Coach Dennis Erickson will be in attendance on Saturday

Advertisement
If there's a time for that dude to come back, it's now when all he needs to say to avoid an *** chewing is last UM coach to beat ND. That changes on Saturday. Aside from this particular opponent, I don't want to be reminded of that dude.

Aside from this particular opponent, I don't want to be reminded of that dude.

He's in town to be the special host of the UM Celebrity Golf Tournament. So he's helping the school raise money. Of course they're going to have him at the game on Saturday.

That "dude" went 63-9 and he can legitimately use this famous Patrick Roy line.

"I can't hear you. I've got two championship rings plugging my ears."

He's in town to be the special host of the UM Celebrity Golf Tournament. So he's helping the school raise money. Of course they're going to have him at the game on Saturday.

Cool man. Glad he's helping out the U. To me, he's still a sleazeball who decimated the program. His teams were hella fun to root for though. All I'm sayin is I don't feel strong enough about it to have an argument with a fellow Cane fan who likes the dude, but he ain't my cup of tea and I'm not the only one who feels that way. Dude inherited a monster and left us in a world of hurt.

Don’t know what your issue with Erickson? He was a **** of an offensive coach ahead of his time who won 2 NCs for us. So he liked his booze, so do I.

Advertisement

Cool man. Glad he's helping out the U. To me, he's still a sleazeball who decimated the program. His teams were hella fun to root for though. All I'm sayin is I don't feel strong enough about it to have an argument with a fellow Cane fan who likes the dude, but he ain't my cup of tea and I'm not the only one who feels that way. Dude inherited a monster and left us in a world of hurt.

2 Rings isn't something to sneeze at. Didn't like the way the program spun out of control under his leadership. But Jimmy was one of a kind in handling "personalities" like we had. No way Richt puts up with behavior that we saw from players like Winslow. Erickson was a decent coach who lost control of his team.

I use to love when Erickson would come to recruit at Columbus. Coach Lavelle would call him Arthur and would tell us that he would get liquored up at My Fathers Moustache. Good Times

Advertisement
Could care less about the booze. He allowed the NCAA in the tent, but not only that, he left the program culturally bankrupt from a winning standpoint. Dude was handed the keys to the most powerful kingdom in the History of the World, and handed us back North Korea.

Like I said earlier, it was a fun ride, but a helluva painful fall and recovery. You wanna lick his ***, go ahead. I choose to view him as a caretaker who achieved what many other coaches in the country could also have achieved given what he walked in to, and he ran our **** into a ditch.

Erickson = Coker, only worse.

For a younger Cane, what was the difference between Erickson and Jimmy teams?

Advertisement
The 89 notre dame game was an amazing night for Coach Erickson. He out-coached Lou Holtz every step of the way that night. There's two examples that still come to mind:

1). 3rd and goal from the 8 yard line just before halftime. Lou Holtz was positive that Erickson would go for the TD so he put his dime package in. Erickson called a fullback draw and the running back walked into the end zone, untouched. (I can't come up with the kid's name - RB from New York). (I ******* hate getting old)

2). 3rd and 43: Holtz was positive that Erickson would play for field position so he put in his base 4-3 defense. Erickson calls a quad seem route and Craig Erickson hits Randal Hill for a 45 yard gain and another Miami Hurricanes..... FIRST DOWN.

And he won you 2 N.C. You are an idiot.

Advertisement
The Electricity in the OB in 89 was insane! I loved watching our players come out of the tunnel and start walking right toward ND.

At great risk of you insulting my intellect, nice post. Love the quote.

Could care less about the booze. He allowed the NCAA in the tent, but not only that, he left the program culturally bankrupt from a winning standpoint. Dude was handed the keys to the most powerful kingdom in the History of the World, and handed us back North Korea.

Like I said earlier, it was a fun ride, but a helluva painful fall and recovery. You wanna lick his ***, go ahead. I choose to view him as a caretaker who achieved what many other coaches in the country could also have achieved given what he walked in to, and he ran our **** into a ditch.

Erickson = Coker, only worse.

This had much more to do with the UM admin then Dennis Erickson. They were the ones that rolled over to the NCAA. He just won games.

2 NCs

More than any other canes coach.

I’ll overlook whatever his failings are.

It is THE U and those NCs matter. JJ left two in the table plus that last year in South Bend but we ignore that. Dennis left a mess but also left more hardware than anyone and Hill's to great memories, 3 and 43, the shoot out in the tunnel at Cotton Bowl. Plus I remember ing at the refs about the ridiculous penalty, you could see him mouth say "fuc.. you, we will win anyway."

Advertisement
Back