CMR Spotting GT 7 free points

on a wet field??? fking atrocious call

An onside kick on a wet field that catches the other team by surprise is a bad call? GTFOH. Some of you are the worst fans. Complain that Richt is too conservative, takes a chance that doesn't work and he is the WOAT. Ridiculous.

are you ******* stupid? a wet field affects the way the ball moves on an onside kick...so it doesnt ******* matter if it catches them by surprise if the ******* thing plops on the ground like a potato and only goes 3 yards...it was an unnecessary risk. they hadnt done **** after the first qrtr. Bet on beating them straight up. I've never said **** about richt being too conservative take your strawman and your ****** logic tfoh

Advertisement

An onside kick on a wet field that catches the other team by surprise is a bad call? GTFOH. Some of you are the worst fans. Complain that Richt is too conservative, takes a chance that doesn't work and he is the WOAT. Ridiculous.

are you ****ing stupid? a wet field affects the way the ball moves on an onside kick...so it doesnt ****ing matter if it catches them by surprise if the ****ing thing plops on the ground like a potato and only goes 3 yards...it was an unnecessary risk. they hadnt done **** after the first qrtr. Bet on beating them straight up. I've never said **** about richt being too conservative take your strawman and your ****ty logic tfoh

Call Al Golden. Tell him you miss having a gutless coach.

Honestly it turned out bad but I have no problem with trying it.

I was annoyed at the thought of having to watch Ga Tech drive it down the field for 8 minutes of game time after the half anyway.

are you ****ing stupid? a wet field affects the way the ball moves on an onside kick...so it doesnt ****ing matter if it catches them by surprise if the ****ing thing plops on the ground like a potato and only goes 3 yards...it was an unnecessary risk. they hadnt done **** after the first qrtr. Bet on beating them straight up. I've never said **** about richt being too conservative take your strawman and your ****ty logic tfoh

Call Al Golden. Tell him you miss having a gutless coach.

Awesome. Glad to know I made you realize u sound like a clown

Advertisement

Well really it wasn't a true onside kick because the ball was never grounded so our players would have had to wait for the ball to hit the ground first before they can recover. K can't touch the ball on a free kick unless it has been grounded and gone 10yds. Kick catch interference if they touch it in the air without it being grounded.

Sorry but I strongly disagree with some of the posters. There was NO REASON to attempt the onside kick. We had all the momentum and CMR had a major brain fart just like his play calling. So he doesn't go for the 2point conversion the first time but decides to execute an onside kick. I love CMR and what he has done for this program but he is a LIABILTY as a day game coach and offensive coordinator. I love the character of this team and they never quit.

The thing I hated about it was that Badgely's kick was terrible and didn't go far enough, Berrios stared at the ball like he was on punt coverage, and no one did anything to stop the GT dude from running it in for an easy TD.

Would've been an awesome call if none of those things happened and Miami recovered to take possession.

Sorry but I strongly disagree with some of the posters. There was NO REASON to attempt the onside kick. We had all the momentum and CMR had a major brain fart just like his play calling. So he doesn't go for the 2point conversion the first time but decides to execute an onside kick. I love CMR and what he has done for this program but he is a LIABILTY as a day game coach and offensive coordinator. I love the character of this team and they never quit.

Not going for two and taking the sure point is why we won the game on a fg. I'm done arguing with people who don't understand game management. A coach can make the right call, but players let him down. Is that on the coach? You can argue that the onside kick wasn't a chance we shouldn't have taken in that scenario. I can see that. I would argue that I like the aggressive approach and players screwed up a good idea. But to say it is evidence that Richt is a liability as a game day coach is sheer stupidity. We were a walking MASH unit today, missing almost 5 starters. Three top 10 teams playing inferior opponents lost this weekend. Miami and Richt found a way to remain the ONLY undefeated team in the ACC. We held GT to a a season low in yards as well. Richt is doing just fine.

