COACH MARIO [is great, but do we have enough talent to win now?]

Is a blessing but do we have the talent this year to go far this yr. It's awesome to land him but are we going to OK talent wise.
Let’s see, we just came out of that Mandy era…uh, yup, we ready to win now and get a NC.

Advertisement
Traditionally our last 4 head coaches start out by saying we have enough to win and then gradually change the narrative to "we knew what we had and it will be several years."

But this staff is different. We are thin in some places but definately have enough talent to win right away. Also we have the coaching staff that would find away to win even if we didn't.

It all depends on how they recruit movingforward. If they didn't land Klublick, I would agree 100%. Looking at Clemson's 2019 #7 ranekd class, they had 14 blue chips (3 5-stars) of 29 players. They took an unusually high 14 3-stars. From that class, they have lost 8 of those 14 (6 transfer, 2 NFL) leaving them with a very weak senior class. On the other hand their junior class is very strong. They have 17 of 23 players as blue chips including 5 5-star players. Their 2021 class has 16 blue chips out of 18 players with 3 5-stars. The 2020 and 2021 classes will make or break Clemson's future. The bad part for them is that a lot of 2020 class is going to declare for the 2023 NFL draft.

The whole key for Clemson is whether they can get back to recruiting top 10 classes. I don't think they will. Like you, I think they're sliding. NIL has changed the game. I see them recruiting in the 15-20 range in their future.

We know Mario is going to kill it in recruiting. We should have top 5 and top 10 classes on a regular basis. I don't expect us to ever have a class outside of the top 10.

So, I think Miami and Clemson are two ships in the night passing each other in opposite directions.

I actually hope FSU and Florida can recruit better as long as we get whoever we want. A stronger Big 3 weakens Alabama, UGA, Clemson, and Ohio State.

I think the college football landscape will change in 3-4 years. Texas & Texas A&M are going to keep a lot of their kids home and recruit nationally. The same for USC. This will bring competive balance to college football where Alabama, Georgia, and the rest won't be insanely loaded.
I think that’s the hope now for the entire world. I agree with the ships passing in the night.

Advertisement
Back