CMR Presser from today

Gruden is a charismatic talking head that never developed not scouted QBs that we'll. Everyone is great and he wants them on his team.

Please tell me one game where Kaaya led us to a last minute game winning drive. Or just give me an example of Kaaya beating a team that was ranked, at the time isnfine, but what about the end of the season? WVU and who? Also, please give me Kaaya's stats from the FSU and UNC games this year.

Again those are team accomplishments but ok

Okay, throw everyone, but Kaaya under the bus. He deserves no blame. It's ridiculous how many people on this board believe he was not at fault for a lot of issues on offense.

Is he not apart of the team? I haven't said that he had zero part of the team losing but he wasn't the biggest part that some of yal make him seem. The team would've been far worse off without him.

This team would be far worse without a lot of players. That isn't saying much. Kaaya did singlehandedly lose games in his career. UNC this past season is one game where the defense gave him every chance to win, the blocking wasn't garbage, and guys were getting open. Kaaya just couldn't throw a ball into the ocean that day because he was wildly inconsistent again any decent team. Go back and watch that game. We win that game with a QB not named Kaaya. FSU is another game he had a big part in losing. 1) that interception was awful and something a middle schooler would throw 2) he wouldn't throw it to an open Njoku all night for whatever reason 3) he never threw to guys in 1 on 1 to have a chance to make a play.

One of my biggest issues with Kaaya was he didn't throw guys open nearly enough. The backshoulder throw is something he's apparently never heard of. He needed a clean pocket and a 5 yard cushion between the receiver and DB to make the pass. If a guy was covered 1 on 1 he was always too scared to give his guys a chance to make a play. The rare times he would it always resulted in a big play.

Lol sounds like kaaya is the worst qb ever did he do anything right in your eyes?

Advertisement
Guys... WTF. Stop looking in the rear view mirror... What coulda been

Get off Kaaya back... Yeah, we all know he made mistakes. Yeah, he dropped a couple of game... but He won our first bowl game in many years and leaves us in a good position to take the next step... Will the next QB please step forward.

Good luck Kaaya... I wish you well and thanks for being a brother CANE

Again those are team accomplishments but ok

Okay, throw everyone, but Kaaya under the bus. He deserves no blame. It's ridiculous how many people on this board believe he was not at fault for a lot of issues on offense.

Is he not apart of the team? I haven't said that he had zero part of the team losing but he wasn't the biggest part that some of yal make him seem. The team would've been far worse off without him.

This team would be far worse without a lot of players. That isn't saying much. Kaaya did singlehandedly lose games in his career. UNC this past season is one game where the defense gave him every chance to win, the blocking wasn't garbage, and guys were getting open. Kaaya just couldn't throw a ball into the ocean that day because he was wildly inconsistent again any decent team. Go back and watch that game. We win that game with a QB not named Kaaya. FSU is another game he had a big part in losing. 1) that interception was awful and something a middle schooler would throw 2) he wouldn't throw it to an open Njoku all night for whatever reason 3) he never threw to guys in 1 on 1 to have a chance to make a play.

One of my biggest issues with Kaaya was he didn't throw guys open nearly enough. The backshoulder throw is something he's apparently never heard of. He needed a clean pocket and a 5 yard cushion between the receiver and DB to make the pass. If a guy was covered 1 on 1 he was always too scared to give his guys a chance to make a play. The rare times he would it always resulted in a big play.

Lol sounds like kaaya is the worst qb ever did he do anything right in your eyes?

If you can't even read what I'm saying without creating hyperbole, then you must have nothing to retort it with. Not once have I said Kaaya was an overall terrible quarterback, I've just pointed out his long list of weaknesses that are very obvious.

If you can't even read what I'm saying without creating hyperbole, then you must have nothing to retort it with. Not once have I said Kaaya was an overall terrible quarterback, I've just pointed out his long list of weaknesses that are very obvious.

Dude I've repeated several times that he had weaknesses and wasn't great or good at some things.. But in the above list of weaknesses what other attributes are there to a quarterback to make him an overall good quarterback by your lofty standards.

Advertisement
Guys... WTF. Stop looking in the rear view mirror... What coulda been

Get off Kaaya back... Yeah, we all know he made mistakes. Yeah, he dropped a couple of game... but He won our first bowl game in many years and leaves us in a good position to take the next step... Will the next QB please step forward.

Good luck Kaaya... I wish you well and thanks for being a brother CANE

That's all I'm saying lol

Im going with Malik Rosier as the starter bc all of them are inconsistent qbs but Rosier has the most experience and is the best athlete. Once he beats out Evans, Allison, and Weldon, it will be between him and Perry for the starting job come fall.

I can see a scenario with Rosier starting and Perry getting reps to get him experience in preparation for next season... then Sitkowski comes in next year and redshirts. With two out of the three left, Evans, Allsion, and/or Weldon transferring during the offseason.