Advertisement

Not going for two and taking the sure point is why we won the game on a fg. I'm done arguing with people who don't understand game management. A coach can make the right call, but players let him down. Is that on the coach? You can argue that the onside kick wasn't a chance we shouldn't have taken in that scenario. I can see that. I would argue that I like the aggressive approach and players screwed up a good idea. But to say it is evidence that Richt is a liability as a game day coach is sheer stupidity. We were a walking MASH unit today, missing almost 5 starters. Three top 10 teams playing inferior opponents lost this weekend. Miami and Richt found a way to remain the ONLY undefeated team in the ACC. We held GT to a a season low in yards as well. Richt is doing just fine.

Well said

Onside kicks are low percentage plays. You stand a better chance if they are not expecting it, but it is still a low percentage play. I don't mind some aggression, going for it on 4th and short on their side of the field for example. But I feel that particular call was foolish.

are you ******* stupid? a wet field affects the way the ball moves on an onside kick...so it doesnt ******* matter if it catches them by surprise if the ******* thing plops on the ground like a potato and only goes 3 yards...it was an unnecessary risk. they hadnt done **** after the first qrtr. Bet on beating them straight up. I've never said **** about richt being too conservative take your strawman and your ****** logic tfoh

I was just gonna say this.

Can't expect some people to understand this ****. It takes someone who actually knows ball.

The god **** kick was fine. The ball fvckin' died because the field was soggy. Terrible call in that situation.

We just scored and were only down by 1. Kick the ball deep and play defense.

Fans love that stupid **** because it's "ballsy". Yeah rah rah! Big nuts! GTFOH. **** almost lost us the game.

Fine line between ballsy and stupid.

Advertisement

Can't expect some people to understand this ****. It takes someone who actually knows ball.

The god **** kick was fine. The ball fvckin' died because the field was soggy. Terrible call in that situation.

Fans love that stupid **** because it's "ballsy". Yeah rah rah! Big nuts! GTFOH. **** almost lost us the game.

Lol u still butthurt that your boy Moore ain't getting any love from richt? You used to be all up on golden's jock strap back in the day. Now you sound like a jilted high school coach. S Florida prep coaches are the absolute WORST, I tell you.

I would have preferred that Richt keep that onside kick in his back pocket until we were up by two scores, which had he kicked deep, I think we had them figured out and lead 30-17 going into 4th. Successful Onside kick at that point ends the game with a full quarter to go. Even if it goes terribly wrong, as it did, you still have safe lead against a O that doesn't score quickly. Good aggressiveness and idea, just feel that it happened too early and players botched it. My risk /reward calculation would have been different.

Some of you guys are retarded. It didn't start raining until well into the third quarter. The field was not "soggy".

Advertisement
Even without the poor execution, the onside kick was unnecessary. UM had all the momentum starting the 2nd half. GT shot its wad early in the game. Richt should have had more confidence in his defense, especially since it was only a 1-point game. Let GT have the opening kick. The defense had figured out the GT option and was ready to shut them down, as the 2nd half showed with GT scoring only 3 points on offense. Only mistakes could have cost UM the game.

Play calling on after the Thomas catch was horrendous. Homer is a stud. He could carry three defenders into the end zone. It should have been running plays all the way after the Thomas catch. Then, in the play just before Langham Miracle II, Homer runs with the Canes needing big yards for a first down. The play calling, which in normal situations seems ok, becomes irrational in key situations.

Yet, the Canes get a win against a conference foe. Can't argue with that. UM is already miles ahead compared to the previous regime.

No issue w/ the call - a good kick and we're in position to recover.

It caught GT by surprise. They got lucky. I want Richt to take chances. He had faith in defense that they could stop GT on a short field (and I think we could have, don't think the D gave up points 2nd half). Just bad luck that Berrios didn't jump on it, even if short of 10 yards.

It did. The execution was what killed us. If tech is gonna beat ya it's better that they do it on a shorter field to save clock. I think ultimately there was confidence in keeping them out of the endzone but Richt didn't want them putting together a 6 minute 80yard clock-killing drive to start the second half.

I don't believe it had rained before the 3rd quarter... but carry on...

Advertisement
Back