CMR Presser from today

Advertisement
I think it will be rosier. Sheriffs doesnt have the arm to push the ball down the field to this speed we will have. I think the offense will be run first next year with rpos and play action off the run game.

That run first crap sunk us last year.

"My plan right now is to give the QBs a normal jersey and play ball."

:rickflair2:

That tells you a couple things:

1. He's not worried about getting a QB dinged up because there are probably a few guys who are basically interchangeable;
2. He wants to see how a couple guys react to live conditions. Kaaya looked like a world beater wearing that red jersey in practice last year.

Sometimes it scares me when we think exactly alike.

It should scare you when you're not thinking like a Living Legend.

Again, don't sleep on Shirreffs. Watched his high school clips and thought to myself here is a classic late bloomer. If he gets in the right situation and the timing is right and he puts on good weight and strength, then this kid may surprise. Really good student and smart kid. Yes, it's the right situation and the timing is right. He has gotten much bigger and stronger. Check. He has some serious weapons so he just has to be smart and distribute. Check. Kaaya leaving opens the door. Check. Had Kaaya stayed then I think a year from now after Perry gets to put on 20 pounds it was going to be his job to lose. Perry will be given his opportunity, but he is going to have to clearly take it from Rosier or Shirreffs.

Advertisement

1. He's not worried about getting a QB dinged up because there are probably a few guys who are basically interchangeable;
2. He wants to see how a couple guys react to live conditions. Kaaya looked like a world beater wearing that red jersey in practice last year.

#2 is where I'm at. He knows that "Kaaya Syndrome" is real and possibly contagious. Especially if you're looking for your QB to be more mobile, you want to see what they can/can't do when the bullets start flying. Also helps your defense deal with a legitimate moving target. As Richt put it "we want to know is it REALLY a sack or isn't it?"

"Kaaya Syndrome"????? every school in the country including high school teams have a non-contact jersey for their assumed starting QB the only reason this is even an option is because there are so many different candidates of similar playing level. It will help distinguish who's better fit in live game situation absolutely ZERO to do with Kaaya it's about time we stop dragging his name through the mud, he's gone and we should focus on the future savages we have on deck. It does help with the defense finishing plays but that's not a primary concern, CMR said himself that's the plan for now if he doesn't chicken out.

Mark Richt may let his quarterbacks get hit in scrimmage | Canes Watch

Something from "sources" who have seen practices:

Richt said there is separation between his quarterbacks, but he wouldn’t reveal who’s leading. Several sources who have observed practice told the Post that Rosier looks to be the most comfortable, which makes sense given his experience. Richt said he was “reserving [his] opinion until the scrimmage,” because someone may show him something they haven’t displayed in practice.

Porter's sources also told him that Kaaya was coming back.

****+punch+shocking+failure+of+defeat_fa044d_3912871.gif

The peter ariz and matt porter beef lol.
You know he reads this site , probably lurking this thread right now

Am I the last one to figure out that Matt Porter is fincane?

No, because it would be news to me too

Could have fooled me.

You're defending him like either you're him, or you birthed him.

What does the fin part in fincane mean, anyway?

Dolphins fan, most likely?

:U5PyXda:

Who do you think Richt was referring to as leading?

I think he could be referring to a couple guys that have separated themselves, not necessarily just 1. I've heard that Rosier and Shirreffs are taking more first team snaps than Allison right now.

Which means if Jack does not get the starting nod I can see him transferring after this year. Perry and then Artur next year for the future... nice to have good QB's coming in!

Advertisement

#2 is where I'm at. He knows that "Kaaya Syndrome" is real and possibly contagious. Especially if you're looking for your QB to be more mobile, you want to see what they can/can't do when the bullets start flying. Also helps your defense deal with a legitimate moving target. As Richt put it "we want to know is it REALLY a sack or isn't it?"

"Kaaya Syndrome"????? every school in the country including high school teams have a non-contact jersey for their assumed starting QB the only reason this is even an option is because there are so many different candidates of similar playing level. It will help distinguish who's better fit in live game situation absolutely ZERO to do with Kaaya it's about time we stop dragging his name through the mud, he's gone and we should focus on the future savages we have on deck. It does help with the defense finishing plays but that's not a primary concern, CMR said himself that's the plan for now if he doesn't chicken out.

