CMR Presser from today

That tells you a couple things:

1. He's not worried about getting a QB dinged up because there are probably a few guys who are basically interchangeable;
2. He wants to see how a couple guys react to live conditions. Kaaya looked like a world beater wearing that red jersey in practice last year.

#2 is where I'm at. He knows that "Kaaya Syndrome" is real and possibly contagious. Especially if you're looking for your QB to be more mobile, you want to see what they can/can't do when the bullets start flying. Also helps your defense deal with a legitimate moving target. As Richt put it "we want to know is it REALLY a sack or isn't it?"

"Kaaya Syndrome"????? every school in the country including high school teams have a non-contact jersey for their assumed starting QB the only reason this is even an option is because there are so many different candidates of similar playing level. It will help distinguish who's better fit in live game situation absolutely ZERO to do with Kaaya it's about time we stop dragging his name through the mud, he's gone and we should focus on the future savages we have on deck. It does help with the defense finishing plays but that's not a primary concern, CMR said himself that's the plan for now if he doesn't chicken out.

Perhaps I was being too glib. I realize the non-contact jersey is standard procedure. The "Kaaya Syndrome" thing was mainly alluding to how Brad was so good when he could throw "clean" and yet so bad under any kind of perceived pressure. That kind of thing gets in a QB's head, and the move to a live-contact QB might be in part a reaction to that as well. That's all I was saying.

Understood, however these notions goes for any QB they all tap dance when there's pressure if they're an immobile pocket passer that's the only issue I have with the "Kaaya Syndrome" thing no-one should expect a QB to take shot after shot after shot and believe that he won't begin to hesitate and play worse. He was under direst for most of the season and happened to deliver, maybe not as much as we would like but he did make plays under pressure.

Taking shots isn't the whole point. Does the QB know when to step up, can the create more space and time, how is their footwork in a dirty pocket, etc. Bard was terrible in all of those phases. A live practice will show more than if a QB can just take a hit.

Advertisement

1. He's not worried about getting a QB dinged up because there are probably a few guys who are basically interchangeable;
2. He wants to see how a couple guys react to live conditions. Kaaya looked like a world beater wearing that red jersey in practice last year.

#2 is where I'm at. He knows that "Kaaya Syndrome" is real and possibly contagious. Especially if you're looking for your QB to be more mobile, you want to see what they can/can't do when the bullets start flying. Also helps your defense deal with a legitimate moving target. As Richt put it "we want to know is it REALLY a sack or isn't it?"

"Kaaya Syndrome"????? every school in the country including high school teams have a non-contact jersey for their assumed starting QB the only reason this is even an option is because there are so many different candidates of similar playing level. It will help distinguish who's better fit in live game situation absolutely ZERO to do with Kaaya it's about time we stop dragging his name through the mud, he's gone and we should focus on the future savages we have on deck. It does help with the defense finishing plays but that's not a primary concern, CMR said himself that's the plan for now if he doesn't chicken out.

Perhaps I was being too glib. I realize the non-contact jersey is standard procedure. The "Kaaya Syndrome" thing was mainly alluding to how Brad was so good when he could throw "clean" and yet so bad under any kind of perceived pressure. That kind of thing gets in a QB's head, and the move to a live-contact QB might be in part a reaction to that as well. That's all I was saying.

Understood, however these notions goes for any QB they all tap dance when there's pressure if they're an immobile pocket passer that's the only issue I have with the "Kaaya Syndrome" thing no-one should expect a QB to take shot after shot after shot and believe that he won't begin to hesitate and play worse. He was under direst for most of the season and happened to deliver, maybe not as much as we would like but he did make plays under pressure.
Exactly. That oline played **** poor from unc- notre dame game

No, because it would be news to me too

Could have fooled me.

You're defending him like either you're him, or you birthed him.

What does the fin part in fincane mean, anyway?

Had nothing to do with Porter. Everything to do with a guy who knows what it's like to get stuff wrong and get called out for it being so quick to pop off like we all forgot about Anthony McFarland.

What are you talking about Petes info on Macfarland was really good actually.
The kid just turned out to be incredibly g.ay a couple days before signing day. In fact if I remember correctly, wasnt Pete like the first one to say that Macfarland wont be in this class?

If you report that the kid is essentially committed when he tells you he is committed, and acts like he is commited, and the staff tells you hes committed, then your reporting is not wrong. Then when he took the maryland visit at the end everything changed, and Pete reported that it didn't look good for us any more.

I imagine most reporters would have a similar story to tell when something doesn't go there way which was the point to begin with. He wants to flex on somebody when he's pretty **** aware **** out of a reporter's control can have you answering for a wrong prediction.

Hey Matt, did Pete smash your wife? Is that what this vendetta is about?

No, because it would be news to me too

Could have fooled me.

You're defending him like either you're him, or you birthed him.

What does the fin part in fincane mean, anyway?

Had nothing to do with Porter. Everything to do with a guy who knows what it's like to get stuff wrong and get called out for it being so quick to pop off like we all forgot about Anthony McFarland.

What are you talking about Petes info on Macfarland was really good actually.
The kid just turned out to be incredibly g.ay a couple days before signing day. In fact if I remember correctly, wasnt Pete like the first one to say that Macfarland wont be in this class?

If you report that the kid is essentially committed when he tells you he is committed, and acts like he is commited, and the staff tells you hes committed, then your reporting is not wrong. Then when he took the maryland visit at the end everything changed, and Pete reported that it didn't look good for us any more.

I imagine most reporters would have a similar story to tell when something doesn't go there way which was the point to begin with. He wants to flex on somebody when he's pretty **** aware **** out of a reporter's control can have you answering for a wrong prediction.

So you're excuse is just that nothing is in the reporters control.

