CMR Spotting GT 7 free points

Advertisement
I like the balls Richt had in taking a risk, just didn't work this time. Hope he tries more ballsy stuff like that tho.

Win or lose I have no issues with the call...............the execution was ****.

Richt played to win. Like I said, if it works, we scored before half time, came out and got ball, domination from that point on. You want a neutered coach if you don't like that call. We failed because Berrios made bedroom eyes at the football, the kicker didn't kick it far enough, and we didn't have a safety back.

One of the worst calls I've seen recently. It is what it is, we won.

We were lucky to be down one entering the half and just got our sea legs. Most importantly you never f with momentum , we finally got it at the half. The late score had us jacked going to the locker room.

Coaches always told me "you never F with momentum if it's on your side, especially end of halves/games", and that was boarder line an insane call. He would've been killed by everyone all week if 81 don't catch that pass.

But we won but I call it like I see it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I liked the call it looks to me like it hit Berrios in the foot and bounced back, should have had a guy back to prevent the TD

Good call. Poor kick by Bagsley and bonehead play by Berrios to not fall on the ball and take the penalty.

Advertisement
Watch the replay. Ball bounced at Berrios feet, no one within 10 yards. Kick went 7 yards. Berrios was waiting for it to cross line to jump on it, while it bounced the GT player closed. If kick goes 10 yards, Berrios falls on it, and I feel it breaks GT's back at beginning of 2nd half. If Berrios falls on it and gets flagged, no big deal, Richt likely felt we had figured out the GT offense (he was right, we gave up 3 points total in 2nd half). What happened was the absolute worst case scenario. It happens sometimes. Like GT having double coverage on Langham, have play perfectly defended, and DL catches a deflected pass in the rain. Good play calls, just bad luck. Don't neuter Richt for taking a calculated risk just because everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

Sorry, corch call in that situatiion in this game. Would love the call in other games, but not this game with how the first half played out. We had the momentum...don't like it when youre playing a GT team with that ****** option that likes to run off 8-10 minute drives to limit how many drives you get. If were up two scores, sure go for the jugular...struggled in the first half and finally got something going, kick the ball and let the defense get going.

Only reason half the board is now okay with the call was because we pulled it out...if we lose by 2 or 3 because of that ****, everybody would be roasting him.

Last edited:
Sorry, corch call in that situatiion in this game. Would love the call in other games, but not this game with how the first half played out. We had the momentum...don't like it when youre playing a GT team with that ****ty option that likes to run off 8-10 minute drives to limit how many drives you get. If were up two scores, sure go for the jugular...struggled in the first half and finally got something going, kick the ball and let the defense get going.

You want a coach who manages the game safely and doesn't take chances to seize an opportunity and put a dagger in his opponent on the opening kick of the 2nd half. I think I have Al Golden's email address somewhere. I'll PM it to you and you can tell him how much you would rather have him coaching this year.

Advertisement
Was berrios fault no Richt

Keep in mind had we kicked off and GT gotten a td they would have eaten up 5-6 more minutes at least and we could still have lost

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

loved the call, we were in perfect position to recover it but it didnt go 10 yards, cant blame CMR for that it wsa a great call just bad execution.

Sorry, corch call in that situatiion in this game. Would love the call in other games, but not this game with how the first half played out. We had the momentum...don't like it when youre playing a GT team with that ****ty option that likes to run off 8-10 minute drives to limit how many drives you get. If were up two scores, sure go for the jugular...struggled in the first half and finally got something going, kick the ball and let the defense get going.

You want a coach who manages the game safely and doesn't take chances to seize an opportunity and put a dagger in his opponent on the opening kick of the 2nd half. I think I have Al Golden's email address somewhere. I'll PM it to you and you can tell him how much you would rather have him coaching this year.
Its not a fuggin dagger when we were still losing the game. DL doesn't pull down that miracle catch and you and everybody else would be calling out this dumbass call all season long. Kicking the ball off after the half when you have all the momentum is not playing it safe...you act like we had a 14+ point lead and were playing everything conservative, gtfo.

Advertisement
Like many here, I don't oppose the call, just extremely poor execution by both Berrios, and Badgley. We happened to get lucky it didn't come back to haunt us

Would love the call in other games, but not this game with how the first half played out. We had the momentum...don't like it when youre playing a GT team with that ****ty option that likes to run off 8-10 minute drives to limit how many drives you get.

Huh?

That's exactly why he did it.

To steal a possession.

You don't onside kick the ball in that situation. D was playing better and Miami had momentum. Horrible call!!! Langham bailed out Richt in this game. His play calling and decision making was horrible in this game. From 3 fades to 5'9 receivers in the red zone to the onside kick. He single handedly kept them in the game.

Weird I saw Rosier throw those balls. Better get my eyes checked

Hated the call, because you're telling the team you don't think we can beat those other guys by a point in the second half, straight up.

Advertisement
Back