Coach Dennis Erickson will be in attendance on Saturday

Advertisement
Fact#3 - Butch follows Erickson, and the program is in the tank. So he starts over. And leaves - with Clappy taking the reins.

The program had 10+ NFL starters in it when Butch took over.

It's only considered "ion the tank" by Butch fanboys because he failed so miserably to win anything.

I'm curious - who are the 10+?

Are you talking starters or backups? Because if it's backups, then any coach at Miami can make that claim. If it's starters, then your claim is a stretch...I don't see "10+". Splitting hairs a bit but still...

Yatil
Blaise (started a few games here and there)
Lang
Lewis
Holmes
Mack (was he even a starter for cincy?)

Who were the others?

Advertisement
Trollin' hard are we? No shame to your game.

Again, the performance of fanboys on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Some guy throws out the cliche line that Erickson's championship teams were Jimmy's. I then ask if this years' team is Al Golden's.

The response I get?

I'm trolling.

Good grief.

Get some sense.

You asked a stupid question, what do you think the answer is going to be? Stop asking ignorant lawyer type leading questions.

Every coach that takes over for another coach is going to have that other coaches players. So in some regards some of these players "are" Al's. But none of Al's finger prints are on this program now, so this is completely CMR's team. Total culture change, attitude, expectations, and so on. Again stupid question from a troll.

Get some sense.

I'm curious - who are the 10+?

Are you talking starters or backups? Because if it's backups, then any coach at Miami can make that claim. If it's starters, then your claim is a stretch...I don't see "10+". Splitting hairs a bit but still...

Yatil
Blaise (started a few games here and there)
Lang
Lewis
Holmes
Mack (was he even a starter for cincy?)

Who were the others?

These were the guys who played multiple years in the NFL. All of them started at least 1 game except Gaiter and German.

Ray Lewis (17 years in NFL, 1st Round pick)
Kenny Holmes (7 years in NFL, 1st Round pick)
Kenard Lang (10 years in NFL, 1st Round pick)
Yatil Green (3 years in NFL, 1st Round pick)
Jammi German (4 years in NFL, 3rd Round pick)
Twan Russell (7 years in NFL, 5th Round pick)
Nick Williams (8 years in NFL, 5th Round pick)
Tremain Mack (4 years in NFL, 5th Round pick)
Derrick Harris (4 years in NFL, 6th Round pick)
Tony Gaiter (2 years in NFL, 6th Round pick)
Scott Covington (2 years in NFL, 7th Round pick)
Earl Little (8 years in NFL)
James Burgess (2 years in NFL)

And these were the guys who played at least 1 year or was drafted and didn't make a roster.

Marcus Wimberly (1 year in NFL, 5th Round pick)
Carlos Jones (7th Round pick)

Advertisement
You asked a stupid question, what do you think the answer is going to be? Stop asking ignorant lawyer type leading questions.

It wasn't a stupid question. You just didn't like the corner that it painted the original poster (and you?) in.

If Erickson's championship teams were Jimmy's than is team Golden's?

Simple question that requires a simple answer.

So, in other words, many non starters. You can make the same arguements for every coach we've had here - always have had NFL talent when transitioning coaches.

Every coach that takes over for another coach is going to have that other coaches players. So in some regards some of these players "are" Al's. But none of Al's finger prints are on this program now, so this is completely CMR's team. Total culture change, attitude, expectations, and so on. Again stupid question from a troll.

Oh Ok.

So you're being selective.

Gotcha.

Advertisement
Long enough to know that a team that has Bernie Kosar, Eddie Brown, Alonzo Highsmith, Willie Smith, Melvin Bratton, etc...isn't a one hit wonder.

That's not what I said though.

A program that had never been any good suddenly won a championship in 1983. Then their coach left.

It was seen as a one-hit wonder program.

Then they went 8-5 the following year.

The expectations were not close to the same for Erickson and Coker.

So, in other words, many non starters. You can make the same arguements for every coach we've had here - always have had NFL talent when transitioning coaches.

11 guys who started games in the NFL including 7 on defense alone.

So my statement stands even though I know you tried to refute it.

1995 was a bad team considering all of this.

Last edited:
I use to love when Erickson would come to recruit at Columbus. Coach Lavelle would call him Arthur and would tell us that he would get liquored up at My Fathers Moustache. Good Times
Dennis Erickson goes into a bar in Arizona and sits down next to a lovely young lady.He says"I'm Dennis Erickson
former coach of U of Miami,former coach of the 49's and I've been married three times."Young lady says"I thought
I read that you had been married twice."
Dennis replies"That true,but I believe I've met number three!'...............True story.

Advertisement
The program had 10+ NFL starters in it when Butch took over.

It's only considered "in the tank" by Butch fanboys because he failed so miserably to win anything.

I supported Butch for the latest opening, but agree with you here. Butch's biggest underachievement IMHO, was that 99' team, should've won 11 games that year.

11 guys who started games in the NFL including 7 on defense alone.

So my statement stands even though I know you tried to refute it.

1995 was a bad team considering all of this.

2 of those 7 had 8 starts between them their entire career. I'm not sure what is even the point of this thread. Are you saying that Butch had plenty of talent when he took over compared to Alf, Dennis and Randy when they took over?

2 of those 7 had 8 starts between them their entire career. I'm not sure what is even the point of this thread. Are you saying that Butch had plenty of talent when he took over compared to Alf, Dennis and Randy when they took over?

I'm saying he had plenty of talent to win more games than he did in 1995-96 and he's benefited from decades of fans pushing this false narrative that probation killed the program before he got there.

The sanctions weren't announced until December 1995 (after the 1995 season was already over).

The impact didn't really hit the roster until 1997.

He inherited NFL talent and couldn't even win the Big East.

Oh Ok.

So you're being selective.

Gotcha.

LOL, ok. Wasn't being selective, just holding you accountable for your moronic trollboy question. Which if asked in a courtroom would be objected to and ignored.

Advertisement
Back