CMR: "We gotta fill that stadium" for Ga Tech game

Advertisement
The mere fact that tickets are being sold for $6 is an embarrassment to us all. Anyone within a 3 hour driving distance who does not attend will be branded a traitor to the realm.
im not with this comment. Im a diehard, loyal fan. i legit would rather watch most Canes games at home in the AC, with good angles of the whole field. Idgaf about the cost of tickets. many colleges sell tickets for cheap, shouldn't stand as an embarrassment to us at all.

Well, of course. I would much prefer to watch the game on my 55 inch under the ceiling fan with a cooler of IPA and Jameson in the freezer just in case I'm feeling frisky. The point here IMO is that going to the game is beneficial to the team; I feel like there is a correlation with performance. Going to the game is a sacrifice for sure; true fans need to invest both time and money into their team. Go to the game.

The mere fact that tickets are being sold for $6 is an embarrassment to us all. Anyone within a 3 hour driving distance who does not attend will be branded a traitor to the realm.
im not with this comment. Im a diehard, loyal fan. i legit would rather watch most Canes games at home in the AC, with good angles of the whole field. Idgaf about the cost of tickets. many colleges sell tickets for cheap, shouldn't stand as an embarrassment to us at all.

If you're remotely close to the stadium, then you're part of the problem.

You're never allowed to complain when we get "attendance jokes" from other schools.

You're also not allowed to complain when recruits choose to go somewhere else bc we absolutely have one of the worst gameday atmospheres in the country.

Fans complain about product on the field, but refuse to make the ONE contribution they can do.

If we can get 55k there we've done well. Place will get loud.

As far as "why should I go when I can watch from the comfort of home", how about supporting our players and helping give them a real home field advantage for an important game. For pretty minimal cost.

Advertisement

You're never allowed to complain when we get "attendance jokes" from other schools.

You're also not allowed to complain when recruits choose to go somewhere else bc we absolutely have one of the worst gameday atmospheres in the country.

Fans complain about product on the field, but refuse to make the ONE contribution they can do.

If you could provide me with one example of that that would be great, how many games have you been to?

Over 5,500 tickets available on StubHub, starting at $6. Let's fill the bish up.

Update: STILL 4,735 tickets available on Stubhub, starting at $6. There's also thousands of seats still available on UM's website. WTF, Canes fans. 48 hours til kickoff. Ranked top 10, coming off a huge win over our biggest rival. What the **** is your excuse?

Standing by for the excuse machine.

Fans in south florida who don't go are literally the WOAT.

****, if I lived within 5 hours of the stadium, I'd go every single week.

Makes zero sense. And there's ALWAYS excuses...

It's too hot.
It's going to rain.
The parking is too spread out.
The parking is expensive.
The opponent isn't good.
There's too many other things going on this weekend.
The seating is uncomfortable.
The food at the stadium sucks.
The music played at the stadium is bad.
The stadium is too far away.

Just a few of the hundreds of excuses I've personally heard from one of the worst fanbases out there.

I wonder why coach Richt is constantly imploring on Twitter for people to come to the game and offering positive reinforcement for those who do?

Advertisement
I wonder why coach Richt is constantly imploring on Twitter for people to come to the game and offering positive reinforcement for those who do?

Because it's important for the program to fill seats. No players want to play in a stadium that's 60% empty.

If you could provide me with one example of that that would be great, how many games have you been to?

If you're honestly going to sit there and say that gameday atmospheres and crowd energy doesn't impact a recruit's decision, then there's no reason in continuing this conversation. I guess recruits only choose to visit game days because of the free food lol.

And I've lived in Georgia and was stationed in NC and California. Live in Pensacola now.

I've been to at least one home game every year since 2005 except for 2014 (was deployed).

On top of that, went to 2005 peach bowl, 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2016 @ GT, and went to 2013 @ UNC.

Again, if I lived within 5 hours of the stadium I'd get season tickets and be at every game.

Richt is ****ed/embarrassed.

There's a reason he's always talking about it. "Why wouldn't a fan want to come cheer on their guys in a game this big?"

He's been in the SEC for the past 15 years where fans actually give a **** enough to show up to games.

Miami has a lot of awesome/die hard fans, but the MAJORITY are frontrunning and weak.

Advertisement
I'll also add that Miami has a lot of fans spread out across the country.

This is why we typically "travel well" at away games.

Richt is ****ed/embarrassed.

There's a reason he's always talking about it. "Why wouldn't a fan want to come cheer on their guys in a game this big?"

He's been in the SEC for the past 15 years where fans actually give a **** enough to show up to games.

Miami has a lot of awesome/die hard fans, but the MAJORITY are frontrunning and weak.

I agree; it is embarrassing that our coach has to persuade fans to come to the game. I'm sure he has better things to do. Not a good look. We need to pick that **** up.

Advertisement
I can't believe people are actually arguing over this, and I can't believe someone said they'd rather watch the game at home.

FŪCK YOU.

You are NOT a “diehard, loyal fan”. Loyal fans would legit show up. Only fake-*** cūnt fans like you stay home when they can actually go to a game.

Turn in your cane card, pūssy.

If you're honestly going to sit there and say that gameday atmospheres and crowd energy doesn't impact a recruit's decision, then there's no reason in continuing this conversation. I guess recruits only choose to visit game days because of the free food lol.

And I've lived in Georgia and was stationed in NC and California. Live in Pensacola now.

I've been to at least one home game every year since 2005 except for 2014 (was deployed).

On top of that, went to 2005 peach bowl, 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2016 @ GT, and went to 2013 @ UNC.

Again, if I lived within 5 hours of the stadium I'd get season tickets and be at every game.

No actually you made a silly statement that's not based on fact. All I'm saying is that while that may be the case there's never been one instance where a recruit explicitly stated that's why they're not going to Miami. Schools all over the country are having issues with ticket sales.
Did you see the empty seat for FSU & UF last week, that was never the case. Did you see the empty seats at VT vs Clemson? Are you kidding me? Should Miami have better attendance, of course, but this is not a new phenomenon.
In reality if you compare Miami to every other school with a similar situation of being in a Metro city with pro franchises we fare just about the best of all of them except for USC & UCLA.

and thank you for your service.

Last edited:

No actually you made a silly statement that's not based on fact. All I'm saying is that while that may be the case there's never been one instance where a recruit explicitly stated that's why they're not going to Miami. Schools all over the country are having issues with ticket sales.
Did you see the empty seat for FSU & UF last week, that was never the case. Did you see the empty seats at VT vs Clemson? Are you kidding me? Should Miami have better attendance, of course, but this is not a new phenomenon.
In reality is you compare Miami to every other school with a similar situation of being in a Metro city with pro franchises we fare just about the best of all of them except for USC & UCLA.

and thank you for your service.

They might not have said it out loud, but we do know for a fact that other schools use it negatively recruit against us. Even former Canes, like Lamar Thomas when he was at Louisville was using it.

Advertisement
Back