Perhaps I was being too glib. I realize the non-contact jersey is standard procedure. The "Kaaya Syndrome" thing was mainly alluding to how Brad was so good when he could throw "clean" and yet so bad under any kind of perceived pressure. That kind of thing gets in a QB's head, and the move to a live-contact QB might be in part a reaction to that as well. That's all I was saying.

Good decision. You don't know what you have until the quarterback is facing live bullets.
Our discussion at every event we run into each other. Especially during the Kaaya era and post-Fall2016.

Great points! Richt also said that a QB has separated himself but he does not want to reveal who it is until he can see how the QB performs in a game like situation. Just speculating, but that tells me that Rosier is likely not the one separating from the pack because he already has actual game day film from 2 years ago that can be analyzed by Richt and the staff as well as plenty of reps in the scrimmages from last year as the #2 QB.

I'm not sure that film is as valuable as you seem to think.

Really disappointed with Jack.

I had the qb battle b/w him and Perry. With Evan as a dark horse.

Advertisement
The peter ariz and matt porter beef lol.
You know he reads this site , probably lurking this thread right now

Could have fooled me.

Had nothing to do with Porter. Everything to do with a guy who knows what it's like to get stuff wrong and get called out for it being so quick to pop off like we all forgot about Anthony McFarland.

What are you talking about Petes info on Macfarland was really good actually.
The kid just turned out to be incredibly g.ay a couple days before signing day. In fact if I remember correctly, wasnt Pete like the first one to say that Macfarland wont be in this class?

If you report that the kid is essentially committed when he tells you he is committed, and acts like he is commited, and the staff tells you hes committed, then your reporting is not wrong. Then when he took the maryland visit at the end everything changed, and Pete reported that it didn't look good for us any more.

I'm getting a Shirreffs vibe as of late. I recall hearing recently that he makes the right decisions and fewest errors notwithstanding his lack of big arm. I recall accuracy being Rozier's issue and proper decisions being Jack's issue. I'm thinking that Richt goes with the guy who simply executes his offense with the fewest mistakes and that sounds like Shirreffs.

Advertisement

Could have fooled me.

Had nothing to do with Porter. Everything to do with a guy who knows what it's like to get stuff wrong and get called out for it being so quick to pop off like we all forgot about Anthony McFarland.

What are you talking about Petes info on Macfarland was really good actually.
The kid just turned out to be incredibly g.ay a couple days before signing day. In fact if I remember correctly, wasnt Pete like the first one to say that Macfarland wont be in this class?

If you report that the kid is essentially committed when he tells you he is committed, and acts like he is commited, and the staff tells you hes committed, then your reporting is not wrong. Then when he took the maryland visit at the end everything changed, and Pete reported that it didn't look good for us any more.

I imagine most reporters would have a similar story to tell when something doesn't go there way which was the point to begin with. He wants to flex on somebody when he's pretty **** aware **** out of a reporter's control can have you answering for a wrong prediction.

Sometimes you guys get an idea or an impression in your head and take it to an extreme. Shirreffs arm is plenty good enough to be our starting QB. He isn't Matthew Stafford but he can make every throw we need him to, especially if his accuracy and decision making are what is seperating him from the competition.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sometimes it scares me when we think exactly alike.

Congratulations, you came to the same conclusion that everyone else likely came to as well considering they are the most logical reasons.

Perhaps I was being too glib. I realize the non-contact jersey is standard procedure. The "Kaaya Syndrome" thing was mainly alluding to how Brad was so good when he could throw "clean" and yet so bad under any kind of perceived pressure. That kind of thing gets in a QB's head, and the move to a live-contact QB might be in part a reaction to that as well. That's all I was saying.

Understood, however these notions goes for any QB they all tap dance when there's pressure if they're an immobile pocket passer that's the only issue I have with the "Kaaya Syndrome" thing no-one should expect a QB to take shot after shot after shot and believe that he won't begin to hesitate and play worse. He was under direst for most of the season and happened to deliver, maybe not as much as we would like but he did make plays under pressure.

Advertisement
Back