This is the fact, Pete reported macfarland was going to be a Cane. And at that point it was basically set in stone; The player believed it and the staff believed it. Then very last minute, the idiot changes his mind, and Pete is either the first or one of the first to report that he won't be coming here. Nowhere in that was Pete wrong, or at least wasn't wrong at the time of reporting.

Porter reported that Kaaya was going to stay or leaning towards returning. And theres just no indication that that is true, or that he ever was really leading towards staying. We know this because at the same time Porter reported that, Pete AND Matt Miller reported that Kaaya was clearly leaning towards declaring early....which he ended up doing. (source: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/matt-miller-matt-porter-kaaya/114826/5)

So, reporters can be wrong. And petes been wrong before. But you can not compare the macfarland situation where pete had great info, to the kaaya situation where Porter very clearly had bad info....Which is why Pete said Porter is clueless.

First of all, Porter's "information" here is worthless. It's not even information. He said sources told him Rosier looks "more comfortable." What the fck does that even mean, and how do you quantify that vacuous horseshyt? It's idiot ******* blogger reporting 101.

Advertisement

he did?

Advertisement

Taking shots isn't the whole point. Does the QB know when to step up, can the create more space and time, how is their footwork in a dirty pocket, etc. Bard was terrible in all of those phases. A live practice will show more than if a QB can just take a hit.

I don't think he was as terrible as people making it seem. What pocket was he going to step up into and maneuver around in behind last years o-line? I'm not saying he had great mechanics under pressure but they were not as **** poor as people are saying. I'm sure there are many clips of him making bad plays under pressure as well as great plays under pressure saying he was just terrible is not an accurate statement.

I don't think he was as terrible as people making it seem. What pocket was he going to step up into and maneuver around in behind last years o-line? I'm not saying he had great mechanics under pressure but they were not as **** poor as people are saying. I'm sure there are many clips of him making bad plays under pressure as well as great plays under pressure saying he was just terrible is not an accurate statement.

Go watch the VT game. He sacked himself 5 times at least with some nice pockets to step into. He singlehandedly lost the UNC game and was a big part of the loss to FSU. Kaaya was good against the App St's of the world, sort of, he was pretty bad against FAU. He was bleh against GT. Kaaya was great at one thing, collecting stats when it didn't matter. The bowl game was the only time he performed consistently when it mattered, but even then it was 2.5 quarters he was good in while garbage the first quarter and a half.

Mark Richt may let his quarterbacks get hit in scrimmage | Canes Watch

Something from "sources" who have seen practices:

Richt said there is separation between his quarterbacks, but he wouldn’t reveal who’s leading. Several sources who have observed practice told the Post that Rosier looks to be the most comfortable, which makes sense given his experience. Richt said he was “reserving [his] opinion until the scrimmage,” because someone may show him something they haven’t displayed in practice.

Porter's sources also told him that Kaaya was coming back.

I don't care who starts, I just want to win! I just remember last spring, there was all this talk that Rosier would transfer because he was garbage and that the other two would be ahead of him, yet he was our second string last year. I just hope whoever Richt starts, he doesn't do what he did during that four game run where he totally used our qb wrong costing us those games.

Yeah I can't believe Richt called so many LG-C Whiffs. I wasn't impressed with the number of run-fall into fetal position options either.

Go watch the VT game. He sacked himself 5 times at least with some nice pockets to step into. He singlehandedly lost the UNC game and was a big part of the loss to FSU. Kaaya was good against the App St's of the world, sort of, he was pretty bad against FAU. He was bleh against GT. Kaaya was great at one thing, collecting stats when it didn't matter. The bowl game was the only time he performed consistently when it mattered, but even then it was 2.5 quarters he was good in while garbage the first quarter and a half.

Sooo what about when he made throws under pressure in those aforementioned games like fsu.. as i said before he wasn't great but he wasn't terrible either everything can't go perfect every play. There's a reason he's an NFL caliber qb ijs

Advertisement

he did?

Yes he did there's plenty of plays on his tapes that have him avoiding pressure by side stepping or stepping into the pocket and delivering the ball there's also some him delivering the ball while getting hit. He did have brain farts where he could've ran or gotten rid of the ball but this notion of he was terrible is utterly ridiculous.

If Sheriffs can make all the short to mid range throws then he really only needs a quick 40 yard toss with air to Richards, Thomas or Hartley for a big play. Not like he will have to wait for them to get separation on the fly.

Sooo what about when he made throws under pressure in those aforementioned games like fsu.. as i said before he wasn't great but he wasn't terrible either everything can't go perfect every play. There's a reason he's an NFL caliber qb ijs

Like the pick in the end zone that was a huge reason we lost? You can see Kaaya how you want. I'll remember the guy that went 23-16, 0-3 against FSU, and ran a 14.6 40.

Advertisement
If Sheriffs can make all the short to mid range throws then he really only needs a quick 40 yard toss with air to Richards, Thomas or Hartley for a big play. Not like he will have to wait for them to get separation on the fly.

Exactly. Give me a QB with good timing and ball placement that can throw the ball 50 yards over a guy with a cannon that can't read a D or often misses easy passes. How many times have we seen a guy NOT hit in stride and wondered 'what if'?

These people love to find a narrative to see if it sticks. Look at the notre dame tape, what pocket was he going to step into?.... Linder and the other interior guys may a guy jarron Jones look like a top 10 pick.... he didn't do that or anywhere close to that to any other team...

Like the pick in the end zone that was a huge reason we lost? You can see Kaaya how you want. I'll remember the guy that went 23-16, 0-3 against FSU, and ran a 14.6 40.

Did he ever finish that 40?

For me, it's not even about Kaaya taking shots necessarily. I've never questioned his toughness. It's that so often he took shots he never had to take in the first place due to his lack of pressure awareness.

Advertisement
Back