Dude I've repeated several times that he had weaknesses and wasn't great or good at some things.. But in the above list of weaknesses what other attributes are there to a quarterback to make him an overall good quarterback by your lofty standards.

A good quarterback is one that takes the talent around him to the next level. They can operate around a pocket, they don't panic at the slightest of pressure. They can actually sense pressure. They don't sack themselves repeatedly. They trust their receivers and if they see 1 on 1 they'll throw it that way and allow them to make a play. Best of all, they don't collect stats against FAU and App St, but instead they actually play just as well against the best competition too. A good QB gets more wins than his team should have.

Kaaya has been surrounded by massive amounts of talent in the skill positions since he arrived. I would hate to see how poor he played if he wasn't throwing to Coleys, Dorsetts, Njokus, Hurns, etc. In his career.

Kayaa's career high is against FSU. **** he averaged over 300 a game against them. He didn't pad his stats

Advertisement
Kayaa's career high is against FSU. **** he averaged over 300 a game against them. He didn't pad his stats

choked when it was time to be a leader every time

Kaaya in his first two games against FSU: have amazing 3.5 quarters worth of play. Has a chance to lead the team down the field for a win in both games, decides to throw the ball into linemen.

Kaaya vs FSU last year: plays terrible for the entire game, throws an interception that is just awful that completely changes the game and is one of those times you can point to a play and say, "this is where we lost", almost makes up for it by throwing a ball that normally is getting knocked down or picked, but the DB gets blinded by the stadium lights.

He was a huge reason the first two games we were in the games, but he failed to get a game winning drive in either of them. He was the reason we were even trailing at any point the last game and put us too behind, too late, to win. Had he played just average, not his FSU average, but just played like an average college QB this past year we beat FSU, we beat UNC, we have a chance against VT. ND was more on Richt.

A good quarterback is one that takes the talent around him to the next level. They can operate around a pocket, they don't panic at the slightest of pressure. They can actually sense pressure. They don't sack themselves repeatedly. They trust their receivers and if they see 1 on 1 they'll throw it that way and allow them to make a play. Best of all, they don't collect stats against FAU and App St, but instead they actually play just as well against the best competition too. A good QB gets more wins than his team should have.

Kaaya has been surrounded by massive amounts of talent in the skill positions since he arrived. I would hate to see how poor he played if he wasn't throwing to Coleys, Dorsetts, Njokus, Hurns, etc. In his career.

Sooooo you are saying he's a terrible quarterback overall. Lol we'll just agree to disagree on this one homie.

Sooooo you are saying he's a terrible quarterback overall. Lol we'll just agree to disagree on this one homie.

No, I'm saying he isn't a great quarterback.

Advertisement
Im going with Malik Rosier as the starter bc all of them are inconsistent qbs but Rosier has the most experience and is the best athlete. Once he beats out Evans, Allison, and Weldon, it will be between him and Perry for the starting job come fall.

I can see a scenario with Rosier starting and Perry getting reps to get him experience in preparation for next season... then Sitkowski comes in next year and redshirts. With two out of the three left, Evans, Allsion, and/or Weldon transferring during the offseason.

I have a feeling Rosier will start too. And we're gonna want his head the first game he loses.

I never said he was a great quarterback. I just stated he doesn't deserve the backlash he receives as if he's the worst qb to play for UM. Especially considering the circumstances that he had to perform in throughout his collegiate career.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I never said he was a great quarterback. I just stated he doesn't deserve the backlash he receives as if he's the worst qb to play for UM. Especially considering the circumstances that he had to perform in throughout his collegiate career.

You can say you are doing one thing, but that doesn't make it true. You are deflecting any and everything away from Kaaya. He deserves plenty of backlash. I don't care that he played under Golden for two years. Plenty of other players on the team played under Golden as well, then made tremendous progression under a real staff.

Kaaya was a great QB at times, a terrible QB at other times. He is way too inconsistent. What I disliked the most about Kaaya was that if his first read wasn't open, he would get anxious and his mechanics would breakdown. We were at our best when he took a quick drop, and got the ball out to the first read. If he was covered and Kaaya was forced to make progressions, then it would get ugly more often than not and fast.

That's fine if he was able to stay consistent. Go watch the bowl game. It was a perfect example of what you'll get with Kaaya. He was really bad the first 1.5 quarters. He was missing wide open guys left and right, constantly throwing high. Then he got hot and hit 19 of 21, 1 of which hit off the WR's hands. 19 of 21 is amazing and I'd take that Kaaya over anyone in the nation. Not getting a first down for 21 minutes of game time isn't great and I'd take anyone in the nation over that Kaaya. Give me a guy that has a lower ceiling, but is a lot more consistent because too many times in Kaaya's career did his weekly slumps put us in a real bind.

Advertisement
Back