CMR Spotting GT 7 free points

Would love the call in other games, but not this game with how the first half played out. We had the momentum...don't like it when youre playing a GT team with that ****ty option that likes to run off 8-10 minute drives to limit how many drives you get.

Huh?

That's exactly why he did it.

To steal a possession.
No ****, and look what happened...we got the extra possession while giving them another 7 points. Exactly why I dont like it in this game...we had the momentum to not need gimmick bullsh!t.

Advertisement
I'm not criticizing the call but I don't think we needed it.
We ended the half with all the momentum. The defense had actually started to stopped them.

That call killed the spread. Could have killed us. It is better to play GT from in front then behind. That being said, I don't hate the call. It just didn't work. I do agree with torocane, we didn't need it at the time. Still don't hate... Im drunk

Prime example of fans not being able to separate the call from execution. Worst case scenario should have been GT with good field position

Advertisement
i was more ****ed with the 3 and 11 HB draw vs. that call.. now the execution of the onside was pretty bad.

That was my thought as well. Other than that call, the rest of the drive was a clinic.

No ****, and look what happened...we got the extra possession while giving them another 7 points. Exactly why I dont like it in this game...we had the momentum to not need gimmick bullsh!t.

Your post made absolutely no sense.

You said you didn't like the move in a game where Georgia Tech limits possessions.

But that's why Richt called it.

To steal a possession.

Our fans don't even know what they're talking about half the time.

on a wet field??? fking atrocious call

An onside kick on a wet field that catches the other team by surprise is a bad call? GTFOH. Some of you are the worst fans. Complain that Richt is too conservative, takes a chance that doesn't work and he is the WOAT. Ridiculous.

I didn’t personally like it at that time but I’m not second guessing coach either. That’s the mentality I want. Just like going for the td against fsu. I didn’t like it there because of momentum and we’ve played much better in second half’s this season. With that said, we gotta live with the results both ways. It happens.

Advertisement
I like the ballsy call. Just not executed correctly. Berrios has to take the penalty in that situation or at least prevent the scoop and score.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It was a ballsy call, but why I can't get onboard with it was it was completely unnecessary. We have proven over the course of the last year and a half that our defense always plays lights out in the second half...why on earth take the chance. Yes it was there if we executed it...but the worst possible result occurred and almost ruined our season. Our D shut them down completely in the second half, and that should have been expected - no need to try to get cute. Kick it deep, smack them upside the head, and get the ball back.

Nice to see Richt taking chances.. It was there for the taking (must have seen it on film), just bad execution all around.

Advertisement
It was a ballsy call, but why I can't get onboard with it was it was completely unnecessary. We have proven over the course of the last year and a half that our defense always plays lights out in the second half...why on earth take the chance. Yes it was there if we executed it...but the worst possible result occurred and almost ruined our season. Our D shut them down completely in the second half, and that should have been expected - no need to try to get cute. Kick it deep, smack them upside the head, and get the ball back.

My last word on this: a conservative coach kicks the FG against FSU. A conservative coach doesn't trust Langham to come through two weeks in a row. A conservative coach doesn't go for the kill at the beginning of the second half. The D gave up 3 points in the 2nd half. 99% of the time, an onside kick that fails just means you give the other team good field position. Ordinarily that is bad juju, but when you have the other teams offense figured out, it's a calculated risk. Again, gave up 3 total. Richt was trusting his D to stop them if the onside failed. They had no kicker, so Richt felt he could keep them out of end zone, as the D had since middle of 2nd quarter. What happened was the worst possible thing that could have happened, and only made possible because Berrios didn't jump on it. He falls on it, even if it squirts out, everyone dog piles trying to grab it. Play is over. Multiple players had breakdowns in execution, which is how an onside kick turns into 6 instead of a short field. Richt made a ballsy call that GT was obviously not ready for if you watch the replay. IMO, we get that recovery and we cruise to victory. We don't get recovery, they get short field and we force punt, we cruise to victory. What happened is that our players just utterly failed on execution, and almost handed GT the game. That's on them, not Richt.

Last edited:

Your post made absolutely no sense.

You said you didn't like the move in a game where Georgia Tech limits possessions.

But that's why Richt called it.

To steal a possession.

Our fans don't even know what they're talking about half the time.

And when it fails...you know because onside kicks are extremely low percentage plays, what happens? You essentially LOSE a possession by being down an extra 7 in a game where it is very critical to not lose possessions. Losing a possession in this type of game is way more crucial than gaining a possession. That is precisely why I dont like it against GT. We didnt need it...and the result was even worse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude how do you make up an extra 7 points...It then took TWO possessions to take the lead instead of ONE...it is equal to a lost possession.

Just admit that your post was stupid.

First you didn't even understand what you were saying and now you're trying cover for the incorrect claim that we lost a possession.

We didn't lose a possession, think tank.

Go think about it for second and then get back to me.

Dude how do you make up an extra 7 points...It then took TWO possessions to take the lead instead of ONE...it is equal to a lost possession.

Just admit that your post was stupid.

First you didn't even understand what you were saying and now you're trying cover for the incorrect claim that we lost a possession.

We didn't lose a possession, think tank.

Go think about it for second and then get back to me.
Sure man, it took 2 possessions to win the game after that dumbass call...im good.

Advertisement
Back