

I'm fascinated at the sudden effort to lower expectations by some here (not just in this thread). 2 years ago we were 8-2 regular season with one of those losses to the #1 team. Last year if Van Dyke had been starting from the beginning we likely would have eeked out those 3 and 4 more points against UVA and UNC, giving us 9 wins. He starts this year from the beginning with much more experience.

And what sort of "predictions" did we hear at the beginning of the last 2 seasons from CIS? Not so much predictions as angry demands that there are "no excuses" for anything less than 10 wins and that failure to do that would be a "fireable offense." Well where did all that go? We've been reading gushing comments for the last couple of month about how outrageously more competent this new staff is than the last one, so with the new class and new coaches, why is lack of talent such a limitation that was NOT supposed to limit the last staff?

Were people lying before about their expectations? Or are they lying now about the vast difference between the staffs? Pick one. You can't have it both ways

If we're going strictly off recruiting rankings, Texas A&M and Clemson are more talented and UNC is probably a toss up.
having the best QB on the field makes a big difference too, which we'll have vs all 3 of those teams

Advertisement
I'm fascinated at the sudden effort to lower expectations by some here (not just in this thread). 2 years ago we were 8-2 regular season with one of those losses to the #1 team. Last year if Van Dyke had been starting from the beginning we likely would have eeked out those 3 and 4 more points against UVA and UNC, giving us 9 wins. He starts this year from the beginning with much more experience.

And what sort of "predictions" did we hear at the beginning of the last 2 seasons from CIS? Not so much predictions as angry demands that there are "no excuses" for anything less than 10 wins and that failure to do that would be a "fireable offense." Well where did all that go? We've been reading gushing comments for the last couple of month about how outrageously more competent this new staff is than the last one, so with the new class and new coaches, why is lack of talent such a limitation that was NOT supposed to limit the last staff?

Were people lying before about their expectations? Or are they lying now about the vast difference between the staffs? Pick one. You can't have it both ways
Go back to sleep.

Easily enough talent and depth to win the Coastal. Maybe enough depth and talent to win the ACC if Clemson struggles again. Nowhere near enough talent or depth yet to compete in the playoffs against teams like Bamma or UGA.
This. Playoff talk should not even been on the table until at the latest 2024 if the recruiting and development trend up. Have to also hope around that time Garcia/Brown have fully matured at the QB postion.

What gives me hope is that we have a top 3 QB in the country (IMO). Line play will be a major issue; but I do think we have the capability to be competitive every game.

Advertisement
Just like EVERY friggin year since we joined the ACC....we have enough talent to win the Coastal and get to ACC Championship game....That still remains true

I simply expect Mario's record to be better than Manny's was.....and for us to play up to our potential....instead of assuming that every team will fold when they play us simply because we're the "U"

You cannot ignore the gaps on this roster. Especially the amount of guys coming off injuries. Who can we truly depend on to produce at an All-ACC level on this team? TVD, Mallory, Nelson and Hedley maybe Scaife lol we have some talent that haven’t performed yet like JW, AW, LT, the running backs, the WR’s, Arroyo, Skinner. With coaching I hope they take the next steps. But then we have places where we just aren’t good enough. DE, LG, C, RT, DT depth, Mike, Will, CB.

Anyone that feels great about this roster and expects us to roll through the coastal is delusional. We need 2 years to upgrade/develop talent.

Right now this is clearly a 8-4 type of roster.

Advertisement
Why can’t this fan base be patient? How about setting your expectations for the ‘23 and ‘24 seasons?
People with low IQ’s knee jerk to situations all the time. The same ones thinking playoffs or championships will be the same ones to kill Mario when he loses his first game, instead of having perspective on the situation.

Miami will need another year or two to fix their Defense and OL.

My Mfkn dawg!!! Talk to these n!ggas mane.

They stay trying to move the goal post.
I seriously couldn't have typed it better myself.

This **** bothers the **** out of me. I'm not giving ANY coach built in excuses.

Mario done assembled this super staff and they're getting paid handsomely.

8-4 my ***. 10 wins. Get it done.

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

I don’t think there’s any question that Mario has put together one helluva of staff that should be able to maximize the talent we currently have. Add a few pieces here and there and I believe we can reasonably expect 9-10 wins.

Advertisement
Back